U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:33 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,757,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidi View Post
Why is that?

Uh, because they are our rival and you normally wish for your rivals to fail miserably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:50 PM

409 posts, read 2,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
heh

don't go showing a sense of humor and making the plight seem sympathetic now - i need to keep up the blind dislike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Uh, because they are our rival and you normally wish for your rivals to fail miserably.
Im all for the Mexican team, but I do accept that the USA team has been playing much better lately. I just hope it does not stay that way. Good thing neither the USA or Mexico have to worry aobut Canada.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,016,639 times
Never liked the Mexican team and never will. I Would be quite happy to see them fail.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,363,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidi View Post
I supporte the Mexican Soccer team but lately they have not been playing very well. Despite their recent win against Trinidad and Tobago, the team does not seem to be headed in the right direction. I've always felt that Mexico's Team problem is not the skill of the players but their general attitude towards winning.

I feel there is some sort of inferiorioty complex problems in the way the Mexican soccer player thinks. They win against Brazil but lose against Honduras or Salvador. They have players that play incredibly well in Mexican teams, but when they play in Europe they lose their touch.

I just feel it would be a wast if the Mexican team did not make it to next World Cup. Hey, it happened to Holand a couple of years back, so it could happen to anyone.
I have also often wondered why Mexico is such a soccer underachiever, with their population, they should be the equal of Germany, Brazil, etc.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:25 PM

409 posts, read 2,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I have also often wondered why Mexico is such a soccer underachiever, with their population, they should be the equal of Germany, Brazil, etc.
I dont think the population has a direct impact on the skill of a given nation. USA, China have the biggest population and have never been in a World Cup Final.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or