Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 01:26 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
What would that prove? If they win, they beat up on some teen-age lads. If not, they get more ridicule. No, I wouldn't bother feeding the haters.
Except for the fact that lost, they couldnt. You cant say they took it easy, they wouldve want to win. No way you want to lose to boys. Bare min you want to draw or tight but not be hammered 4-0 lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 10:13 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Except for the fact that lost, they couldnt. You cant say they took it easy, they wouldve want to win. No way you want to lose to boys. Bare min you want to draw or tight but not be hammered 4-0 lol
In other words, you want to see what is effectively a reprise of the Battle of the Sexes tennis match? No thanks.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:17 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
In other words, you want to see what is effectively a reprise of the Battle of the Sexes tennis match? No thanks.

The best we can hope for is they lose, to end the BS. Womens soccer is a minor league sport at best, at best. If they win, we will never hear the end of it. Parades for everyone!

Old 07-07-2019, 08:39 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
I'll probably be watching the final shortly. The last one, USA v Germany IIRC, was a lot better than I anticipated it would be. I am not going to sell the women's game as on par with the men's but the parody is there between the women's team. Games have a good pace and are entertaining.

There's an irrational hatred of the women's game that many are trying to sell. In terms of North American sports there's nothing else happening now and yet some are feigning ignorance as to why it's being covered. Get real, folks.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:01 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'll probably be watching the final shortly. The last one, USA v Germany IIRC, was a lot better than I anticipated it would be. I am not going to sell the women's game as on par with the men's but the parody is there between the women's team. Games have a good pace and are entertaining.

There's an irrational hatred of the women's game that many are trying to sell. In terms of North American sports there's nothing else happening now and yet some are feigning ignorance as to why it's being covered. Get real, folks.

"the parody is there..."
LMAO!! Truer words never spoken....even though you meant "parity"

Old 07-07-2019, 10:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Is it just me or does the French referee seem to be favoring the Dutch team when it comes to calling penalties, at least in the first half?

Finally gave one to the US just as I write this. Very obvious high kick to The US player, but only after a video review.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:02 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Is it just me or does the French referee seem to be favoring the Dutch team when it comes to calling penalties, at least in the first half?

Finally gave one to the US just as I write this. Very obvious high kick to The US player, but only after a video review.
I thought there were some good no calls with US players on the ground after minimal contact.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:05 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post

After the flop in the box in the first half I thought this was another. I'm fine with not calling it until after review. Past actions have consequences.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:44 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times
USA won!

Old 07-07-2019, 02:01 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
USA won!
Chirp....chirp....(crickets)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer