U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 12:53 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guawazi View Post
Don't have access to to any channels that are airing the games. Is there a free online stream anywhere?

If you have Fox Sports Go (it's a mobile thing I think) I know they are airing every game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 01:28 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
As for Sunday's games: Luckily Canada/Switzerland is the late game as that is the only game I really care about watching and I have a father's day cookout in the afternoon tomorrow.

France 3-0 over South Korea. I'll nominate Group E (Brazil, Korea, Costa Rica, Spain) as the worst group in the tournament. Group B was close (Germany, Norway, Thailand, Ivory Coast) but at least they had 1 great team, 1 pretty good team, and 2 awful teams instead of 1 great team, and 3 average teams.
Brazil 3-0 over Australia. Brazil women haven't been great in the World Cup, and Australia finished a surprising second in the "group of death" but I don't think Brazil will have much trouble with the Matilda's, I think Brazil's problem will come in the quarterfinals against the Japan/Netherlands winner.
Canada 2 Switzerland 0. Canada won the group, but they didn't look very good doing it. Meanwhile the Swiss put a beatdown on Ecuador for their only non loss in the group stage. Canada has the most pressure playing at home, and with that I think Switzerland can keep it close for a while, but Canada gets one late in the first, and gets the second late in the second off a counter-attack.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:59 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,395,875 times
Well, Brazil is kaput ... as are Group E.
I really like how France is playing. I think they're the team noone wants to play right now.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 AM

1,634 posts, read 3,010,913 times
I've been watching games on Fox Sports. The channel number will depend on your provider. I've been searching "soccer" in the search menu of my service to flip through the games and pick which ones to record. I want to watch the USA games live, but I'm usually at work. Yesterday, I watched Canada vs Switzerland and China vs Cameroon. Cameroon was pretty impressive with their speed and individual skills. I'm not sure how China beat them because China didn't seem to play very well.

USA plays Colombia tonight at 8 pm Eastern time. When we win that one, we play China.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:21 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Well, Brazil is kaput ... as are Group E.
I really like how France is playing. I think they're the team no one wants to play right now.
I expected more from the Brazilian ladies, but the Aussies played an excellent knockout game against them! That was a stunner to me.

The shocker was France's loss against Columbia, of all teams, but they seem to have regained their composure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I've been watching games on Fox Sports. The channel number will depend on your provider. I've been searching "soccer" in the search menu of my service to flip through the games and pick which ones to record. I want to watch the USA games live, but I'm usually at work. Yesterday, I watched Canada vs Switzerland and China vs Cameroon. Cameroon was pretty impressive with their speed and individual skills. I'm not sure how China beat them because China didn't seem to play very well.

USA plays Colombia tonight at 8 pm Eastern time. When we win that one, we play China.
Certainly hope I can get to watch that game!

Old 06-22-2015, 11:05 AM

25,769 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Well, our Canuck girls squeaked past Switzerland and will play the winner of England/Norway. And that's likely going to be the end of their World Cup.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, our Canuck girls squeaked past Switzerland and will play the winner of England/Norway. And that's likely going to be the end of their World Cup.
I'm not as sure about that. Canada should give either England or Norway a good game.

Didn't France lose a game they should've won against Columbia?
And wasn't Brazil ousted by Australia?

So... all things are possible on an actual field of play!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:29 PM

4,691 posts, read 2,541,255 times
We watch every FREE live game we can and are really P'O'd that Fox Sports started off showing the games live on their over-the-air, local station, but then moved almost everything to their pay station. Men's FIFA last year (2014) was always broadcast over the air, if not on the primary station, then at least on UNAVISION Spanish station.
No equal time for women, it seems.

In any case, I hope USA absolutely clobbers China tomorrow (Friday 6/26/15).

And in Germany vs. France, I hope the announcers can agree to pronounce "Le Sommer" correctly.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:00 PM

4,691 posts, read 2,541,255 times
SPOILER BELOW, so if you don't know scores yet, don't read.

Well, Fox is being nice today, both of the Quarterfinals games are being televised on live TV. The Germany France game was spectacular. Germany ultimately won 1-0.

We're watching USA vs. China now, with USA 1-0 so far.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:42 AM

2,735 posts, read 3,267,449 times
It was downright painful to watch France lose to Germany. So close.

I arrived home at the 76 minute mark of the game. France was up 1 goal to 0. My wife was somewhat happy for France given their slim odds against the "German Machine."

I sat next to her and we discussed the apparent win for France. I then recalled and repeated something I heard a WW2 Veteran say ages ago in reference to the French . . . "They don't know how to finish it!"

My wife asked where the saying came from. I went into what I recalled in conversation with the old guy. As I explained, there came the handball against France. From that moment on, I knew the Germans would play like sharks who smell blood. The look on the French players slowly turned from confident to defeated.

To the credit of the French, they took the game all the way to the PK phase.

Maybe I shouldn't have repeated what the old guy said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer