Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:36 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,974,788 times

Advertisements

I want England to win. I'm also rooting for France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:44 PM

469 posts, read 574,373 times
I'll be rooting for Iceland, Albania, Northern Ireland, and Wales. A lot of minnows earned their way to swim with the big fish this time around and I wish 'em the best.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:47 PM

469 posts, read 574,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Iceland and Austria ahead of Portugal? Are you sure you're not mixing ice hockey with football??
Portugal should win that group easily based on talent, granted some of their players don't throw temper tantrums/lose their cool like Pepe did in the WC, or Bruno Alves did recently against England. Are either of them actually Portuguese? They both look like Brazilians to me, the former is one of the most overrated players in the world IMO. I've not seen anything from Pepe on an intentional level tat makes him special.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,102,443 times
The big problem is Roy Hodgson, though a decent man, he still plays players out of position,( to accommodate Rooney) and hasn`t decided his best team. It is obvious Kane is the main striker with Vardy behind ( not wide), he has wide players in sterling. Also, I wouldn't have taken Wilshere ( pub player) and very over-rated. Barkley and Stones also should have played non stop since last year ( though Martinez takes a lot of blame for not developing a team at Everton). Obviously I want England, ( sorry Bernie, Star 101, not Wales, Eire and NI- if we don`t do well hope you don`t though I love those countries)
It will be Spain, Portugal, Germany, though Wales will do well

Old 06-10-2016, 01:03 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,041,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I'll be rooting for Iceland, Albania, Northern Ireland, and Wales. A lot of minnows earned their way to swim with the big fish this time around and I wish 'em the best.
Thanks - we need all the support we can get! I'm just glad we are able to take part in it. I have no delusions that we will actually win!

Old 06-10-2016, 01:08 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,041,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
The big problem is Roy Hodgson, though a decent man, he still plays players out of position,( to accommodate Rooney) and hasn`t decided his best team. It is obvious Kane is the main striker with Vardy behind ( not wide), he has wide players in sterling. Also, I wouldn't have taken Wilshere ( pub player) and very over-rated. Barkley and Stones also should have played non stop since last year ( though Martinez takes a lot of blame for not developing a team at Everton). Obviously I want England, ( sorry Bernie, Star 101, not Wales, Eire and NI- if we don`t do well hope you don`t though I love those countries)
It will be Spain, Portugal, Germany, though Wales will do well
Lol! Cheers Dan! Not going to support the other home nations then, if England go out?

I must admit, I'll find it hard to support England, if Wales go out. I'm still in 'rugby mode' you see, where we're not allowed to support England (our rivals)!

Old 06-10-2016, 01:10 PM

7,868 posts, read 10,259,400 times
hard to know who will win this one , spain are certainly weaker than last time round , i think it will be between spain , germany , portugal or france , england always have the talent but can never get it together and hodgson is not the most inspiring of men

il be shouting for both irelands , doubt either gets out of their group though

Old 06-10-2016, 06:56 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,673,882 times
England played very well recently against Germany because Rooney was on the Bench and Vardy, Kane took the command. I fear that Roy Hodgson will accomodate Rooney somehow and then Results will not be as good as we think. Leave Rooney on bench. Give new players their chance to shine.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:23 AM

16,615 posts, read 17,371,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
England played very well recently against Germany because Rooney was on the Bench and Vardy, Kane took the command. I fear that Roy Hodgson will accomodate Rooney somehow and then Results will not be as good as we think. Leave Rooney on bench. Give new players their chance to shine.

Russia tonight. Not sure I can bear to watch.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:45 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,102,443 times
With no Scotland it`s left for England to self-destruct. Is it a Scots-English thing, why can`t we be more rigid like the Germans? It is time for Rooney to fly home and, as Munna concurred, play the youth ( who should have been a slick unit by now). Also, not surprised Roy is the highest paid manager, by a mile, from some. Why do we reward mediocrity, we should be more like America on that front. There are drinks, crisps, peanuts on the table this year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer