U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 07:35 PM

9,690 posts, read 6,642,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
None of what MLS did made any sense and that is not fair to the 4 finalist cities. Miami had an announcement of getting into the league in 2013 and they fell apart. Now they are back? Austin now has a club with no official announcement? St Louis was not one of the Final 4, but there are rumors they could be club 28. Leaving Sacramento & Detroit out.
MLS is entertaining, and I do watch the games (we go to most home games here) but sense is something that whoever is in charge seems to be lacking. The sport is growing immensely in popularity here, yet far too little is being done to increase the talent pool and bring it up to a higher level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 11:35 AM

691 posts, read 164,219 times
Team should be called the Miami Heatstroke.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:41 AM

691 posts, read 164,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
MLS is entertaining, and I do watch the games (we go to most home games here) but sense is something that whoever is in charge seems to be lacking. The sport is growing immensely in popularity here, yet far too little is being done to increase the talent pool and bring it up to a higher level.

I think it depends on the team. Some are doing quite well.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/mls...who-make-them/

A keep an eye on the Sounders and they have quite a few good-to-excellent prospects working their way up the academy ranks. But it's going to take several more years for them to be ready for the MLS.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:50 AM

279 posts, read 74,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Team should be called the Miami Heatstroke.
That would be Orlando by all means. Your geograpfy is off 259 mls.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 AM

There will be 1 yr for the Team without a home, so Folks..NO to FAU and a louder NO to Hard Stone..YES to Marlins Park or FIU.

Ultimately FIU should be home that one year overlap.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
There will be 1 yr for the Team without a home, so Folks..NO to FAU and a louder NO to Hard Stone..YES to Marlins Park or FIU.

Ultimately FIU should be home that one year overlap.
Hopefully for the sake of the team and fans using Marlins Park would only be a one year thing. Soccer games in baseball stadiums is just a bad setup.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:30 AM

Marlins Park is not yet a sure thing, FIU is the Clear Choice here. That stadium is already set for Pro Soccer. It’s an EZ gimme !!

Old 01-30-2019, 05:36 PM

2,296 posts, read 517,632 times
I’m guessing Beckham will keep his kid far from MLS - lol. I have a hard time wondering what his incentive is (other than money of course) to have a team - but I never sensed he was truly happy as a player on Galaxy either. It just seems his heart is not in it here - not saying I blame him (and yes it is a good thing for MLS) but after reading “The Beckham Experiment” years ago, I never thought this would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or