U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 12:20 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,953,866 times

Advertisements

**FELICIDADES CHILE! They beat Argentina! The announcer went TOTALLY overboard rubbing this in to Messi saying he can win all the goals he wants with Barcelona (his Spanish team), but if he did not win with Maradona’s jersey, the Argentinians will never forgive him.

(Straight men, look away) The comment makes me think of the kiss between Maradona and Caniggia! They were a cute couple . Hmm YT took that clip down, so here they are in another one having the love fest after beating Nigeria in the 1994 FWC (kiss, hug, "oh you play so well", head pat etc.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhMaI8kXbgM

The Chile team looks fierce and they were on FIRE to match the red hot kits. If anybody knows who the announcers are, please post their info. Highlights are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5U4qdpC7k

Below is an article about Eduardo Vargas getting the golden boot. It later shows which players got the most goals in the tournament. Chile's Eduardo Vargas made 6 goals, Messi was second with 5 and so forth:
Tabla de goleadores Copa América Centenario: Eduardo Vargas se lleva la Bota de Oro | La Opinión
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,364,158 times
I'm glad Chile won again but I heard the match was dreadful. If Messi's penalty miss is the highlight (especially since it wasn't the miss that secured the loss) it seems to be the case.

I went to the 3rd place match. USA failed on three nice attempts and the referees were terrible but I had fun.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:43 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,953,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'm glad Chile won again but I heard the match was dreadful. If Messi's penalty miss is the highlight (especially since it wasn't the miss that secured the loss) it seems to be the case.

I went to the 3rd place match. USA failed on three nice attempts and the referees were terrible but I had fun.
Wow tell me all about it! I've been too busy with housework to pay as much attention as I'd like to the games. Any game where Argentina loses is a good game! ;D actually there is a video of part of the game on the YT and it looked pretty exciting. There were a lot of attempts on goal that seemed pretty exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or