U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,450 times
Reputation: 88

Advertisements

"American defender Oguchi Onyewu will be sidelined for six months following surgery to repair a ruptured patellar tendon in his left knee, a layoff that could jeopardize his appearance in next year’s World Cup."
Onyewu out 6 months, jeopardizing World Cup - World Soccer - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AjD96GrqVApS996VfINuRcQUwLYF?slug=ap-us-onyewusurgery&prov=ap&type=lgns&start_row=1#commen ts - broken link)

Gooch is a great defender, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

First Davies and now the Gooch...shame shame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,845 posts, read 22,208,117 times
Reputation: 3543
I was just about to write a thread asking the implications of these two injuries. Is Gooch definitely not going to be able to come back in time? Two huge losses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2009, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,450 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I was just about to write a thread asking the implications of these two injuries. Is Gooch definitely not going to be able to come back in time? Two huge losses.

His injury may heal...but there is no way he will be back in international condition and game ready by south africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2009, 06:51 AM
 
2,870 posts, read 3,941,769 times
Reputation: 3263
One position where the USA is spoiled for choice is goal-keeper. Brad Guzan just turned in an outstanding performance for Aston Villa, saving four penalty kicks. Amazing.

http://villa.theoffside.com/match-re...one-night.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,450 times
Reputation: 88
A 1-0 defeat by Slovakia and a 3-1 trouncing by Denmark is a preview of what to be expected in south africa.

Me thinks Project 40 was a failure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
322 posts, read 706,792 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
A 1-0 defeat by Slovakia and a 3-1 trouncing by Denmark is a preview of what to be expected in south africa.
And spring training results are indicative of who is going to win the World Series.

Did you miss the Confederations Cup? Those were competitive games, not friendlies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
983 posts, read 1,367,552 times
Reputation: 834
USA should be fine. Their group, bar England, is manageable. The pass to the second round is entirely in their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,450 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthegreen View Post
And spring training results are indicative of who is going to win the World Series.

Did you miss the Confederations Cup? Those were competitive games, not friendlies.
What exactly did the USA do in the confederations cup?

Get owned by Italy and Brazil?

Luck out to make the semi finals because brazil whooped the gramps Italy constantly puts on the field? And got lucky against an Egyptian side who were yucking it up with prostitutes the night before?

Luck out even more against a spanish side who overlooked them?

Stink it up agaisnt brazil after being up 2-0 at halftime?

Confederations cup proves nothing, and the US team wont even make it out of their weak group stage this summer...believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,580,918 times
Reputation: 2829
What did Mexico do at the Confederations Cup, besides mow the pitch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM
 
1,817 posts, read 4,419,445 times
Reputation: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
What exactly did the USA do in the confederations cup?
Get owned by Italy and Brazil?
Luck out to make the semi finals because brazil whooped the gramps Italy constantly puts on the field? And got lucky against an Egyptian side who were yucking it up with prostitutes the night before?
Luck out even more against a spanish side who overlooked them?
Stink it up agaisnt brazil after being up 2-0 at halftime?
Confederations cup proves nothing, and the US team wont even make it out of their weak group stage this summer...believe that.
So when the USA loses in friendlies it shows how bad they are, yet when they win in the Confederations Cup its considered lucky.

Interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top