U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 08:43 AM

7,989 posts, read 6,728,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
How could you possibly know about English football when you completely deny racism exists in England?

Like I said, take it up with all of the football organizations as well as the Univ of Manchester. Go tell them they are wrong.
I would like to see where I have said this!!? Perhaps you could show me? I don't think you are listening very hard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Racism, yes. Arrogant, ignorant, and prejudiced would fit too. Racism is too often reduced to White-on-Black prejudice, or "Caucasoid" on"Congoid" if you prefer. Prejudice within one race exist too, it's nothing new. There are first tier Whites, and second tier Whites, according to some people's perspective. For some Northern Europeans, Southern and Easterners are second (or third) tier, while they rank themselves as first tier. They see themselves as smarter, richer, more advanced and overall "Whiter" than the other Whites. Your perspective shows that you grossly think of Southern and Eastern Europeans as a bunch of Ostrogoths who would ignorantly stare at a Black person the same way a 1920's peasant would seeing a car or an airplane for the first time. Before, English people expressed they feeling of superiority in racism, and now they're doing through "anti-racism".
You don't seem to understand what 'racism' means!? Racism is a prejudice against people who are not the same race as you, I challenge you to show me where exactly I have been 'racist'!!!!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:29 AM

2,385 posts, read 556,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I would like to see where I have said this!!? Perhaps you could show me? I don't think you are listening very hard!

Your post #43 which spoke to just a ‘couple’ of ‘alleged’ and ‘unproven’ incidents as well as several other posts including the one in which you said (or agreed to) racism in England hasn’t been a problem in 30 years.

If you do, in fact, agree with me in regard to racism in English football, why would you continuously be debating me on it or telling me it’s ‘my claim’? That wouldn’t make any sense.

We just disagree - as I’ve said, the Univ of Manchester spells it out very well (as well as football/anti-racism organizations globally). It’s a waste of time to continue debate that which has been researched and documented heavily in recent years (including 2019), though you certainly may keep the blinders on if you so choose.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:30 PM

526 posts, read 287,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska View Post
First of all Europe is NOT like the USA, there is a completely different mindset and less political correctness with Europeans. The reality is over 90% of Europe is racist. In fact some Europeans such as Russians and Scandinavians are so racist they even view brunette Whites as inferior to whites that are blonde hair and blue eyed. Non-Whites will not do well in Europe especially blacks. Any black man living in Europe has probably faced racism at least once in their lifetime. If your black, brown or Asian please don’t live anywhere in Europe, just go back to your own country or immigrate to America.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about do you?

Plenty of minorities live in Europe, and that number is growing rapidly, so they do obviously like living here.

And what's this obsession with some Americans thinking Europe is all and one the same?

You do realise that Europe consists of 50 odd countries and upwards of 30 different languages comprising of nearly 800 million people?

The mindset of the UK/Ireland is completely different from some countries in Eastern Europe like Serbia, Poland, Russia.

North West Europe's attitudes towards minorities are far better than other parts of Europe, not to disimilar to North America.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:26 AM

62 posts, read 20,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about do you?

Plenty of minorities live in Europe, and that number is growing rapidly, so they do obviously like living here.

And what's this obsession with some Americans thinking Europe is all and one the same?

You do realise that Europe consists of 50 odd countries and upwards of 30 different languages comprising of nearly 800 million people?

The mindset of the UK/Ireland is completely different from some countries in Eastern Europe like Serbia, Poland, Russia.

North West Europe's attitudes towards minorities are far better than other parts of Europe, not to disimilar to North America.
Eastern Europeans especially from Balkan are not real racist they are ultra nationalists but don’t tolerate blacks or gypsy very wel. Polish and Russians are more racist

Old 06-25-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Your post #43 which spoke to just a ‘couple’ of ‘alleged’ and ‘unproven’ incidents as well as several other posts including the one in which you said (or agreed to) racism in England hasn’t been a problem in 30 years.

If you do, in fact, agree with me in regard to racism in English football, why would you continuously be debating me on it or telling me it’s ‘my claim’? That wouldn’t make any sense.

We just disagree - as I’ve said, the Univ of Manchester spells it out very well (as well as football/anti-racism organizations globally). It’s a waste of time to continue debate that which has been researched and documented heavily in recent years (including 2019), though you certainly may keep the blinders on if you so choose.
I'm sorry but in post 43 I most definitely DID NOT say that racism doesn't exist in English football!!??? Go read it again and show me where I am supposed to have said this exactly? How can I be 'keeping the blinders on' when I AM attending the football WITH a black family every season? Surely I AM the person to ask no? I have PERSONALLY experienced football across the continent of Europe and I have seen with MY OWN EYES what goes on. I will try and make it as clear as I can, the difference in attitudes towards race between the UK and 'some' other parts of Europe (South and East) is NIGHT AND DAY, so claiming that racism or racist attitudes in a stadium in London watching Arsenal or in a stadium in Zagreb watching Dynamo Zagreb is somehow the same is nonsense believe me the experience is COMPLETELY different, the demographics are completely different. There are thousands of black skinned people in attendance every time Arsenal play, I doubt there is even one black face during a game in Zagreb, that is a reflection on the cities demographics too, now you tell me do you think that this going to make a difference?

Old 06-25-2019, 07:40 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,440,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cska
First of all Europe is NOT like the USA, there is a completely different mindset and less political correctness with Europeans. The reality is over 90% of Europe is racist. In fact some Europeans such as Russians and Scandinavians are so racist they even view brunette Whites as inferior to whites that are blonde hair and blue eyed. Non-Whites will not do well in Europe especially blacks. Any black man living in Europe has probably faced racism at least once in their lifetime. If your black, brown or Asian please don’t live anywhere in Europe, just go back to your own country or immigrate to America.
Thats the funniest, dumbest and most ignorant thing I have read in years. Whatever planet you live on, you need to quit drinking that water lol

Old 08-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You ARE trying to claim that racism is the same throughout Europe though, which is crazy, like I have repeatedly said the difference between England and Southern / Eastern Europe is night & day! You haven't actually answered any of my questions, is that because (unlike me) you don't actually know? Like I've said I am a Chelsea fanatic and have been for 40+ years, home and in Europe. If you want to know about English football then perhaps you should ask me. I couldn't tell you anything about baseball or basketball but football........Im your man.
Attempting to determine which country is ‘worse’ is a stupid (and irrelevant) comparative measurement to make in terms of education and the united message (worldwide) of no tolerance to racism. The point is - racism (notoriously) exists in soccer - and England is no exception. You aren’t the only guy to follow soccer - though you appear to be the only guy who hasn’t read the Univ of Manchester report (2019) on racism in England (and how pervasive it is).

Old 08-08-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Attempting to determine which country is ‘worse’ is a stupid (and irrelevant) comparative measurement to make in terms of education and the united message (worldwide) of no tolerance to racism. The point is - racism (notoriously) exists in soccer - and England is no exception. You aren’t the only guy to follow soccer - though you appear to be the only guy who hasn’t read the Univ of Manchester report (2019) on racism in England (and how pervasive it is).
But racism exists in EVERY aspect of life in just about EVERY country on the planet, the thing is racism in soccer is MASSIVELY worse in E.Europe than it is in England, I'm not suggesting that English football is 'immune' to it. If you were as fooball (soccer) crazy as me and 90% of all other English men you would understand. I go with my black skinned family to football without ANY issues whatsoever, I wouldn't dream of taking them to a game in E.Europe or even Italy or Spain, black English players have people making monkey noises at them when they play in E.Europe, not just one or two but thousands of people, yes even in the 21st century! Croatia had to play England behind closed doors only 6 months or so ago because of this very reason. This DOES NOT happen in English stadiums, if there is an incident and 99.99% of the time there isn't it would be ONE or a small handful of idiots, you can count the number of incidents in English football over a seaon on one hand & there are tens of millions of people that attend games here every year. The difference is marked, pointing this out is not the same as claiming nobody English is racist or that everybody in Croatia is, but believe me thread title 'Racism in European soccer' is like clumping racists in US baseball with racists in Indian cricket.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:49 AM

Racism in soccer is not a ‘thirty year old problem’, as some suggest - and everyone knows it. Despite educational efforts by various organizations in the past, there could potentially be changes coming i.e. nobody should be fined for being racially abused (and ultimately walking off the pitch). Players aren’t being protected (as evidenced by Manchester City/NBC last Spring) and solving the problem should ultimately be where the focus lies. Is calling it out enough - or do players need to walk off the pitch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or