U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:57 AM

6,473 posts, read 13,949,864 times

Advertisements

Kinkytoes is back! We are now closer than ever to the 2018 FIFA world cup in Russia. In this post, Ill be checking out what some players were up to this weekend. Then Ill share some information about Bobby Wood. And finally we will learn about one of the venues for FWC Russia 2018, the city of Ekaterinburg!

This weekend, some of our favourite players from the USMNT had overseas matches: Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes FR), Ream (, Yedlinny (Sunderland, UK), Howard (Everton, UK), Brooks (Hertha Berlin, DE), Morales (Ingolstadt, DE), Chandler (Entracht Frankfurt, DE), Guzan (Aston Villa, UK), Johnson (Borussia Moenchengladbach, DE), Ibarra y Yarbrough (Club Leon, MX), Gonzalez (Pachuca, MX)

You can read all about how they did in this blog: USMNT Watch: Alejandro Bedoya in Red-Hot Form for Nantes - WEB CURIOSIDADES
Ligue 1 has a YT Channel! So you can stream highlights from French games! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQs...9hONE1BQjucM0g

He Talks Too!

In major news, there is FINALLY more information about the mysterous and gorgeous Bobby Wood. He is on Facebook and he did an interview about his career and gave some information about his youth in Hawaii.

Apparently Bobby's childhood football games involved a lot of Capri Sun and Spam Musubi. LOL so cute. Sadly much of the interview is on F_rcebook, which Kinkytoes does not use. US Soccer did print some of it at the link below:
Social Spotlight: Bobby Wood - U.S. Soccer

How To Make Spam Musubi

City of Ekaterinburg

Let us learn about one of the intriguing venues for Russia 2018: The city of Ekaterinburg/Yekaterinburg/Екатеринбург! The city is where the last Czar of Russia and his family, the Romanov were executed at the start of the Bolshevik revolution. The City is also referred to by some as the Gateway between Europe and Asia and is in the Ural Mountains.

As far as food, the rolled up pancake in many forms is popular, especially with meat fillings or cheese curd fillings. You can also have cabbage filling or sweet pancakes with boiled condensed milk. The pancakes are called blini, blinichiki or Russian crepes. You can find many recipes online to make your own yummy rolled pancakes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjqd_fYVzsI

Resources:
MNT on TV: Race for Roster Spots Heats Up - U.S. Soccer
Екатеринбург — путеводитель, где остановиться, что посмотреть и многое другое на Туристер.*у
The Mad Monarchist: Consort Profile: Czarina Alexandra Feodorovna
Ekaterinburg Guide - Way to Russia
Archive - RUSSIAN FOOD MARKET
Chicken and Mushroom Blini With Creamy Mushroom Sauce | Olga's Flavor Factory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 05:46 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,800,578 times
#FireKlinsmann

Old 03-26-2016, 11:54 AM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
#FireKlinsmann
C'mon, man. Don't you know that playing 6 out of position and no tactics to speak of is how games are won?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:31 PM

Default La Crisis Argentina

The real crisis is that the USA vs Argentina game broke Univision's website, so I can't watch it. US Soccer needs to stop trying to get $$, fans want to watch the games, can't they just put them on YT and have a 15 min delay. At least I'd be able to watch the full games afterwards.

The bad news is that we are down 2 - 0, but the good news is that we were good enough to make it to the Semi Finals. Good Job boys! As you know I'm really concerned about World Cup 2018, but doing well in Copa America is Good! The game is on now and thank GOD for not-so-high-tech the play by play:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...l-latest-score

Nice info on this site:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...iwannaplay.png

God I need to reinstall the GIMP again, but look at my babies. God I love them. Thanks for giving me a US soccer team to love and thanks to ussoccer for the original images via twatter.

Messi just made a goal (on penalty kick), making it 2:0 Argentina. By the way, this edition of World Cup Team USA 2018 is being brought to you by our sponsor Grey Goose Vodka!

(LOL OMG Clint just elbowed some guy in the throat) Let me tell you guys out of all of the countries, Argentina is my least favorite. They are in south America, and call themselves like the Europe of South America. Plus don't they still owe the USA some money? At any rate, I'm going to try to concentrate on sports. Our team is good, but you know Messi...

WHEW it is halftime
! Here is the lineup of the beloved Team USA for tonight's game:
GOALKEEPERS (3): 1-Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), 12-Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), 22-Ethan Horvath (Molde IK) DEFENDERS (8): 5-Matt Besler (Sporting KC), 3-Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), 6-John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), 20-Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), 21-Edgar Castillo (Monterrey), 23-Fabian Johnson (Borussia Moenchengladbach), 14-Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), 2-DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

MIDFIELDERS/FORWARDS (12): 15-Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), 11-Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), 4-Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), 8-Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), 13-Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), 16-Perry Kitchen (Heart of Midlothian), 10-Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), 17-Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), 18-Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), 7-Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV), 20-Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), 19-Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)

Match Preview: USA vs. Argentina | Copa America Semifinal | 9pm ET | FS1, Univision - U.S. Soccer

Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya and Bobby Wood had to be taken out at the Last Minute! They will be missed. Love you babes. But moving on! There are NEW-to-Kinkytoes players in the lineup! I've only heard of Darlington Nagbe before and watched him play a bit when I was on travel. He is GOOD.

I'll do the next post on these guys so we can get to know them. For now watching el partido. Hope they are not nervous because of Argentina, and make some barbacoa of Argentina in the 2nd half. I'll still be trying to see the game live on UV as well...

I'll leave you with my soundtrack for the game now. An oldie but GOODIE live by Celia Cruz...again RIP Carino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqIN9ja2Hoc

Last edited by kinkytoes; 06-21-2016 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: Removed insensitive Messi insults

Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Default St. Petersburg Venue

For this post, I'll discuss another venue for the 2018 World Cup: St. Petersburg!

Since I'm sure there will be many guys going there for women, I'm posting this somewhat-related documentary of Mail Order Brides (MOBs). One of the St. Petersburg women quoted in the clip says The problem in Russia is that there aren't enough men. I'm sure that will change for over a month during the World Cup. Per the narrator, St. Petersburg is Russia's 2nd biggest city and home to 2.5 million women, and it is a city Ripe for Love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3McEHlBmgE

Per the FIFA website, Saint Petersburg city centre is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Tourism is one of the key sectors of the citys economy, and the city welcomes up to five million tourists each year, more than any other city in Russia.

Information about the Zenit Stadium

It will overlook the Gulf of Finland and have a retractable PITCH and a sliding Roof
Designed by Japanese architect, Dr. Kisho Kurokawa, it will have advanced technology and futuristic design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmE2ytLeYU

None of the new players from the Copa America caught my eye, so I'm going to skip their bios unless I see them come up in new games. You can check out USSoccer to see what our favorite players have been up to since the tournament: MNT Weekend Rewind: Decisive Semifinal Round Qualifiers on the Horizon - U.S. Soccer

The next FWC qualifying match will take place on September 2nd against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on the lovely island of St. Vincent: Schedule & Tickets - U.S. Soccer

References:
U.S. Men's National Team - U.S. Soccer
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia? - Saint Petersburg - FIFA.com
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia? - Destination - FIFA.com
2018 FIFA World Cup: Russia - FIFA World Cup - News - UEFA.com

Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM

Hey I'm back! KT needs a job that allows her to follow the US MNT for a living. I've been too busy! But that should change for the better soon. Now that the USA is friends with Russia thanks to President Trump, visiting the country may be even more fun for soccer fans in 2018! We have learned about Ekaterinburg and Saint Petersburg in Russia so far. Next up is Moscow!

This city was founded by Yuri Dolgorukiy in 1147. It is notable as the Russia's capital and home to the Kremlin. Back when Moscow was founded, the original Kremlin was made out of wood. Over its long history, the Kremlin was burned, bombed 8 times and even disguised! It was rebuilt more than once. The Kremlin is the largest active fortress in Europe.

Gents may be happy to know that in addition to housing the Kremlin, Moscow is also home to lots of beautiful single ladies, who--according to the daily beast--are Fed Up with the local men! Russia

The Modern Kremlin:
With Vladimir Putin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzytxZZHOEY

There are many accommodations in Moscow that should be familiar to American travelers such as the Marriott, Ritz Carlton and Hotel Intercontinental in the Tverskaya district. Moscow is divided into four rings. Tverskaya is between the Kremlin and the garden ring. As a modern city, Moscow also has restaurants that may be familiar such as Starbucks and Mcdonalds (biggest in Europe).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLdM5DYYBQ

Famous Location: Gorky Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pe_qmsbGE

The FIFA Venue: Luzhniki Stadium

By using the public transportation in Moscow, fans can easily travel all over the city. The games will be held at Luzhniki Stadium, which will host the World Cup Opening match. The stadium is along the Moscow River and lies opposite the beautiful Vorob’evy Hills Natural Park.

The Stadium:
(Pic of Sepp. I don't care what they say he did, I miss him.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WDAeaFXS-A

References:
(Fifa Venue Site) Stadium Venues | 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia (TM)
Tverskaya Ulitsa Street Guide Moscow
Curious facts about The Moscow Kremlin | Hello Moskva!
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia? - Moscow - FIFA.com

Last but not least, Congrats to Bruce Arena and the MNT on the win against Honduras! Uh 6:0 Dang.
USA Cruises to 6-0 Win vs. Honduras in Critical World Cup Qualifier - U.S. Soccer
Some of the players we know and love were part of the lineup:
USA: 1-Tim Howard; 2-Jorge Villafaa, 3-Omar Gonzalez, 6-John Brooks (14-Tim Ream, 70), 20-Geoff Cameron (19-Graham Zusi, 59); 4-Michael Bradley (capt.), 9-Sebastian Lletget (11-Alejandro Bedoya, 18), 10-Christian Pulisic, 15-Darlington Nagbe; 8-Clint Dempsey, 17-Jozy Altidore

Head coach: Bruce Arena

Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 PM

280 posts, read 186,335 times
Bobby Wood over Altidore all day. Pulisic, Wood and Dempsey up top might actually do some damage.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:33 PM

It looks like they have been doing some damage. I don't know, I love Clint, but he's had a lot of hurt put on him. Like all players, I guess. I also like Bobby, and need to pay some more attention to how he is playing. Hoping they all avoid injury.

It looks like US Soccer has started the One Nation One Team promo again. I'm pretty sure they did this before. Here's one with Alejandro Bedoya who has left France and is now playing for the Philadelphia Union:
Five Things to Know About U.S. MNT Midfielder Alejandro Bedoya - U.S. Soccer

Old 11-05-2017, 02:47 PM

Well that's that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or