Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,216 times

Advertisements

This is the greatest rivalry in North American professional sports. Nothing even comes close. Two teams and fans that have true hatred for one another Anybody gonna watch this?? If not, you should definately tune in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,039 times
I am going to be watching this game and the UNC vs. Duke game on a split screen. You are right, this is a very good rivalry between the US and Mexico. Are both teams playing their A team? Is Reyna back?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:23 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
I'll be watching the "paint drying channel"....

Old 02-06-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am going to be watching this game and the UNC vs. Duke game on a split screen. You are right, this is a very good rivalry between the US and Mexico. Are both teams playing their A team? Is Reyna back?
I know the United States will be shipping 12 players from across the atlantic.
here is the roster, Greensboro..

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton, England)
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham, England), Ramiro Corrales (Brann, Norway), Drew Moor (Dallas), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege, Belgium), Michael Parkhurst (New England), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock, Germany), Eddie Robinson (Houston)
Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Benfica, Portugal), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen, Netherlands), Ricardo Clark (Houston), Bobby Convey (Reading, England), Brian Davis (Houston), Maurice Edu (Toronto), Benny Feilhaber (Derby, England), Stuart Holden (Houston), Eddie Lewis (Derby, England)
Forwards: Jozy Altidore (New York), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Pat Noonan (Aalesund, Norway)

Old 02-06-2008, 09:39 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I'll be watching the "paint drying channel"....
If it's between soccer and the paint drying channel, I'll be right there with ya storm.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham, England), Ramiro Corrales (Brann, Norway), Drew Moor (Dallas), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege, Belgium), Michael Parkhurst (New England), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock, Germany), Eddie Robinson (Houston)
Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Benfica, Portugal), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen, Netherlands), Ricardo Clark (Houston), Bobby Convey (Reading, England), Brian Davis (Houston), Maurice Edu (Toronto), Benny Feilhaber (Derby, England), Stuart Holden (Houston), Eddie Lewis (Derby, England)
Forwards: Jozy Altidore (New York), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Pat Noonan (Aalesund, Norway)
That's a great lineup, I wonder if they're going to play a 4-4-2 with Adu playing more offensively. I wonder how playing in Portugal has improved his skills, especially defensively.

Thanks for the roster!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 9,588 times
Default say what.

Quote:

so the United State's goalie is someone from the Chivas USA team? hmm..thats a bit ironic, considering Chivas is also a mexican team....im not liking this.lol.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,588 times
Quote:
This is the greatest rivalry in North American professional sports. Nothing even comes close. Two teams and fans that have true hatred for one another Anybody gonna watch this?? If not, you should definately tune in.
i am definitely watching this.only because i want to see Mexico win for the first time in 9384934 years, lmao.im really hoping they win.they really deserve.but i guess im only saying this because i am mexican, haha.but if the U.S. wins i won't mind.i mean i guess they're just stronger players then.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayra_angelxx View Post
so the United State's goalie is someone from the Chivas USA team? hmm..thats a bit ironic, considering Chivas is also a mexican team....im not liking this.lol.
Yes, but the LA Chivas team. It would realy be strange if it was the Guadalajara Chivas team.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM

14 posts, read 50,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
That's a great lineup, I wonder if they're going to play a 4-4-2 with Adu playing more offensively. I wonder how playing in Portugal has improved his skills, especially defensively.

Thanks for the roster!
adu plays like ****. he is on loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer