Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM

23 posts, read 25,768 times

Advertisements

I recorded every game of the Women's World Cup. I started recording as the players were in the tunnel waiting to come out. I edited out the half time commercials so I could fit the post game show on the DVDs. Here is my collection:

Women's Soccer DVDs

My email address is on the site. If you want DVDs, just contact me there.

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 05:46 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I've never seen Messi or either Ronaldo score from midfield. Just sayin'.
You would never see the likes of Iker Casillas or Tim Howard so badly out of position and misplay a shot from that far out. Just sayin'

Old 07-22-2015, 12:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,958,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You would never see the likes of Iker Casillas or Tim Howard so badly out of position and misplay a shot from that far out. Just sayin'
Not too take away from how good the women's team is, but I definitely think the sun was a factor in a few of those goals. Every time they would show the goalie, she would be squinting or looking up at the sun like it had something to do with it. I would have liked to watch the game in a covered stadium without a glare from the sun for either side. I still think we would have won.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:07 AM

675 posts, read 645,049 times
Watching on TV, the shadows really did make things weird.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:22 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Quote:
I ain't sayin' one way or the other.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Cant take away from that, getting a shot on target from the midfield is hard enough so it was a good goal. But I have seen Beckham, Adams, Rooney, Alonso, Rivaldo, Boyce and Stankovic (im sure there are a bunch more) score from their own half or the half way line.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:33 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Not too take away from how good the women's team is, but I definitely think the sun was a factor in a few of those goals. Every time they would show the goalie, she would be squinting or looking up at the sun like it had something to do with it. I would have liked to watch the game in a covered stadium without a glare from the sun for either side. I still think we would have won.
Not to take anything away either, it was a masterful performance by the US but have you ever seen a goalie not look at the sun, their gloves, their defenders, the AR's with the flag down, the turf, the ball etc like they had something to do with it? It's in the goalie handbook....and I say that as a soccer dad who had a keeper in the brood

Bad enough the games had to be played on artificial turf playing indoors would not have added to the atmosphere, would have detracted further. Soccer should be played outdoors....on grass...

Old 07-22-2015, 03:05 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Bad enough the games had to be played on artificial turf playing indoors would not have added to the atmosphere, would have detracted further. Soccer should be played outdoors....on grass...
Totally agree! There's nothing like a soccer game played on REAL grass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer