U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin's great north woods
1,238 posts, read 1,960,626 times
Reputation: 1185

Advertisements

Anyone else out there excited about the start of the new English Premier League season, or am I the lone American that actually gives a crud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,525,204 times
Reputation: 263
I can't wait....although I hope the top 4 isn't the same 4 sides that it has been for the past several years.

I hope Liverpool can take the league this year...but I just don't see how they'll get by Man Utd and Chelsea. Arsenal could fall out of the top 4...but I'm not sure who may replace them. Villa, Everton, who else?

Anyway...Aug 16th can't get here fast enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin's great north woods
1,238 posts, read 1,960,626 times
Reputation: 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I can't wait....although I hope the top 4 isn't the same 4 sides that it has been for the past several years.

I hope Liverpool can take the league this year...but I just don't see how they'll get by Man Utd and Chelsea. Arsenal could fall out of the top 4...but I'm not sure who may replace them. Villa, Everton, who else?

Anyway...Aug 16th can't get here fast enough.

I can pretty much echo everything you said. As a Liverpool guy myself, it would be great to see them top Man U and Chelsea. Tough road, we'll see. And I do expect a down year (if you can call 4th or 5th a down year) for Arsenal. Everton for sure will be right there as well, very strong side.

My Saturday and Sunday mornings just are not complete without the EPL. I do love the NFL also, but if I had to choose, give me futbol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806
I am an Everton fan and I was hoping that we could break apart the big 4 this year but with the lack of transfers coming in, I dont know that that will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Mesquite, TX
869 posts, read 2,644,015 times
Reputation: 518
I love the Premier League...and the SPL...

just had a lovely day as Rangers have already gone crashing out of the Champions League!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Mesquite, TX
869 posts, read 2,644,015 times
Reputation: 518
Oh...and...I forgot to mention...

YID ARMY!
YID ARMY!
YID ARMY!

C'mon you Spurs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,525,204 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I am an Everton fan and I was hoping that we could break apart the big 4 this year but with the lack of transfers coming in, I dont know that that will happen.
What was up with Everton losing to Chicago? I'm not trying to talk smack...just wondering. Do Premier League teams just play young guys during the preseason?

Obviously, they are better than Chicago...so I'm just assuming they were working on various things rather than trying to win at all cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,525,204 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
My Saturday and Sunday mornings just are not complete without the EPL. I do love the NFL also, but if I had to choose, give me futbol!!
I'm with you...I'll take the EPL over the NFL anyday.

Are you a Duke fan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin's great north woods
1,238 posts, read 1,960,626 times
Reputation: 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Are you a Duke fan?

No. My screen name refers to my best buddy, Dugan. See my profile photo to see the real "dookieboy".

Hope you enjoy the season. Check back, love to talk English football with ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
What was up with Everton losing to Chicago? I'm not trying to talk smack...just wondering. Do Premier League teams just play young guys during the preseason?

Obviously, they are better than Chicago...so I'm just assuming they were working on various things rather than trying to win at all cost.

Preseason is not about winning. It is about getting things fined tuned and into shape along with player development. I dont care if they lost 10-0 if it meant the players learned a thing or two and increased their fitness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top