Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:31 PM

14,812 posts, read 11,895,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Relax. Racism in football everywhere (including England) is not ‘my claim’. Take it up with the University of Manchester, UEFA, Stop Hate UK, Show Racism the Red Card, ENAR, STAR E, FARE, and so on. You are the one who isn’t getting it - this is a world-wide ‘claim’, not mine.
So like I said, the difference between racism in football in England and other parts of Europe (Eastern and Southern) is night and day, in England even the slightest suggestion of racism is stamped on - and hard and in other parts of Europe you are free to be openly racist without fear of reprisals, which is why when black English players play in these places theyre subjected to a torrent of abuse from the stands and why I wouldn't dream of taking my kids to football in Southern or Eastern Europe whereas in England we can go to games without any problems whatsoever. Claiming that racism is the same across the continent is like claiming the sporting experiences between the US an Japan is identical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 01:55 PM

8,467 posts, read 3,718,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So like I said, the difference between racism in football in England and other parts of Europe (Eastern and Southern) is night and day, in England even the slightest suggestion of racism is stamped on - and hard and in other parts of Europe you are free to be openly racist without fear of reprisals, which is why when black English players play in these places theyre subjected to a torrent of abuse from the stands and why I wouldn't dream of taking my kids to football in Southern or Eastern Europe whereas in England we can go to games without any problems whatsoever. Claiming that racism is the same across the continent is like claiming the sporting experiences between the US an Japan is identical.
Take it up with the organizations I mentioned - as well as University of Manchester; I’m sure they would love to hear from you how their study/report has it all wrong.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Take it up with the organizations I mentioned - as well as University of Manchester; I’m sure they would love to hear from you how their study/report has it all wrong.
Ask yourself - why did Croatia have to play England behind closed doors recently? And when you find the answer tell me if the same thing happens at any English football stadiums? Compare the situation between what happened in the Croatian stadium to what happened at Stamford Bridge last year and tell me what you think the BIG and obvious differences are? What are the differences between Stamford Bridge in 1889, 1923, 1982 & 2018? I think that if you actually knew you wouldnt try arguing with me.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Ask yourself - why did Croatia have to play England behind closed doors recently? And when you find the answer tell me if the same thing happens at any English football stadiums? Compare the situation between what happened in the Croatian stadium to what happened at Stamford Bridge last year and tell me what you think the BIG and obvious differences are? What are the differences between Stamford Bridge in 1889, 1923, 1982 & 2018? I think that if you actually knew you wouldnt try arguing with me.
I explained that to you already in a previous post. No one is claiming there is only racism in England when reports from the University of Manchester address how pervasive racism in England is. Read it.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:33 AM

630 posts, read 519,090 times
Quote:
Your statement itself is racist.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Your statement itself is racist.
No it isn't! I didn't say anything about anybody's 'race'! Do you actually know what racism is!?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I explained that to you already in a previous post. No one is claiming there is only racism in England when reports from the University of Manchester address how pervasive racism in England is. Read it.
You ARE trying to claim that racism is the same throughout Europe though, which is crazy, like I have repeatedly said the difference between England and Southern / Eastern Europe is night & day! You haven't actually answered any of my questions, is that because (unlike me) you don't actually know? Like I've said I am a Chelsea fanatic and have been for 40+ years, home and in Europe. If you want to know about English football then perhaps you should ask me. I couldn't tell you anything about baseball or basketball but football........Im your man.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
You ARE trying to claim that racism is the same throughout Europe though, which is crazy, like I have repeatedly said the difference between England and Southern / Eastern Europe is night & day! You haven't actually answered any of my questions, is that because (unlike me) you don't actually know? Like I've said I am a Chelsea fanatic and have been for 40+ years, home and in Europe. If you want to know about English football then perhaps you should ask me.
How could you possibly know about English football when you completely deny racism exists in England?

Like I said, take it up with all of the football organizations as well as the Univ of Manchester. Go tell them they are wrong.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:38 PM

59 posts, read 57,074 times
First of all Europe is NOT like the USA, there is a completely different mindset and less political correctness with Europeans. The reality is over 90% of Europe is racist. In fact some Europeans such as Russians and Scandinavians are so racist they even view brunette Whites as inferior to whites that are blonde hair and blue eyed. Non-Whites will not do well in Europe especially blacks. Any black man living in Europe has probably faced racism at least once in their lifetime. If your black, brown or Asian please don’t live anywhere in Europe, just go back to your own country or immigrate to America.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:46 PM

630 posts, read 519,090 times
Quote:
No it isn't! I didn't say anything about anybody's 'race'! Do you actually know what racism is!?
Racism, yes. Arrogant, ignorant, and prejudiced would fit too. Racism is too often reduced to White-on-Black prejudice, or "Caucasoid" on"Congoid" if you prefer. Prejudice within one race exist too, it's nothing new. There are first tier Whites, and second tier Whites, according to some people's perspective. For some Northern Europeans, Southern and Easterners are second (or third) tier, while they rank themselves as first tier. They see themselves as smarter, richer, more advanced and overall "Whiter" than the other Whites. Your perspective shows that you grossly think of Southern and Eastern Europeans as a bunch of Ostrogoths who would ignorantly stare at a Black person the same way a 1920's peasant would seeing a car or an airplane for the first time. Before, English people expressed they feeling of superiority in racism, and now they're doing through "anti-racism".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer