U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:13 PM

750 posts, read 919,791 times

Advertisements

All I know is that the logo should be perhaps the least of MLS concerns. Although there are some nice league logos out there, the EPL being the one that comes to my mind with its iconic lion, it really does nothing to attract consumers, in this case fans, like the case with some merchandise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 04:54 PM

6,946 posts, read 9,044,841 times
what was the problem with the old logo? It was 100 times better

Old 09-19-2014, 06:23 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,140,928 times
^^^ I agree wholeheartedly with Botev1912. The above logo tells the main point of what the message is about: SOCCER/FOOTBALL. I always considered this logo to be very attractive and a competitive design with that of its rival sport leagues' league logo; MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL. If the MLS NEXT logo was in addition to this one above it would acceptable.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:26 PM

7,550 posts, read 16,385,177 times
^^ Agreed

I guess they want us to be that bit more obscure.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 AM

8,483 posts, read 10,462,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
what was the problem with the old logo? It was 100 times better
I liked the old logo. Lets hope the MLS doesn't get into the habbit of changing the league's logo every 10 years or so. You don't see other sports leagues like the MLB, NFL, etc changing their logos too often. Just stick with it. People need a brand they can recognized. Changing the logo too often will create confusion and is something that a major league sport should try to avoid as much as possible.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:07 PM

750 posts, read 919,791 times
Guess I'm not getting this, but what is really the relevance of the MLS logo? It means nothing under the current circumstances. The main problem of the MLS is that a good portion of the growing population of soccer fans in this country are not actually following the league but rather football elsewhere. They can make the logo the most beautiful thing in the world or the most pathetic, like just the word MLS, still, the main problem of not making progress on recruiting a significant fan base remains.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:51 PM

7,550 posts, read 16,385,177 times
Logo's mean something, the BPL, Bundesliega etc are instantly recogniseable.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,635,306 times
I like the new logo since it's minimalistic and doesn't need to rely on soccer images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I liked the old logo. Lets hope the MLS doesn't get into the habbit of changing the league's logo every 10 years or so. You don't see other sports leagues like the MLB, NFL, etc changing their logos too often. Just stick with it. People need a brand they can recognized. Changing the logo too often will create confusion and is something that a major league sport should try to avoid as much as possible.
Some of the commentators last night were talking about the last time those leagues have changed logos and compared it to the MLS changing the logo. I happened to agree with their consensus that logo change represents a young league creating a distinct image for itself as it moves into the phase of its evolution. Within the next decade, the league is supposed to be competitive with other top leagues.

And I disagree with you about people being confused by it. The MLS fanbase is growing and based on what I'm seeing, the fans who follow the league are really passionate about the sport in general. It's not like the NBA or the NFL where people might tune into a game once or twice a year for the playoffs or superbowl.

Give it a year and I think people will warm up to it.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:40 AM

6,946 posts, read 9,044,841 times
Easy question: which one is the ugliest?

Old 09-21-2014, 04:29 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Easy question: which one is the ugliest?
Honestly, it's the Eredivise that you could call "ugly".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or