U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:35 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,804,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
- it's not cool that everton went on to beat chelsea
I thought that was very cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 AM

352 posts, read 475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
heh - while it's nice to see donovan playing pretty well for everton and them being more competative since his arrival - it's not cool that everton went on to beat chelsea and ashley cole was injured on a play with donovan pretty much ending his premiership season
Donovan is a dirty player!...No worries though because he will pay for that challenge on Cashley

Donovan is the biggest target in the EPL now

Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,749,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Donovan is a dirty player!...No worries though because he will pay for that challenge on Cashley

Donovan is the biggest target in the EPL now

There is a lot of things that Donovan can be called but a dirty player is not one of them.

It isn't so much as a target as he is gaining respect.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,143,930 times
It looked like a good tackle to me, Cole was just unlucky that's all.
I wonder if Donovan is going to be content when he goes back to the Galaxy after playing in the premiership?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I wonder if Donovan is going to be content when he goes back to the Galaxy after playing in the premiership?
I've wondered that as well. And with Fellaini out for six months, might Everton be interesting in extending the loan a bit longer, until Arteta and Jagielka get back to form? With the MLS season starting in late March, though, I can't imagine the Galaxy would be willing.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,143,930 times
I've been Impressed by Donovan, I thought he might have had problems with the extra pace & physicality of the premiership.
If I were David Moyes I would be seeking to extend his stay, perhaps permanently.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:49 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,749,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I've been Impressed by Donovan, I thought he might have had problems with the extra pace & physicality of the premiership.
If I were David Moyes I would be seeking to extend his stay, perhaps permanently.

The MLS is a pretty physical league so I wasnt worried about that. It is the speed and finesse that I was worried he wouldnt be able to handle but he has done well with both.

I think they have already contacted the Galaxy about it and they have denied that request. With Beckham not coming back until after the WC, they need Donovan desperately to compete.

I wish they would do a permanent transfer but Everton is strapped for cash right now and really cant afford to do any transfers. Not to mention that the MLS is going to back asking an arm and a leg for Landon.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The MLS is a pretty physical league so I wasnt worried about that. It is the speed and finesse that I was worried he wouldnt be able to handle but he has done well with both.

I think they have already contacted the Galaxy about it and they have denied that request. With Beckham not coming back until after the WC, they need Donovan desperately to compete.

I wish they would do a permanent transfer but Everton is strapped for cash right now and really cant afford to do any transfers. Not to mention that the MLS is going to back asking an arm and a leg for Landon.
Do you think we could see a situation like Beckham whereby Donovan plays at Everton during the MLS offseason just to stay fresh and continue developing?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Way to go, Everton! 3-1 over ManU!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM

921 posts, read 909,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Way to go, Everton! 3-1 over ManU!
Yeah, congrats to Everton and thats from a ManU fan.
Fully deserved victory. Man Utd just looked to tired (especialy in the 2nd half) from that Milan game away.
But, that's not an excuse.
Good to see some young English players (Rodwell and Gosling) scoring against the best team in England.
Would love to see them both in Utd shirt one day.
Long way to go for the title, but Chelsea (and I said that on the opening day) is the most serious title contender this season.
We'll see how it will end. It is now interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or