U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 AM
 
Location: North East England
304 posts, read 151,035 times
Reputation: 381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Man , I know that situation in England improved greatly , when it comes to safety . But there were plenty incidents involving english fans abroad in this century and the 80s are long gone . As I said booing and stomping on flags is very provocative and rude . I realize that this is probably minority but it gets stuck in memory . I watch also boxing and they even booed american anthem when Joshua won his first title .


Boxing sometimes attracts a lot of trouble.The fight Joshua just won in Cardiff involved a lot of fights due to boxers on the undercard. Some years ago a boxer called Billy McCracken from Birmingham was followed by all the Birmingham city hooligans,which to some extent wrecked his career.

 
Old 11-15-2017, 10:51 AM
 
Location: North East England
304 posts, read 151,035 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No fences to cage people in at English games, no police with dogs, no water cannon or tear gas & yet we are to believe its all the English fault that tournaments are dogged by bad behaviour right? You should get out of the 1980's and 'open your eyes' a bit, then you might see the truth of it.
Very true though if you go to certain games they have the dogs outside.Up here the Newcastle/Sunderland derby always has dogs and horses.

And heres one fans reaction to them


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odB95o5rowg
 
Old 11-15-2017, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Preussen
218 posts, read 82,069 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Boxing sometimes attracts a lot of trouble.The fight Joshua just won in Cardiff involved a lot of fights due to boxers on the undercard. Some years ago a boxer called Billy McCracken from Birmingham was followed by all the Birmingham city hooligans,which to some extent wrecked his career.
I actually thought that club hooliganism is almost non-existent now in England due to extremely big consequences like life ban from matches or jail time , and that is why there are sometimes troubles with english fans abroad , because that is the only time where they can kind of loosen up a little bit .
 
Old 11-15-2017, 12:32 PM
 
2,739 posts, read 3,272,944 times
Reputation: 4106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
I cant tell you how delighted i was at this result.A bit of a surprise but ive never liked the Italian national team.
Can't speak for others but, I'm glad Sweden won. Why? Because I like to see countries with little to no chance of winning get into the WC. I'm rather tired of seeing "The Usual Suspects (i.e., Germany, France, Italy, etc.)" win the WC. Hoping for the day when a country in the likes Cameroon, Trinidad & Tobago, etc. take the grand prize. Love it when unexpected underdogs win.
 
Old 11-16-2017, 01:51 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,832 posts, read 6,650,855 times
Reputation: 5341
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Man , I know that situation in England improved greatly , when it comes to safety . But there were plenty incidents involving english fans abroad in this century and the 80s are long gone . As I said booing and stomping on flags is very provocative and rude . I realize that this is probably minority but it gets stuck in memory . I watch also boxing and they even booed american anthem when Joshua won his first title .
The English are NOT the ones 'booing' national anthems, perhaps you should take a look at the National Anthems at the English games last week at Wembley and then compare it to the National Anthems at the Italian / Sweden game last week to see that you are completely WRONG here, go back, compare and then get back to us. In fact its not just when the National Anthems are sung either, you will find that in Europe 'fans' will whistle even when the opposition just has the ball! Doesn't happen in England. Also in a lot of Europe fans still have to be caged in to stop them attacking each other, also in a lot of Europe there is still police with riot gear and dogs and tear gas that need to attend the games, all in all England must be just about the safest place to go and watch a game. Like I said your statement is all about very in-accurate stereotyping, perhaps if it was 1984 there would be some truth to what you say.
 
Old 11-16-2017, 01:56 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,832 posts, read 6,650,855 times
Reputation: 5341
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
I actually thought that club hooliganism is almost non-existent now in England due to extremely big consequences like life ban from matches or jail time , and that is why there are sometimes troubles with english fans abroad , because that is the only time where they can kind of loosen up a little bit .
No wrong again, fans that have been subjected to life bans are also banned from ALL England games. There is trouble with English fans abroad because in 'parts' or Europe (usually Eastern Europe) people still think its 1984 and still think that the English are 'hooligans' (your posts are perfect examples) and will therefor make a point of attacking the English - our Russian 'friends' are a good example, the attacked the English because they thought they were attacking hooligans (the Russians seem to think its still 1984), they were in fact just attacking fans of the game. Give it another 20 years and perhaps even in Russia they would have 'caught up' with the 21st Century.
 
Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Preussen
218 posts, read 82,069 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The English are NOT the ones 'booing' national anthems, perhaps you should take a look at the National Anthems at the English games last week at Wembley and then compare it to the National Anthems at the Italian / Sweden game last week to see that you are completely WRONG here, go back, compare and then get back to us. In fact its not just when the National Anthems are sung either, you will find that in Europe 'fans' will whistle even when the opposition just has the ball! Doesn't happen in England. Also in a lot of Europe fans still have to be caged in to stop them attacking each other, also in a lot of Europe there is still police with riot gear and dogs and tear gas that need to attend the games, all in all England must be just about the safest place to go and watch a game. Like I said your statement is all about very in-accurate stereotyping, perhaps if it was 1984 there would be some truth to what you say.
Then what is it ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-B7qGrQgo

And this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TARIQ3bqr3Y American anthem is after 10 minute , I think . And lol to you saying that they don't boo at opposition , look how they booed Martin .

And this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyYuYPjUbzU

What was in 2000 euro long after 80s ? In 2006 world cup long after 80s ? It is always opposition who is bad , never England according to you .
 
Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 PM
 
Location: SE UK
7,832 posts, read 6,650,855 times
Reputation: 5341
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Then what is it ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-B7qGrQgo

And this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TARIQ3bqr3Y American anthem is after 10 minute , I think . And lol to you saying that they don't boo at opposition , look how they booed Martin .

And this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyYuYPjUbzU

What was in 2000 euro long after 80s ? In 2006 world cup long after 80s ? It is always opposition who is bad , never England according to you .
Have you watched what happened in Italy or not? I suggest you go have a look, like I said, you can go to a game in England, mix with the away fans outside, sit in the stadium, NO fences, NO police with dogs, NO water canon, NO tear gas, this is NOT the case in a lot of other football stadiums in Europe.......and yet according to you the 'English' fans are the worst!!!? Perhaps you should actually do some research before wildly claiming something as a fact when in reality its just a ridiculous stereotype. Better still try seeing for yourself.
 
Old 11-16-2017, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Preussen
218 posts, read 82,069 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Have you watched what happened in Italy or not? I suggest you go have a look, like I said, you can go to a game in England, mix with the away fans outside, sit in the stadium, NO fences, NO police with dogs, NO water canon, NO tear gas, this is NOT the case in a lot of other football stadiums in Europe.......and yet according to you the 'English' fans are the worst!!!? Perhaps you should actually do some research before wildly claiming something as a fact when in reality its just a ridiculous stereotype. Better still try seeing for yourself.
Yes , and I believe that I had written even before you wrote it , that I also can't stand Italy for booing anthems , they booed french anthem , swedish anthem , and german anthem . I believe that I have never said that the english fans are the worst , I just said , that I can't stand their arrogance and behaviour , it does not have to be fighting and beating people (Which they did anyway in 2000 and 2006 long after 80s ) . I can't stand them booing anthems , stomping on other nations flags . I can't stand them making their retarted argument , first world war , second world war , 1 world cup , when talking on internet with german fans and running out of arguments . What the hell do two world wars have to do with football ? They remind me of polish fans , always bringing war , when talking about football with Germans . I have nothing against talking about war , but dont bring war into everything .

I did a research and showed you that english fans do boo anthems (which you claimed that they don't do) , showed you that they stomp on flag , I can show you english fans fighting (but then you will say , it was russians fault , that they took english normal fans for hooligans (how could they not see a difference between some overweight or scrawny or normal looking english fans and hooligans ? ) Maybe they just saw some englishman doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Gj_VAkJSA or many englishmen doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_BSt8N6vg It still does not excuse beating innocent people though .

Please get real .
 
Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,832 posts, read 6,650,855 times
Reputation: 5341
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Yes , and I believe that I had written even before you wrote it , that I also can't stand Italy for booing anthems , they booed french anthem , swedish anthem , and german anthem . I believe that I have never said that the english fans are the worst , I just said , that I can't stand their arrogance and behaviour , it does not have to be fighting and beating people (Which they did anyway in 2000 and 2006 long after 80s ) . I can't stand them booing anthems , stomping on other nations flags . I can't stand them making their retarted argument , first world war , second world war , 1 world cup , when talking on internet with german fans and running out of arguments . What the hell do two world wars have to do with football ? They remind me of polish fans , always bringing war , when talking about football with Germans . I have nothing against talking about war , but dont bring war into everything .

I did a research and showed you that english fans do boo anthems (which you claimed that they don't do) , showed you that they stomp on flag , I can show you english fans fighting (but then you will say , it was russians fault , that they took english normal fans for hooligans (how could they not see a difference between some overweight or scrawny or normal looking english fans and hooligans ? ) Maybe they just saw some englishman doing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Gj_VAkJSA or many englishmen doing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR_BSt8N6vg It still does not excuse beating innocent people though .

Please get real .
I am being 'real' you claim you can't stand them because of their 'behaviour' and yet they are better behaved than a majority of 'other' European football 'fans', it seems to me that the problem is not English football fans behaviour but your bias towards the English. Also the FACT is the English ban ANY fans FOR LIFE that cause hooliganism, the Russians? They seemed to encourage it!


Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after Marseilles violence | The Independent


Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after Marseilles violence | The Independent


Your comment about overweight/scrawny fans and seeing a 'difference' between fans and hooligans is ridiculous - hooligans don't look any different to 'other' people!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top