U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 04:50 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,639,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
As an Arsenal fan, I fear Tottenham winning the Premiership.aaagh
As a Chelsea fan.....I agree! I hope Leicester do it, I saw their game on Saturday and they were absolutely top draw, they could have even won by more! It just goes to show that money isn't the be all and end all when it comes to football (yeah I know it helps). Leicester are just such a solid team, their work rate is outstanding and their understanding between themselves is superb. This is why the Premier League is the worlds best league without necessarily having the worlds best teams, it is so entertaining and such a rollercoaster ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 07:02 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,705,518 times
Re: ' Leicester are just such a solid team, their work rate is outstanding and their understanding between themselves is superb. This is why the Premier League is the worlds best league without necessarily having the worlds best teams, it is so entertaining and such a rollercoaster ride'

You know I am pretty impressed watching Leicester. If they have a weakness it tends to be hidden very well. They are really very organized out there. When teams are like Leicester well they're hard to beat. Simply firing on all cylinders. Man-management appears to be excellent. Good exciting team to watch on his they play their football. I'm sure some of us here would like some of their 'magic'. And it's nice to have a clutch scorer! ...;-)....

Old 02-11-2016, 01:34 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,391,198 times
Cant wait to see all the Leicester fans crawl out of the woodwork if they win the league =)

Old 02-11-2016, 02:53 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
As an Arsenal fan, I fear Tottenham winning the Premiership.aaagh
you know, a lot of people think it's down to Leister and Tottenham, and I think they may be right. Arsenal are stagnant.

really time for a new manager.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:14 AM

645 posts, read 611,047 times
If you guys win this year, he might step down.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:50 AM

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow between Wenger and Ranieri. Arsenal's got a great chance there.

Just something I noticed these days with some clubs. A bit of frustration of winning silverware
at the very top. We know who they are..;-)...And money either being spent on players or hanging about in the coffers unspent. No doubt driving supporters (especially locals!) crazy. The EPL has a great league. Question is is this just a one shot thing which will fizzle out uor does it manifest deeper issues in football and the league.

Regarding Wenger, I am not too sure we at this time could see a mgr having what over 15 or more years managing. Has to be beyond the pale to think of it. With the way some supporters want victories right away after mgrs change a mgrs luce st the club now is almost day by day. This is a much different time of managing a football club as it was in those 'calmer' days way back. It's almost an impossible job dealing with so many constituents wanting your head when you lose a game. But hey I know why they'd want it. The money's good... but you can also lose body things like an appendix ...;-)..

Old 02-14-2016, 02:23 AM

14,255 posts, read 14,142,854 times
Reading your post above travic, after yet another dire performance from Man Utd, I guess the knives will be out again for the hapless Van Gaal.

I have sympathy for the way managers are treated by the press, but sadly that is part and parcel of the job these days.

However van Gaal has no idea how to handle the British press.

I'd have more sympathy for him if he got off his arse and showed even a bit of emotion during a match, instead of warming his bum in the stands whilst holding a clip board.

At least he wasn't standing in the rain holding a brolly like someone we could mention- wonder how long McClaren will last at Newcastle?

Edit;

It's a big one today, starting in just over an hour, Arsenal vs Leicester.

Last edited by Jezer; 02-14-2016 at 03:38 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 07:08 AM

^^^^^
Van Gaal.....agree on his handling of press. I have watched him and lately he looks like a fellow beleaguered. The criticism appears to really make him sort of disagreeable. You can see how he shows his distaste for their questions. I know he's got a tough job after Sir Alex. But Manu is his responsibility now. He's got to go with the flow and do his best with what he's got.
His attitude may have to change if he expects to manage Manu well.

McClaren: you could see he had enough in the first few minutes walking out

Heartbreak for Leicester! Got to watch those fouls. North London would vote now for Wellbeck as PM...;-).

Old 02-14-2016, 11:30 AM

14,255 posts, read 14,142,854 times
What the heck was Wellbeck doing scoring a goal?

He couldn't score for Man Utd even when they were a good team.

I feel so sorry for Leicester.

In the other big match Spurs have beaten Man City away.

It's tight at the top!

At the other end Aston Villa have given up in a big way and got totally stuffed by Liverpool.

So who will be the other two to join them?

Old 02-14-2016, 03:15 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
What the heck was Wellbeck doing scoring a goal?

He couldn't score for Man Utd even when they were a good team.

I feel so sorry for Leicester.

In the other big match Spurs have beaten Man City away.

It's tight at the top!

At the other end Aston Villa have given up in a big way and got totally stuffed by Liverpool.

So who will be the other two to join them?
what's Wellbeck doing playing?

he's spent more time on the training table since joining Arsenal than all his time at ManUtd!!!

finally back and he scores, heartbreak for Leister though.

very interesting at the top. and the North London Derby to come early March.

I wonder if it won't be Newcastle and Sunderland? wouldn't that be strange. No Tyneside derby in the PL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer