U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-01-2018, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,639 posts, read 796,934 times
Reputation: 739

Advertisements

I been getting a lot of controversy with this theory wherever I share it and I think is because people think I am trying to blindly defend the US's avoidance in the WC, but to be fair after all the WC is in Russia, so I think adding the political peripheral isn't too far off. Although I think people got tired of the politicization of soccer/football so this might also be another reason the theory sounds annoying in character

Please read the bolded before responding, I highly suggest it

What do you guys think, is my theory off or nah?

 
Old 06-02-2018, 07:33 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the US avoided qualifying for political reasons?
People think whatever they want to believe, but real sports doesn't work that way. The athletes/players will not submit to any such nonsense. They're there to do their very best and no more. That's it.
 
Old 06-02-2018, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,639 posts, read 796,934 times
Reputation: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
People think whatever they want to believe, but real sports doesn't work that way. The athletes/players will not submit to any such nonsense. They're there to do their very best and no more. That's it.
What about the WC being in Russia?
 
Old 06-02-2018, 06:29 PM
 
3,283 posts, read 5,411,357 times
Reputation: 2396
No, they're just not that good.
 
Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,639 posts, read 796,934 times
Reputation: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
No, they're just not that good.
But see, I just can't accept that. I can understand the controversy a bit if it my theory just plain stupid, but most of the people just want to badly attack the US, as if the US GIVES A **** SO DAMN BADLY ABOUT SOCBALL(Yes I found a way to combine it) in the first place.
 
Old 06-03-2018, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,550 posts, read 16,386,697 times
Reputation: 5087
They didnt qualify because theyre crap. Nothing to do with politics.
 
Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 PM
 
3,283 posts, read 5,411,357 times
Reputation: 2396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
But see, I just can't accept that. I can understand the controversy a bit if it my theory just plain stupid, but most of the people just want to badly attack the US, as if the US GIVES A **** SO DAMN BADLY ABOUT SOCBALL(Yes I found a way to combine it) in the first place.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Your theory is a massive stretch, to put it nicely. The USMNT tried their best to qualify and simply blew it. There was some shenanigans on the final match day of qualifying by other countries that really hurt them, but the US didn't tank.
 
Old 06-04-2018, 12:02 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,639 posts, read 796,934 times
Reputation: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Your theory is a massive stretch, to put it nicely. The USMNT tried their best to qualify and simply blew it. There was some shenanigans on the final match day of qualifying by other countries that really hurt them, but the US didn't tank.
It could have been a blessing in disguise. Not trying to blindly excuse rhe US's loss against Trinindad & Tobago of course.
 
Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC
3,848 posts, read 3,969,276 times
Reputation: 6494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I been getting a lot of controversy with this theory wherever I share it and I think is because people think I am trying to blindly defend the US's avoidance in the WC, but to be fair after all the WC is in Russia, so I think adding the political peripheral isn't too far off. Although I think people got tired of the politicization of soccer/football so this might also be another reason the theory sounds annoying in character

Please read the bolded before responding, I highly suggest it

What do you guys think, is my theory off or nah?
Do you post every little thought that crosses your mind?
 
Old 06-04-2018, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, TX
2,639 posts, read 796,934 times
Reputation: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Do you post every little thought that crosses your mind?
Yeah sure, I am brave enough to do so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top