U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:10 AM

3,458 posts, read 4,016,726 times

Advertisements

Panama got CONCACAF'd.

Dont worry folks, Jamaica will take care of Mexico and not allow them to steal another title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 09:50 AM

199 posts, read 206,139 times
We looked like hot garbage last night. Hopefully Jamaica wipes the floor with Mexico so at least we would have lost to the champs.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:48 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,979,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Well last nights result for Mexico wasn't suspicious at all. I would have loved to have seen Panama walk off after the Mexico penalty. Absolutely disgusting to see Mexico helped through the last two games like that. I for one, will not be watching the cheats in the final.
No doubt the early red card was wrong, it should have been a yellow at most.

But the first penalty, when Torres, the Panama #5, fell on the ball and ended up touching, almost cradling it, seemed like a penalty to me. You can't dismiss his extroardinary awkwardness (and possible willful jumping on the ball) as all inadvertant. What am I missing? Note, the game was only on Unimas in Spanish so I don't what was being said.

That said, yes, the Mexican players should be buying lottery tickets for as lucky as they've been in this tourney, time and time again.

Go Jamaica!

Old 07-23-2015, 12:50 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,147,999 times
Quote:
Well last nights result for Mexico wasn't suspicious at all. I would have loved to have seen Panama walk off after the Mexico penalty. Absolutely disgusting to see Mexico helped through the last two games like that. I for one, will not be watching the cheats in the final.

Mexico did not cheat. It wasn't their fault the refs are idiots. I understand very well the absolute hatred Americans have over anything Mexico including soccer but come on. The refs in our region need more training including the assistants. MLS officiating gets bad, too, like last night. As a diehard Real Salt Lake fan we've lost so many matches at the very end due to bonehead calls. If it was the US, Panama, Haiti or any one else that got those questionable calls in their favor their fans would just be shrugging it off and saying oh well but since hated MEX got them it's OH MY GOD. Yes, Mexico has had a mediocre tournament and their star players have not performed well thus far. They have been helped by controversial calls but in no way shape or form did they cheat. All the conspiracy theorists can give it a rest now. The refs blew it BIG TIME.

Like I said before CONCACAF sucks.

Last edited by MountainBiking; 07-23-2015 at 01:08 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 01:09 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,426,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
No doubt the early red card was wrong, it should have been a yellow at most.

But the first penalty, when Torres, the Panama #5, fell on the ball and ended up touching, almost cradling it, seemed like a penalty to me. You can't dismiss his extroardinary awkwardness (and possible willful jumping on the ball) as all inadvertant. What am I missing? Note, the game was only on Unimas in Spanish so I don't what was being said.

That said, yes, the Mexican players should be buying lottery tickets for as lucky as they've been in this tourney, time and time again.

Go Jamaica!
So, here is my point of view: There was a little bit of his upper arm that touched the ball, but it was inadvertent and inconsequential. It was a really bad call that Geiger was right next too.

I believe the real anger here is a build up of questionable or 50/50 calls that have consistently gone for Mexico in the last two games. I think the stat last night was, 4 of Mexico's last 5 goals have been from penalty kicks. How does that even happen?

Old 07-23-2015, 01:24 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,406,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Mexico did not cheat. It wasn't their fault the refs are idiots. I understand very well the absolute hatred Americans have over anything Mexico including soccer but come on. The refs in our region need more training including the assistants. MLS officiating gets bad, too, like last night. As a diehard Real Salt Lake fan we've lost so many matches at the very end due to bonehead calls. If it was the US, Panama, Haiti or any one else that got those questionable calls in their favor their fans would just be shrugging it off and saying oh well but since hated MEX got them it's OH MY GOD. Yes, Mexico has had a mediocre tournament and their star players have not performed well thus far. They have been helped by controversial calls but in no way shape or form did they cheat. All the conspiracy theorists can give it a rest now. The refs blew it BIG TIME.

Like I said before CONCACAF sucks.
Mexico always cheats. They embellish everything and are dirty players.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:47 PM

2,423 posts, read 3,147,999 times
Quote:
Mexico always cheats. They embellish everything and are dirty players.
Embellish? Listen to this guy. Since you know as a fact that Mexico cheats why don't you name at least 5 situations in which they cheated in the past? Mexico got lucky on U.S. soil and the U.S. got punked in the tournament so now Mexico cheats and their players are dirty. Let me see, they tackle too aggressive and are always breaking opponents' legs and arms and opponent players are constantly getting concussions. Um. OK.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:40 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,406,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Embellish? Listen to this guy. Since you know as a fact that Mexico cheats why don't you name at least 5 situations in which they cheated in the past? Mexico got lucky on U.S. soil and the U.S. got punked in the tournament so now Mexico cheats and their players are dirty. Let me see, they tackle too aggressive and are always breaking opponents' legs and arms and opponent players are constantly getting concussions. Um. OK.
If you dont see it I am pretty sure talking to you would be like talking to a brick wall. I know literally you and two other people who think that Mexico won that tournament legitimately.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:42 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,448,200 times
The only thing certain is that the officiating was bad, anything else is pure assumptions and conspiracy. Once a call has been made in your favor it can't be reversed, you just have to keep playing. Most teams have been at both ends of bad calls (Mexico lost the last World Cup with a bad call against them) and the opposing team is never considerate and forfeits the game in protest. The Show Must Go On.

The only thing that can be done is to pressure FIFA to allow replays and take back bad calls so it won't happen again. You can't expect players not to continue playing, coaches not to continue coaching, or the world to come to a halt.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 AM

983 posts, read 1,368,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
The only thing certain is that the officiating was bad, anything else is pure assumptions and conspiracy. Once a call has been made in your favor it can't be reversed, you just have to keep playing. Most teams have been at both ends of bad calls (Mexico lost the last World Cup with a bad call against them) and the opposing team is never considerate and forfeits the game in protest. The Show Must Go On.
Exactly. It's part of the football contract. 11 players per team, and three other guys who CAN mess up. No one walks in not knowing that.

About the final, it was the only match in which Mexico played at least half-decent football, and was more than enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or