U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 07:30 AM

220 posts, read 83,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
How can we have 'hidden behind the big boys' when we owned 1/4 of the world? Volleyball bigger than Rugby in France? They get 80'000 people watching Rugby, how many watch 'handball' or 'volleyball' there (or anywhere for that matter!), you keep mentioning football but seem to conveniently forget that football is British, it is just one of many of our gifts to the world, Beethoven, Schuman (never heard of him) Brahms lol, have you contributed anything (apart from world wars) within the last 100 years? You know since Germany was invented? lol As for 'pop' culture perhaps you should take a look at this:-
I I gave you a list of german discoveries , just by discovering car and petrol engines the most life changing invention in the history , we make you look like a joke . And that is just one thing . Stop with this rugby bull**** . Rugby is just colonial sport . Thats it . Volleyball and handball are played in sports hall . It can't gather that much people . lol . Rugby is dominated by tiny country of New Zealand , and you call it a serious sport ?. Lol . You think that if France , Italy , Brazil , Germany , and other powerhouses took this sport seriously , that that would be a case ? Volleyball , basketball , football , these are global sports played around the whole world . Handball is played in whole europe . Rugby is just colonial game , noone takes it seriously besides like 3 countries lol . Go ask any italian or french , and they will tell you that volleyball is much more popular than rugby and these teams are more succesfull . You are typical brainwashed british . You never heard of handball , you never heard of Schumann ? And you talk about music ? LOL . Just with one Beethoven Germany is classes above than you when it comes to music . And there are plenty more composers . What are british great composers ? LOL . And don't even talk about how long country exists . Germany exists since medieval times . You England are not even independent country . LOL . You don't even have your own country . lol .

Quote:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-...orldwide-sales

British artists were responsible for 1 in 7 albums sold worldwide in 2014

From the Beatles or the Stones, through Bowie, Genesis or Pink Floyd to Adele, Amy Winehouse or Ed Sheeran even the US can't compete with the amount of world famous musicians from the UK (I could EASILY list 50 or more for you if you want me to), Germany? How big would your list be lol.

So the worlds most popular sports, the worlds most popular musicians, the worlds largest Empire, the worlds language, the industrial revolution, computers and hell even the world wide web ALL from Britain perhaps your nonsense about British fans is because of the chip on your shoulder? Before you answer remember you wouldn't even be able to respond if we hadn't given you the language to respond in and the world wide web for you to respond on!
And just one Beethoven makes them look like a joke . Just one person . LOL You really should not be talking about music as You don't really know what the music is . But if you talk about this pop garbage that you have over there then you just had luck that thanks to hollywood english language is international language .

And I don't have any chip on my shoulders . I don't like english fans because they behave like monkeys which I showed you already lol You on the other hand are extremely full of complexes person that lives in past . Which country rules europe ? Germany . You english can't even rule your own country as you don't really have it . It is really sad . LOL .

KEEP LIVING IN A PAST WHILE WE TAKE 5TH WORLD CUP AND YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT BY WHO THIS TIME ? LAST TIME IT WAS ICELAND , BEFORE THAT COSTA RICA , WHO IT WILL BE THIS TIME , PANAMA ? BUHAHAHA . YOU DID NOT EVEN WENT OUT OF GROUP STAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY IN VERY MINOR GAME OF RUGBY THAT IS PLAYED SERIOUSLY BY LIKE FEW COUNTRIES . LOL .

I said all that I had to say to you . THIS IS TOPIC ABOUT FOOTBALL AND YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BUT FOOTBALL . SO GOODBYE .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-25-2017 at 08:03 AM..

Old 11-26-2017, 05:32 AM

7,951 posts, read 6,712,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
I I gave you a list of german discoveries , just by discovering car and petrol engines the most life changing invention in the history , we make you look like a joke . And that is just one thing . Stop with this rugby bull**** . Rugby is just colonial sport . Thats it . Volleyball and handball are played in sports hall . It can't gather that much people . lol . Rugby is dominated by tiny country of New Zealand , and you call it a serious sport ?. Lol . You think that if France , Italy , Brazil , Germany , and other powerhouses took this sport seriously , that that would be a case ? Volleyball , basketball , football , these are global sports played around the whole world . Handball is played in whole europe . Rugby is just colonial game , noone takes it seriously besides like 3 countries lol . Go ask any italian or french , and they will tell you that volleyball is much more popular than rugby and these teams are more succesfull . You are typical brainwashed british . You never heard of handball , you never heard of Schumann ? And you talk about music ? LOL . Just with one Beethoven Germany is classes above than you when it comes to music . And there are plenty more composers . What are british great composers ? LOL . And don't even talk about how long country exists . Germany exists since medieval times . You England are not even independent country . LOL . You don't even have your own country . lol .

And just one Beethoven makes them look like a joke . Just one person . LOL You really should not be talking about music as You don't really know what the music is . But if you talk about this pop garbage that you have over there then you just had luck that thanks to hollywood english language is international language .

And I don't have any chip on my shoulders . I don't like english fans because they behave like monkeys which I showed you already lol You on the other hand are extremely full of complexes person that lives in past . Which country rules europe ? Germany . You english can't even rule your own country as you don't really have it . It is really sad . LOL .

KEEP LIVING IN A PAST WHILE WE TAKE 5TH WORLD CUP AND YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT BY WHO THIS TIME ? LAST TIME IT WAS ICELAND , BEFORE THAT COSTA RICA , WHO IT WILL BE THIS TIME , PANAMA ? BUHAHAHA . YOU DID NOT EVEN WENT OUT OF GROUP STAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY IN VERY MINOR GAME OF RUGBY THAT IS PLAYED SERIOUSLY BY LIKE FEW COUNTRIES . LOL .

I said all that I had to say to you . THIS IS TOPIC ABOUT FOOTBALL AND YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE BUT FOOTBALL . SO GOODBYE .
Easy tiger, just telling you as it is. Until I see 80'000+ people watch handball or volleyball I will take it that the British sport of rugby is MUCH more popular across Europe, especially France or Italy. I am not sure what you mean about 'independent' country, we have had the sense to get out of the EU dictatorship. Now if you really do have a problem with the British I suggest you stop playing British football, stop listening to British music and watching British films oh and perhaps you should stop using the British language too? Go and get some culture of your own instead of just copying ours!

Old 11-26-2017, 11:59 AM

FOR THE LAST TIME I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH NORMAL BRITISH OR ENGLISH PEOPLE . I ONLY HAVE PROBLEM WITH ENGLISH FANS WHO BOO ANTHEMS AND STOMP ON OTHER NATIONS FLAGS . I RESPECT BRITISH , ENGLISH FANS THAT BEHAVE NORMALLY ! I RESPECT WHAT BRITIAN BROUGHT TO THE WORLD AND I RESPECT NORMAL BRITISH
PEOPLE .

https://sporteology.com/top-10-popular-sports-world/ Volleyball has much more fans than rugby . And so does basketball . Both basketball and volleyball are sports that are played in sports halls not on stadiums . Rugby is quite popular in south France and northern Italy unlike volleyball which is popular throughout whole of these countries .

GO AND GET SOME CULTURE ? WHO ARE YOU TO TALK LIKE THAT ? HOW MANY EXAMPLES OF GERMAN COMPOSERS , INVENTIONS AND INVENTORS , WRITERS , PHILOSOPHERS DO I HAVE TO GIVE TO YOU , SO THAT YOU COULD STOP SAYING THIS RUBBISH ? KANT , NIETZSCHE , BEETHOVEN , GOETHE , VON BRAUN , LUTHER , KEPLER , EINSTEIN , BENZ , GUTTENBERG AND MANY OTHERS .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_discoverers Here you have whole list of german inventors and discoverers .

Here you have list of german composers . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_composers

And list of german philosophers . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...n_philosophers

Now if you have problem with germans , maybe you should stop using cars , plains , ships (petrol engines ) . Maybe you should never read any books or newspapers (printing) , maybe you should go back to catholicism , maybe you should never ride on a bike . Maybe you should never take an aspirine . Maybe you should never use motorways . See how twisted your theories sound ? Everyone should appreciate everything that all countries brought to this world and use it . I UNLIKE YOU APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT EVERY NATION INCLUDING BRITIAN BROUGHT TO THIS WORLD AND I AM GRATEFUL FOR IT ! Talking to you is pointless . I give you arguments and you ignore them and just countinue with your ignorance and changing subjects .

I WISH YOU COULD JUST STICK TO FOOTBALL TOPIC AND STOP PROVOKING AND CHANGING SUBJECTS .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-26-2017 at 01:04 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 05:36 PM

I did a little research and these are the numbers .

Estimated fans : Volleyball - 900 million fans .
Rugby - 410 milion fans . https://sporteology.com/top-10-popular-sports-world/

Most widely played sports : First place Volleyball - 218 national federations , even more than in soccer !
29th place Rugby - 110 national federations , even less than in baseball ! lol Most Widely Played Sports

In Rugby world cup , there were qualified teams like Fiji , Samoa , Tonga . These are tiny and very poor countries , and they were in rugby world cup ! This speaks for itself how little of competition there is in rugby that such countries can make it to rugby world cup . You won't find such countries in Volleyball world championships .

I knew from the start that volleyball is way more popular than rugby , but even I did not expect such a huge gap in popularity between these two sports .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-26-2017 at 06:51 PM..

Old 11-27-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
FOR THE LAST TIME I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH NORMAL BRITISH OR ENGLISH PEOPLE . I ONLY HAVE PROBLEM WITH ENGLISH FANS WHO BOO ANTHEMS AND STOMP ON OTHER NATIONS FLAGS . I RESPECT BRITISH , ENGLISH FANS THAT BEHAVE NORMALLY ! I RESPECT WHAT BRITIAN BROUGHT TO THE WORLD AND I RESPECT NORMAL BRITISH
PEOPLE .

https://sporteology.com/top-10-popular-sports-world/ Volleyball has much more fans than rugby . And so does basketball . Both basketball and volleyball are sports that are played in sports halls not on stadiums . Rugby is quite popular in south France and northern Italy unlike volleyball which is popular throughout whole of these countries .

GO AND GET SOME CULTURE ? WHO ARE YOU TO TALK LIKE THAT ? HOW MANY EXAMPLES OF GERMAN COMPOSERS , INVENTIONS AND INVENTORS , WRITERS , PHILOSOPHERS DO I HAVE TO GIVE TO YOU , SO THAT YOU COULD STOP SAYING THIS RUBBISH ? KANT , NIETZSCHE , BEETHOVEN , GOETHE , VON BRAUN , LUTHER , KEPLER , EINSTEIN , BENZ , GUTTENBERG AND MANY OTHERS .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_discoverers Here you have whole list of german inventors and discoverers .

Here you have list of german composers . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_composers

And list of german philosophers . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...n_philosophers

Now if you have problem with germans , maybe you should stop using cars , plains , ships (petrol engines ) . Maybe you should never read any books or newspapers (printing) , maybe you should go back to catholicism , maybe you should never ride on a bike . Maybe you should never take an aspirine . Maybe you should never use motorways . See how twisted your theories sound ? Everyone should appreciate everything that all countries brought to this world and use it . I UNLIKE YOU APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT EVERY NATION INCLUDING BRITIAN BROUGHT TO THIS WORLD AND I AM GRATEFUL FOR IT ! Talking to you is pointless . I give you arguments and you ignore them and just countinue with your ignorance and changing subjects .

I WISH YOU COULD JUST STICK TO FOOTBALL TOPIC AND STOP PROVOKING AND CHANGING SUBJECTS .
You say you don't like English fans that 'boo' anthems and yet you don't mind if Italian, Spanish, Turkish, French or German fans do it? Like I said, I think you have a 'chip' on your shoulder when it comes to the British. If that has nothing to do with the wars then I can only guess its because of the dominant popular culture or perhaps the popularity of the Premier League that makes you feel this way?

Old 11-27-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
I did a little research and these are the numbers .

Estimated fans : Volleyball - 900 million fans .
Rugby - 410 milion fans . https://sporteology.com/top-10-popular-sports-world/

Most widely played sports : First place Volleyball - 218 national federations , even more than in soccer !
29th place Rugby - 110 national federations , even less than in baseball ! lol Most Widely Played Sports

In Rugby world cup , there were qualified teams like Fiji , Samoa , Tonga . These are tiny and very poor countries , and they were in rugby world cup ! This speaks for itself how little of competition there is in rugby that such countries can make it to rugby world cup . You won't find such countries in Volleyball world championships .

I knew from the start that volleyball is way more popular than rugby , but even I did not expect such a huge gap in popularity between these two sports .
Doesn't change the fact that rugby blows handball out of the water when it comes to matchday attendance and world cup TV viewership, what size crowds does a volleyball game get exactly? The fact that Fiji, Samoa or Tonga are better at rugby than the Germans says a lot about the Germans, why did you only decide to choose football, golf or tennis when you wanted to try playing British sports? You need to start playing something a bit more 'manly'

Old 11-27-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
you say you don't like english fans that 'boo' anthems and yet you don't mind if italian, spanish, turkish, french or german fans do it? Like i said, i think you have a 'chip' on your shoulder when it comes to the british. If that has nothing to do with the wars then i can only guess its because of the dominant popular culture or perhaps the popularity of the premier league that makes you feel this way?
NO , YOU ARE LYING . I DON'T LIKE ITALIAN AND TURKISH FANS THAT BOO ANTHEMS EITHER AND I NEVER ROOT FOR ITALY OR TURKEY . AND I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE . YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT . ITS THERE , ITS WRITTEN . I CAN'T RECALL FRENCH OR GERMAN FANS BOOING ANTHEMS AND STOMPING ON FLAGS , THOUGH .

I do not have any chip on my shoulders when it comes to british . I respect what british brought to this world . Premier league is very competitive league and I like it , and it is good that its teams start to be once again succesful . I like liverpool fc . That is one of my most favourite clubs . I hope that they can win something this year .

NOW ON THE OTHER HAND YOU SEEM TO HATE ON GERMANS . YOU SAID THAT THEY HAD BROUGHT NOTHING TO THIS WORLD AND THAT APART FROM FOOTBALL THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING VERY WELL , EVEN THOUGH YOU USE THINGS THAT THEY INVENTED ON DAILY BASIS AND I SAID THAT I RESPECT WHAT BRITTISH BROUGHT TO THIS WORLD AND I AM GRATEFUL FOR IT . YOU CAN EASILY SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOMEONE WITH A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER (YOU) AND SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE JUST ONE ASPECT ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY BUT RESPECTS AND APRECIATES EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS GOOD ABOUT IT (ME) . WHAT CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND ?

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-27-2017 at 07:24 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
doesn't change the fact that rugby blows handball out of the water when it comes to matchday attendance and world cup tv viewership, what size crowds does a volleyball game get exactly? The fact that fiji, samoa or tonga are better at rugby than the germans says a lot about the germans, why did you only decide to choose football, golf or tennis when you wanted to try playing british sports? You need to start playing something a bit more 'manly'
How can you compare sports hall attendance with stadium attendance ? Lol . BUT IT DOES NOT MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU SAID THAT YOU PLAY EVERY SPORT ON A COMPETITIVE LEVEL AND I PROVED YOU WRONG . YOU DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL , HANDBALL , VOLLEYBALL , ICE HOCKEY ETC ON A COMPETITIVE LEVEL , SO YOU CHANGED A SUBJECT .

Volleyball is played in sports hall as is basketball and handball . You cant put as many people in sports hall as in stadium . So it does not mean anything . What don't you understand ? Basketball also can't get a big crowd like american football or baseball but is either number 2 or 3 sport in the world , and is way more popular than american football or baseball or rugby worldwide . The fact that volleyball has over twice as many fans as rugby worldwide , and that there are twice as many countries in the world playing it as there are countries playing rugby says everything that has to be said on that subject .

The fact that such countries like fiji , samoa or tonga play in a world cup of whatever sport and little country like new zealand dominates it, says a lot about how minor of a sport it is (in that case rugby ) and only about that . Nothing against rugby just stating the facts .

Neither football , tennis nor golf are brittish sports anymore . They belong to the whole world now . Just like not all cars are german anymore , and not all books (printing) are german anymore , and not all bikes are german anymore just because they invented it . Stop living in a past .

As for rugby being manly ? Let's just say that bunch of grown men jumping on the one with the ball like he is some kind of hottest chick on the earth is not something that I would call manly .

Football is THE manly sport . It is THE sport . All the best athletes , all the best men around the world go to play football . And Germany is THE man . Nothing against England , if england won then I would congratulate englishmen . No excuses . But if germany won and england lost would you do the same ? I don't think so .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-27-2017 at 07:34 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 AM

3,852 posts, read 3,991,809 times
Christ, you two need to get a room. This is part of why the CD soccer forum is crap, people only come to stroke their ids.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Christ, you two need to get a room. This is part of why the CD soccer forum is crap, people only come to stroke their ids.
If someone is trying to make me look like I have something against british nation just because I don't like their fan's behaviour (booing anthems , stomping on flags) then I am going to respond and make it clear that it is not a case and that I respect british nation and british normal fans and british normal people . I told him many times to get back to football topic and stop provoking . All of these other sports , history stuff is irrelevant in this topic , but he just keeps going .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or