U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,943,434 times

Advertisements

The USA Men's soccer team: hot, talented, generous, funny and charming. There is a lot to love. Making the thread for the 2014 world cup was so enjoyable, I've decided to do it again! Hopefully this thread can last for four years.

We do not know which players will definitely be a part of the team yet, so I'll start with the roster for the first game of the new cycle leading up to 2018. I'll put in bios about each player as they're introduced. Then we can all cry together when our favorite is cut from the team...or cry with happiness when he goes to the world cup and we win it all!

Link to the 2014 thread: World Cup TeamUSA 2014

Games so far: Team USA 1-0 Czech Republic...Thanks to a goal by our beloved Alejandro Bedoya. He looks so cute with the light hair.
Czech Republic 0-1 United States: Alejandro Bedoya nets winner | Mail Online

The New USA Players

Goal Keeper:
Cody Cropper (Southampton)

Our new goal keeper is one more baby at barely 21 years old. He currently plays in the English Premier league for Southampton. He is pretty tall at 6'4" and fair hair that he seems to like to wear short. By the way, Cody seems to be a good candidate to give Brazil's Hulk a run for his money in terms of buns.

Cody was born in Atlanta Georgia in February 1993. Before moving to Southampton, he was starting keeper for the team's under 21 team. He also played in the Ipswich Under 18s in England as well as for the USA Under-20 Men's National team. In an interview, he said his dad calls him after almost all of his games.

Cody Cropper - player profile - Transfermarkt
ASN article: Cody Cropper, 21, Gets to Train with the Big Boys

Defenders:

Greg Garza (Club Tijuana)

Greg's current professional club has the coolest name. He plays for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuilentes De Caliente. WTH LOL. That is funny. It seems the club is named after the Mexican hairless dog, but I'm not sure what is up with the Caliente part. The famous Mexican painter, Frida Kahlo had one of these dogs. His name was Mr. Xolotl. I've never really gotten the hang of pronouncing the Mexican native names, but I think it is pronounced something like SHO-lo-EEtz-Kwee-lentis. Xolos for short.

Greg is 23 years old and was born in Grapevine, Texas in the USA. He seems to be on the shorter side at 5'8". Prior to playing for Tijuana, Greg played for the USA Under-20 Men's National team and Estoril Praia in Portugal. His current club, the Xolos, reached the Mexican Copa Libertadores quarter finals in 2013.

It is hard to tell, but his eyes seem to be his best feature. They are small and almond shaped, and it looks like he has long eyelashes and his eyes are light brown or green or something. It is hard to tell. Greg hurry up and become famous so I can find more closeup pictures of your face.

Greg Garza - Goal.com
Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente

Michael Orozco Fiscal (Puebla)

Looks wise Michael seems like un verdadero guerrero Azteca. In comparing MLS to Mexican play, Michael seems to confirm something I've noticed about the American league:
“[In the US], it is physical, with more collisions and contact."

IMO this is a big problem with the USA league, and they should try to remember that players are not wearing protective gear. I'm happy to see a good game and to have refs who help the players avoid career destroying and unnecessary injuries. Cough cough cough.

Michael was born in Irvine California and is 28 years old. I'm guessing he is in the prime of his soccer career. Probably at a very good juncture of fitness and experience. Michael played for the youth clubs Irvine Strikers and San Luis FC. In his professional career, he played for the Mexican San Luis Futbol Club, The USA Philadelphia Union and his current home, Mexican club Puebla.

Physically his best features seems to be his beautiful skin and his eyes. I'm not going to get into aegyo sal and make people puke, but you can see for yourselves below.

Gringo Report: Orozco Fiscal wants nat'l team spot back | MLSsoccer.com

Michael Orozco - Perfil del jugador - Transfermarkt

Timothy Michael Ream
(Bolton)

Tim was born in Saint Louis Missouri, but he is being showered with Love Love Love by the fans of his current English club, Bolton. In 2012, the club offered him 30 (thirty) times his salary to stay on, and this year he won Player of the Season as well as a popularity award from the club's fans. It is hard to believe that he had "a rough start" at Bolton.

Tim is 6'1" and 160 lbs. He is 26. As a youth, he played for Saint Dominic High School, and then went on to play for the Saint Louis University team. In his professional career, he played for the Chicago Fire American club, the New York Red Bulls and currently plays for the Bolton Wanderers in the English Championship League.

In non-soccer news, Tim is married and has at least one kid. He has blond hair and sometimes likes to rock a beard. He does not seem to have any tats.

American Exports: Tim Ream wins double Player of the Year honors for Bolton | MLSsoccer.com
Bolton to tempt Tim Ream with deal worth 30 times his salary | Mail Online
http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/tim-...er_145466.html
Tim Ream « Over There

Midfielders:

Joe Benny Corona (Club Tijuana)

He may not be the world's handsomest guy, but Joe Corona is so far winning the Dimple War in the Men's national team. He has cute hoyitos on both sides of his face. Joe plays for the Tijuana Xolos along with fellow American Greg Garza.

Joe was born in Los Angeles California and is 24 years old. He has played for the club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente for his entire professional career. Before he moved to the pros, Joe played for the Nomads soccer club, the San Diego State Aztecs and Tijuana's under-20 club.

Joe distinguished himself with los Xolos by scoring the team's first ever goal in Mexico's First Division (Primera División). In his time at the club, Joe helped the Xolos to win the Liga de Asenso championship in 2010, the Campeon de Ascenso in 2011 and the First Division championship in 2012.

Yanks Corner: The Forgotten Yank, Joe Corona - Empire of Soccer
Joe Corona - player profile - Transfermarkt
Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente

Hope you have enjoyed meeting some of the newer members of the USMT squad. I'll continue with the remaining midfielders and the forwards later. The next game is October 10th in Harford, CT against Ecuador.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 07:05 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,654,831 times
It is WAY too early to start thinking about who's going to be on the WC team in 4 years. Most of the players that you will be posting about how cute they are, have no shot at making the WC squad.

Additionally, we're only playing friendly's right now. That's why a lot of these nobodies are getting called up.

Once WC qualification starts (which is after the Gold Cup), then we can start an actual sports discussion about who will be on the team and who won't.

Your posts actually make me want to root against the US, just because you make the team seem like a bunch of teeny-boppers out of a Tiger Beat Magazine, rather than athletes.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:11 AM

7,549 posts, read 16,383,531 times
It is WAY too early, Id suggest someone starting one about football since this thread will be all about whos hot and whos dating who.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:55 AM

750 posts, read 919,681 times
It would be nice if I could save those 2 seconds that takes me to ignore kinkytoes posts...

Old 09-05-2014, 08:45 PM

For this post I'll be continuing with the rest of the midfield from the game in Prague.

Emerson Hyndman (Fulham)

Emerson was born in Dallas Texas and he's currently 18. Prior to joining his current club, he played in their Youth and under-18 clubs as well as for FC Dallas and the USA under-18 Men's National Team. Emmo started playing soccer at 5 and his granddad is Schellas Hyndman, former head coach of FC Dallas.

Per wikipedia, his granddad played for the now-defunct American Soccer League. The league was started in 1933.

Emerson Hyndman - player profile - Transfermarkt
Emmo's Wolves Target | Fulham Football Club
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schellas_Hyndman

Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt)

Alfredo Morales was born in Berlin, Germany to Peruvian-American parents. He's 24, 6' tall and weighs 163 pounds. Prior to joining the Bundesliga's Ingolstadt football club, Alfredo played in Germany for youth clubs Concordia Wilhelmsruh, Borussia Pankow, BSC Reinickendorf 21 and Hertha BSC. As a professional, he played for Hertha Berlin until last year.

Alfredo's nickname is Alfi, and he is happily married. He had a shotgun wedding. Upon marrying his bride, Nadja Galezky, he said it was "The happiest day of [his] life." That same year, after being courted by the coach of the Peruvian national team, Alfi also married himself professionally to Team USA.

Alfredo Morales - player profile - Transfermarkt
Alfredo Morales: 7 Things You Should Know | The Denim Kit
Lo "amarraron": Alfredo Morales se casó y espera llegada de su primogénito | Fútbol Internacional | Libero.pe

Dane Brekken Shea (Stoke City)

Geoff Cameron is not the only one keeping the kiln hot at Potters. Brek weighs in a delicious 6'3, and 180 lbs. He was born in College Station Texas and is 24.

According to some reports, the former FC Dallas star had not been getting enough field time at Stoke, and was looking for a loan this year. The transfer window closed this week, so it looks like he may be at Stoke for the season. IMO if his play on field is limited for Stoke this year, then he can give more to the USMNT. Call me selfish.

I've included a pic of Brek getting all dolled up to go out, or playing dress up or...getting undressed? His bedroom looks PLUSH. Love the lighting, the rug and the bed linen. It is either his bachelor pad or a hotel sorry the caption did not give details.

In addition to football, Brek seems to enjoy loud clothes, pig heads, guns and wheat bread. Yeah you can check out the links below. At first I wasn't sure...but BREK you are my kind of guy. He has fair blond hair with a little help from the bottle it seem, and favors mohawks.

Latest from The Football Ramble
American Exports: Brek Shea cleared to leave Stoke City on loan | MLSsoccer.com
Brek Shea - player profile - Transfermarkt

Old 09-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Forwards:

Joseph-Claude Gyau (Borussia Dortmund II)

Joe was born in Tampa, Florida. Starting as a youth, he played for FC Delco and the Bethesda Runners right here in lovely Maryland. Montgomery County has the distinction of being one of the most affluent counties in the US. The Bethesda soccer club was started in 1979 and focuses on youth development. Joe moved on to play in Germany for Hoffenheim's junior and professional clubs, FC Saint Pauli and for his current club: Borussia Dortmund II.

As an aside, Joe's sister Mia Gyau currently plays for the Bethesda Soccer club. She plays for the USA Women's National under-17 team as well, and has recently won the NSCAA All American team award. I'm including a picture of her Ay que preciosa. And a pic of Joe in his Saint Pauli kit. The name reminds me of Saint Pauli Girl beer.

Mia and JC are not the only soccer stars in the family. Their dad, Philip Gyau was inducted into the Maryland soccer hall of fame in 2008. Philip is from Ghana and he was part of that country's "Golden Generation" of soccer prior to settling in Maryland. This is new to me. Part of the fun of doing these threads is that I'm learning quite a bit about soccer in the US.

Joseph-Claude Gyau - player profile - Transfermarkt
Bethesda Soccer Club > Home
Bethesda Soccer Club > Home
Phillip Gyau watches his son, Joseph, make a name for himself - Baltimore Sun

Jordan Morris
(Stanford)

Jordan was born in Seattle, Washington and is now a sophomore at Stanford University. Even though he is young, he has won many awards, including the US Youth Soccer Golden Ball in 2012. In the same year, he also won the Gatorade-ESPN Washington State Player of the Year, NSCAA Washington State Player of the Year and NSCAA High School All-American award.

Juergs must see something he likes in Jordan's game, because JM is now only the second college student in MLS history to be called up to play for the national team. Jordan was part of the Seattle Sounders youth academy, and part of the USA Men's under-20 team. In spite of this success, he has not gone crazy with tats and wild hair. There's still time. ;D

Coach Juergen says about Jordan:
Going forward, this kid can only get more and more and more, better and better.
He seems to be not too shabby already, so this can only bode well for our team in the future. As an aside, I've also read that Jordan's dad was the sports doctor for the Seattle Sounders. Hopefully his know-how can keep Jordan fit and healthy for all our international contests.

Who is Jordan Morris? College player gets USA call up for friendly | ProSoccerTalk
http://www.soccernation.com/jordan-morris-cms-1710
http://www.gostanford.com/PhotoAlbum...&PALBID=925386

Hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have. I'll complete the introduction to the other two new-to-the-team forwards later.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:46 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times
I would be happy if Shea didn't play for the USMNT anymore. He's super fast, but has no skill. I also wouldn't need to see that rat he wears on his head.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM

Rubio Mendez Rubin (Utrecht)

The deceptively-named Rubio was born in Beaverton, Oregon . He is 18 and currently plays in the Netherlands for FC Utrecht's under-21 squad. Prior to joining the club, he played for Oregon side, the Westside FC as well as the US Men's international under-18 team, where he won Best Player at the Lisbon International tournament in 2013.

In 2012, Rubio was named Young Male Athlete of the Year as a result of his performance on the USA's U-17 national team. He finished the season as one of the top goal scorers.

SoccerAmerica - Rubin named U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year 11/21/2012
Rubio Rubin - player profile - Transfermarkt
U17 MNT forward signs with Netherlands club | Club Soccer | Youth Soccer
SoccerAmerica - Rubin named U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year 11/21/2012

Bobby Shou Wood (1860 Munich)

Last but not least, the last newbie is Bobby Wood. He's not really my type but I think a lot of girls will think he is cute. The eyes and smile are nice. Bobby was born in Honolulu, HI and is now 21. He moved to California with his mom and sister when he was 11, and moved to Deutschland when he was just 14.

Before playing for his current club, TSV 1860 Munich in Gemany, he played for the Irvine Strikers and TSV 1860's youth squads. Bobby also played for the US Olympic Development Program team. It must have been kind of tough for him to move around so much and then go to live in Germany as a young kid, but he seems to have adjusted well.

TSV 1860 München - Spieler
Transfermarkt
Via Germany, Hawaiian Bobby Wood Finds a Home with the U-20 MNT - U.S. Soccer

Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,654,831 times
Oh enough Kinkytoes. You're probably the only person on this board reading these posts for there actual intended purpose. The rest of us would rather talk about the actual sport of football, not the looks and features of the players on the team for a friendly.

Maybe create a fan site, but stop subjecting us to these posts please.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Skeeter31 et al. You have been rude enough. If you don't like the way I choose to enjoy soccer, then get over it. You've just encouraged me to spend more time in the soccer forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or