Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,925,096 times

Advertisements

Anybody watching? Its a bit depressing watching this knowing that I won't be hearing Croatia picked for any group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,132 times
England have drawn the USA in their group.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
Sick good draw for the USA imo. Second round should be easy to get to.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Sick good draw for the USA imo. Second round should be easy to get to.
Should the US get through...absolutely.

Easy? No way. Slovenia had a pretty good qualifying campaign, they will not be a walk over.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM

870 posts, read 2,108,879 times
I know that everyone is claiming that Group G is the "Group of Death," and on first glance, I agree. However, I'm not so sure that Group H can't claim that mantle. It will be a fierce battle for the two spots, to be sure, but Portugal, Brazil, and Ivory Coast do get more or less breathers against North Korea. In Group H, on the other hand, Honduras can knock off any of the other teams in Group H if they don't show up to play.

As for the US, they got about an even draw. They could have had an easier road, to be sure, but it also could have been a lot tougher. As long as they don't wait to show up until the third match, a la the Confederations Cup, they should move through. I will be looking forward to England/USA. Should be a good game to go to a pub and watch.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike From NIU View Post
I know that everyone is claiming that Group G is the "Group of Death," and on first glance, I agree. However, I'm not so sure that Group H can't claim that mantle. It will be a fierce battle for the two spots, to be sure, but Portugal, Brazil, and Ivory Coast do get more or less breathers against North Korea. In Group H, on the other hand, Honduras can knock off any of the other teams in Group H if they don't show up to play.

As for the US, they got about an even draw. They could have had an easier road, to be sure, but it also could have been a lot tougher. As long as they don't wait to show up until the third match, a la the Confederations Cup, they should move through. I will be looking forward to England/USA. Should be a good game to go to a pub and watch.
Group G has 3 of the 8 or 9 best teams in the world.

No other group comes close.

Edit: Forgot to mention that whoever finishes second in group G is rewarded with the opportunity to play Spain. BRUTAL!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
The England game will probably play out like the War of 1812, with the U.S. scoring a meaningless goal during stoppage time

Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 PM

351 posts, read 533,726 times
The arrogance of Americans never fail to amaze me(especially Alexi Lalas).

I want the ESPN camera on his face when Algeria takes the second spot. Confederations cup got them delusional.

USA will get their victory/draw with Slovenia, have a closer than expected lost to England, and be dominated by Algeria in africa.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
The arrogance of Americans never fail to amaze me(especially Alexi Lalas).

I want the ESPN camera on his face when Algeria takes the second spot. Confederations cup got them delusional.

USA will get their victory/draw with Slovenia, have a closer than expected lost to England, and be dominated by Algeria in africa.
Im more worried about Slovenia than Algeria at the moment. I dont really know what you mean by our 'arrogance.' I was reading some posts on a Spurs message board I frequent and most of the English were picking us to make it through with them.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 PM

351 posts, read 533,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Im more worried about Slovenia than Algeria at the moment. I dont really know what you mean by our 'arrogance.' I was reading some posts on a Spurs message board I frequent and most of the English were picking us to make it through with them.

You didnt see the way they acted when all 4 teams had been picked?

Quite shameful, and Algeria is going to lay down the law on them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer