U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,607,291 times

Advertisements

So happy Korea beat Germany :P...I obviously thought germany can even become champions but anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 06:15 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
I'm beginning to believe that Belgium will have something to say about the overall result.

That being said... here comes England!

Old 06-28-2018, 05:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
The Mexican team was very disappointing yesterday against Sweden. Now I do not want to get into a whole philosophical tangent of life imitate football and how the Mexican culture has this entire self defeating idealism and angst (Read Richard Grant's books for an example)

BUT There is talent on the Mexican team and they need to get it together against Brazil, a team that they can beat (In this tournament anyone can beat anyone) and Mexico needs to not take the day off like they did against Sweden.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The Mexican team was very disappointing yesterday against Sweden. Now I do not want to get into a whole philosophical tangent of life imitate football and how the Mexican culture has this entire self defeating idealism and angst (Read Richard Grant's books for an example)

BUT There is talent on the Mexican team and they need to get it together against Brazil, a team that they can beat (In this tournament anyone can beat anyone) and Mexico needs to not take the day off like they did against Sweden.
Totally agree, Cat Man. Mexico was outplayed by Sweden in so many ways, and they're capable of much better. It'll be interesting to see if and how they get back to what they were showing during the earlier matches. They can be really tough when they decide to do so.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:09 AM

6,608 posts, read 10,671,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
So happy Korea beat Germany :P...I obviously thought germany can even become champions but anyway...
Anything that humbles Germany a bit is good for Europe, and international football, especially after the way they treated the Swedes post-game last week.

Would love to see France and Brazil get knocked off and leave the field for a Belgium, England or even better an Uruguay or Croatia.

We'll see.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:17 AM

2,412 posts, read 1,607,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Anything that humbles Germany a bit is good for Europe, and international football, especially after the way they treated the Swedes post-game last week.

Would love to see France and Brazil get knocked off and leave the field for a Belgium, England or even better an Uruguay or Croatia.

We'll see.
I hope for 2:0 Belgium - England and 1:0 Japan - Poland today.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:21 AM

729 posts, read 380,908 times
My bets !! Do you guys agree ??

Uruguai 2 x 2 Portugal

France 3 x 1 Argentina

Brasil 3 x 0 México

Belgium 4 x 1 Japan

Spain 1 x 0 Rússia

Croácia 2 x 1 Denmark

Sweden 1 x 1 Swiss

Colômbia 1 x 2 England

Old 06-29-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
My bets !! Do you guys agree ??

Uruguai 2 x 2 Portugal

France 3 x 1 Argentina

Brasil 3 x 0 México

Belgium 4 x 1 Japan

Spain 1 x 0 Rússia

Croácia 2 x 1 Denmark

Sweden 1 x 1 Swiss

Colômbia 1 x 2 England
Yep, good picks.

Personally, I'm believing in Uruguay over Portugal, and Argentina over France -- but you're right in that they could end up differently. Belgium will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Yep, good picks.

Personally, I'm believing in Uruguay over Portugal, and Argentina over France -- but you're right in that they could end up differently. Belgium will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
Argentina is much weak and older in defense and has a coach who is dumb ! inventing tactical schemes ! Last match against Nigeria, the players Mascherano and Messi scaled their team ! But I think even with them helping Sampaoli scale the Argentinean team won’t be enough to triunfy against the Strong and well trained French team.

Portugal and Uruguay will be an equilibrate confront, Uruguay is a bit better team but the Luso team has Cristiano Ronaldo, the best player of the world ! Many times he makes the difference alone.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Yep, good picks.

Belgium winning Japan and Brazil winning Mexico we will have Brazil vs Belgium in the quarterfinals I think the winner of this game will be the world cup champion of this year.
If the Belgium players don’t fear for the Brazilian t-shirt and experience, they are a bit favorites in this confront.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or