U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2018, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,646 posts, read 801,960 times
Reputation: 744

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
^Theyre friendlies so its very hard to judge. The US takes friendlies way more seriously than the likes of Brazil, Italy and England would. Nothing has really changed so you can presume theyre still crap.
Wow! Ok I don't know how inaccurate you are with this post don't get me even started

They only take(I am not American) their rivalry games the most serious. And what point does it serve to "hyperbole" their patriotism over national friendlies when you're calling the team "crap still"?

At least the US can take a loss and grow a pair of balls. They are probably one of the most fair-playing teams in the WC.

Meanwhile other national teams try to act like a bunch of whiny babies and defend their most vulnerable and stupid of actions....


What about when France was out of the 2010 tournament when everyone was considering literal suicide?

What about when Rooney stepped in Ronaldo's balls in the 2006 tournament?

What about when Peru needed a handball to win against Brazil?


What about when Fred dived against Croatia in the 2014 WC opening game?

I am not saying the US is a wonder in soccer/football or if we want to take politics into account as that's a low-key reason for why people literally seem to always bash the national team, then yeah the US has bombed plenty of countries, but lets not act like other countries are off on this too!


At the end of the day the US is no less ordinary than the likes of Italy, Netherlands, Mexico, Portugal, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2018, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,646 posts, read 801,960 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I guess it did save us the embarrassment.
Well I mean who would have been in the WC roster anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2018, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,397,409 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Wow! Ok I don't know how inaccurate you are with this post don't get me even started

They only take(I am not American) their rivalry games the most serious. And what point does it serve to "hyperbole" their patriotism over national friendlies when you're calling the team "crap still"?

At least the US can take a loss and grow a pair of balls. They are probably one of the most fair-playing teams in the WC.

Meanwhile other national teams try to act like a bunch of whiny babies and defend their most vulnerable and stupid of actions....


What about when France was out of the 2010 tournament when everyone was considering literal suicide?

What about when Rooney stepped in Ronaldo's balls in the 2006 tournament?

What about when Peru needed a handball to win against Brazil?


What about when Fred dived against Croatia in the 2014 WC opening game?

I am not saying the US is a wonder in soccer/football or if we want to take politics into account as that's a low-key reason for why people literally seem to always bash the national team, then yeah the US has bombed plenty of countries, but lets not act like other countries are off on this too!


At the end of the day the US is no less ordinary than the likes of Italy, Netherlands, Mexico, Portugal, etc
I can make no sense of what you are trying to say.

My point stands, nobody really cares about a friendly game. The US takes them more seriously than European teams do, and nothing has changed in US football so yes you can take that they are as crap as they were during qualification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2018, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,646 posts, read 801,960 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH;53173091[B
I can make no sense of what you are trying to say[/b]

My point stands, nobody really cares about a friendly game. The US takes them more seriously than European teams do, and nothing has changed in US football so yes you can take that they are as crap as they were during qualification.
You say that, yet you responded with the same recycled post, where's your evidence on this? Let me guess, some edgy YT user going all nuts on a comment section?

And implying that Americans give a **** about soccer to begin with, wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,397,409 times
Reputation: 5087
Ive literally no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,646 posts, read 801,960 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Ive literally no idea what you are talking about.
Ok, imma just ask this one question, what's your evidence as to Americans taking national friendlies seriously? Maybe they take them seriously in a pretentious because they know they will get **** all over, even though they give no ****s about a sport that's struggling to grow.

Look, I am not trying to blindly defend the US here, I think the team can have its criticism, but there's no need to attack the US on every given opportunity, you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2018, 06:21 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,397,409 times
Reputation: 5087
Whats my evidence that they take them seriously ? Have you seen how hyped up they get about it ? Have you heard about they talk about that time they beat Germany .. in a Friendly .... They absolutely take it seriously because its the only time they really play good teams outside of the WC and whatnot. Otherwise for qualification they play teams that are pretty poor.

I dont attack them at every given opportunity but you have to admit what they are. Theyre a poor team, US soccer in general is poor. I am from Ireland and rate us as average to good at best. I dont see things through rose tinted glass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top