U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 02:26 PM

1,068 posts, read 736,951 times

Advertisements

What a game today , Estee, I think Vardy was naive with that foot, Spurs are up next, as for bloody Arsenal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:31 AM

7,817 posts, read 6,642,259 times
Pressure is starting to get to Leicester, I have a feeling Spurs can 'smell blood', if Tottenham win the league I am off to join a monastery in Outer Mongolia.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:44 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,972,218 times
I swear I'm no bandwaggoneer and I've been loving Spur's play this year. Now just 5 pts back with 12 pts available left, watch out Leicester, here we come!

They've been playing the beautiful game almost every week. Dele Alli is our Muller, quick direct brain, tough on the opponent in every way. The great dane Eriksen is a genius passer, one touch, no delay, perfection. Harry Kane scores all types of goals, but he helps the team even when he isn't scoring. Toby Alderweireld was the catalyst in back, his acquisition was the biggest reason for the improved defense (best in EPL). And of course Lloris is among the world's best keepers. Improvement from Lamela, Dier, Dembele and Chadli has been big too.

Loving this club especially this year, starting to forget the Bale, Assou-Ekotto years.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:06 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,703,358 times
I have been a Tottenham fan since 2007-2008, they were the first team I loved and have been for almost a decade now although we have had Bale years, Van dear Vaart years and Modric this is the first time as a collective team we are doing amazing and don't have one shining star. I hope we win with us having the best offense and defense in the league in terms of goal scoring, and this causing us to have the highest goal difference, the only thing depersonalize Leicester from us is they win more than we tie but we both have had a season were losing was rare. Last 12 games have been 9 wins, 2 ties and one loss, this is spectacular form for us keep it up Spurs!

Old 04-26-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I have been a Tottenham fan since 2007-2008, they were the first team I loved and have been for almost a decade now although we have had Bale years, Van dear Vaart years and Modric this is the first time as a collective team we are doing amazing and don't have one shining star. I hope we win with us having the best offense and defense in the league in terms of goal scoring, and this causing us to have the highest goal difference, the only thing depersonalize Leicester from us is they win more than we tie but we both have had a season were losing was rare. Last 12 games have been 9 wins, 2 ties and one loss, this is spectacular form for us keep it up Spurs!
Ahh another US Spurs fan. Yesterday's 1-1 draw home vs West Brom may be fatal. They hit the woodwork at least 3 times and were unlucky not to win. Kane was taken completely out of the game, props to Olsson the CB especially. Still a chance though.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Ahh another US Spurs fan. Yesterday's 1-1 draw home vs West Brom may be fatal. They hit the woodwork at least 3 times and were unlucky not to win. Kane was taken completely out of the game, props to Olsson the CB especially. Still a chance though.
I don't think he is from the US? It will be difficult for the Spuds now, if Leicester lose at United it would be nice to see Chelsea finish off Spurs, it would give me one thing to shout about in this season from hell!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I don't think he is from the US? It will be difficult for the Spuds now, if Leicester lose at United it would be nice to see Chelsea finish off Spurs, it would give me one thing to shout about in this season from hell!
His location says Texas, maybe he was born in Nigeria or Kansas City, whatever, he supports a great club. So Chelsea? Surely there's another London club you hate more than Spurs? I think I chose Spurs a decade ago because they were big enough to attract top talent but not too big to have their thumbs on the scales like Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, or um Chelsea.

Oh well, you guys will probably be back with a vengeance next season. Should be an interesting off-season, can hardly imagine them without John Terry (to Turkey?).

And Chelsea plays spoiler for both Spurs and Leicester (perhaps).

Old 04-26-2016, 10:09 PM

645 posts, read 611,220 times
Haha... spuds blew it. United will beat Leicester. So the title will be decided next week.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
His location says Texas, maybe he was born in Nigeria or Kansas City, whatever, he supports a great club. So Chelsea? Surely there's another London club you hate more than Spurs? I think I chose Spurs a decade ago because they were big enough to attract top talent but not too big to have their thumbs on the scales like Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, or um Chelsea.

Oh well, you guys will probably be back with a vengeance next season. Should be an interesting off-season, can hardly imagine them without John Terry (to Turkey?).

And Chelsea plays spoiler for both Spurs and Leicester (perhaps).

If you are a Chelsea supporter there is no other club on the planet you dislike more than Spurs! Obviously there is no love lost between any club that shares your city with your club, in the UK there are these 'traditional' rivalries that seem set in stone. Usually its your closest rival you dislike the most but there are so many clubs in London (14) that rivalries are not quite so simple :-). Spurs dislike Arsenal (their closest rivals) far more than Chelsea (though again they are not keen on my team either!), as ag general rule everybody hates Chelsea! but perhaps nobody moreso than QPR. Funnily enough my best friend supports Spurs!

Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
If you are a Chelsea supporter there is no other club on the planet you dislike more than Spurs! Obviously there is no love lost between any club that shares your city with your club, in the UK there are these 'traditional' rivalries that seem set in stone. Usually its your closest rival you dislike the most but there are so many clubs in London (14) that rivalries are not quite so simple :-). Spurs dislike Arsenal (their closest rivals) far more than Chelsea (though again they are not keen on my team either!), as ag general rule everybody hates Chelsea! but perhaps nobody moreso than QPR. Funnily enough my best friend supports Spurs!
But Tottenham is on the opposite side of the city. I could see Arsenal being hated because of their success, maybe even an opposite style of play (tiki taka) to Chelsea's more physical and direct approach. Or maybe it goes back to pure fandom (not necessarily hooliganism)... but then you'd probably hate West Ham more.

I feel like Spurs have been an all-around non-threatening team prone to playing attractive football but failing to win much except for some FA Cups. Plus they are more likely to field good local (English) players unlike Arsenal. All I'm saying is give Spurs a chance. (or not)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer