U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM
 
2,735 posts, read 3,266,765 times
Reputation: 4093

Advertisements

The Women's World Cup got off to a roaring start with France's 4-0 victory over South Korea. For several years, I've much enjoyed the Women's World Cup. It's like the men's world cup minus the over-dramatized painful rolls when one player barely grazes another.

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/

Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Rochester NY
1,244 posts, read 820,042 times
Reputation: 2006
I'm not really a fan on most women's sports but I've always enjoyed the Woman's World Cup. Great game yesterday Italy vs Australia with the last minute (literally) goal. Can't wait to see what the US brings tomorrow. Should be an easy win but you never know! Only thing I hate is the early start times due to the time zone differences. Could be worse though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Seattle
603 posts, read 151,213 times
Reputation: 679
Women's soccer is much improved off late, with more nations fielding competitive teams. There's easily a half dozen or more teams this year who can make it to the final.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 AM
 
687 posts, read 674,755 times
Reputation: 801
I LOVE women's soccer. Great game with top athletes giving their all.

Several of the top teams did not look good in their first match, especially Australia in that Italy match. I think this tournament is pretty open. Its USA, France and Germany at the top, but its anyone cup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,548 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
The Women's World Cup got off to a roaring start with France's 4-0 victory over South Korea. For several years, I've much enjoyed the Women's World Cup. It's like the men's world cup minus the over-dramatized painful rolls when one player barely grazes another.

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/

Enjoy!

Minus the skill level of the mens world cup too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Seattle
603 posts, read 151,213 times
Reputation: 679
Ouch. Poor Thailand. It wasn't like they were horrible; they just couldn't keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:17 AM
 
2,735 posts, read 3,266,765 times
Reputation: 4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Ouch. Poor Thailand. It wasn't like they were horrible; they just couldn't keep up.
Mixed thoughts over such a pounding. By knowing this was the Thai team's first ever WWC, I knew this would be a lopsided victory for team USA. Wasn't expecting 13-0. A part of me wishes there was some kind of mercy clause in the form of, let's say, the game is stopped at 10-0. But, that wouldn't be fair to the spectators whom, for the most, want their pound of flesh served bloody and raw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 AM
 
687 posts, read 674,755 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Minus the skill level of the mens world cup too.
Actually the skill level is the same. The only difference are the things that testosterone would impact, like speed and strength. If you actually like soccer, its pretty great to watch the game played with the same exact level of skill, and seeing how to adapt to carry out the same plans but dealing without the power and speed that the natural doping men begin to receive in the early pre-teen years. Its the beautiful game, and its wonder is on display for any that care to watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 AM
 
687 posts, read 674,755 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Mixed thoughts over such a pounding. By knowing this was the Thai team's first ever WWC, I knew this would be a lopsided victory for team USA. Wasn't expecting 13-0. A part of me wishes there was some kind of mercy clause in the form of, let's say, the game is stopped at 10-0. But, that wouldn't be fair to the spectators whom, for the most, want their pound of flesh served bloody and raw.
First, this was not Thailand's first WWC. They were in the 2015 WWC and beat Ivory Coast before losing to both Germany and Norway, failing to make the knockout round.

As for the scores. This is soccer. Just last year this Thailand team beat Cambodia 11-0 and Malaysia 8-0 in the Asian federations women's championship. Believe me, they understand dominating a lesser skilled team. They do it to weak teams when they can. Score differentials matter.

I also don't think spectators want a pound of flesh. they want to see good soccer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,548 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Actually the skill level is the same. The only difference are the things that testosterone would impact, like speed and strength. If you actually like soccer, its pretty great to watch the game played with the same exact level of skill, and seeing how to adapt to carry out the same plans but dealing without the power and speed that the natural doping men begin to receive in the early pre-teen years. Its the beautiful game, and its wonder is on display for any that care to watch it.
It is not the same lol. The US womens team won a WC and a month later lost the US boys U15's team 4-0 in a behind closed doors match. I grew up and bleed football, have traveled to many countries to catch a match. The quality of the US womens team vs many part time clubs I have seen is comparable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top