U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:49 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,142,761 times

Advertisements

Great week for EPL teams, United hammered AC Milan 4.0 & Arsenal thrashed Porto 5.0 in the Champions league.
Real Madrid were knocked out by french side Lyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 AM

921 posts, read 909,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Great week for EPL teams, United hammered AC Milan 4.0 & Arsenal thrashed Porto 5.0 in the Champions league.
Real Madrid were knocked out by french side Lyon.
What a performance by Man Utd. I just hope they keep this fine form by the end of the season.
I wish Nani can perform like he did yesterday, week in week out, he has skills but he is so inconsistent.
And Becks did a fine gesture to the fans by wearing the green & gold scarf at the end of the game.
Maybe he is the one of the "Red Knights"? Let's hope so.
Glory, Glory Man Utd!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:08 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,800,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
What a performance by Man Utd. I just hope they keep this fine form by the end of the season.
I wish Nani can perform like he did yesterday, week in week out, he has skills but he is so inconsistent.
And Becks did a fine gesture to the fans by wearing the green & gold scarf at the end of the game.
Maybe he is the one of the "Red Knights"? Let's hope so.
Glory, Glory Man Utd!!!
And just as well for you, I'm guessing, was Ronaldo and Real Madrid being knocked out by Lyon?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:17 PM

921 posts, read 909,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And just as well for you, I'm guessing, was Ronaldo and Real Madrid being knocked out by Lyon?
Well, I don't have anything against Real or Ronaldo. Lyon was the better side in that tie, so they deserved to go through to the last eight.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,407,118 times
Im still hopin for Aston and Liverpool to start winning some more. Liverpool lost to Lille. BOO.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,416,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Im still hopin for Aston and Liverpool to start winning some more. Liverpool lost to Lille. BOO.
Im hoping both start losing...alot.

Steve, you ever watch any games at The Globe Pub on Irving Park?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,407,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Im hoping both start losing...alot.

Steve, you ever watch any games at The Globe Pub on Irving Park?
Nope, never even heard of it. What town?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM

747 posts, read 2,281,073 times
This wknd did nothing to separate the top 3. United and Chelsea won fairly comfortably, Arsenal less so. The rising form of Berba, Malouda and Bendtner will reassure their respective fans.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:05 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,380,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Costanza View Post
This wknd did nothing to separate the top 3. United and Chelsea won fairly comfortably, Arsenal less so. The rising form of Berba, Malouda and Bendtner will reassure their respective fans.
Bendtner has suddenly become a scoring machine. Who would have thought that after his performance against Burnley? The way his goal came about Saturday almost gives one the feeling that Arsenal are a team of destiny.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM

747 posts, read 2,281,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Bendtner has suddenly become a scoring machine. Who would have thought that after his performance against Burnley? The way his goal came about Saturday almost gives one the feeling that Arsenal are a team of destiny.
IDK if I would go that far. Yesterday's goal was arguably more influential than the 3 against Porto (for they would have won any way). The CL game was a huge relief, in the sense that he was once again putting away the simplest chances.

2 swallows don't make a summer, and 2 games don't make a season. I don't see any "destiny" here but if you're talking about confidence, self-belief and momentum, then yes Arsenal have those things going for them. Bendtner (and Arsenal in general) are a big question mark at beating the big teams, but in their defense they've dropped all 12 points against Ch/MU yet are still fighting for the title. They also have arguably the easiest finish and the other 2 will drop points against one another between now and May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or