U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,023,864 times

Advertisements

Stab Vest:

Outrage over stab vest sales for World Cup fans - ESPN Soccernet

"Stab vests in England colours are being sold to 2010 football World Cup-bound fans, provoking outrage among supporter groups."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM

921 posts, read 910,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrhunski View Post
Supporters in Europe are different no matter of sport

this is for basketball example

YouTube - The best fans - Grobari (HQ)
all songs here are like this "**** the police" fu*k police fuc*ing police you are fuc*ers ...etc

YouTube - Red Star-Paok - Basket - Incidenti (this small group travell for his team about 2000 miles)

this is Handball

YouTube - DELIJE at handball derby 22.05.2008.

YouTube - Delije: prekid utakmice (Pozarevac ´97)

This is female Volleyball )) LOL
(before game)
YouTube - Delije idu na odbojku
(on game)
YouTube - Delije na odbojci

This is water polo

YouTube - Jadran - Olympiakos vaterpolo

Like this will never be in US

YouTube - osfp vs pao gate 7 kolash 29-11-09

I think this is because people in Europe are more like 'street fighters' type.

Like this

YouTube - PANATHINAIKOS - GALATASARAY ( Panathinaikos Hooligans )

or this LOLLLLLLL

YouTube - taraftar kavgaları 1

YouTube - Zenit - Spartak Moskova Sokak Kavgası..HooliganTube.Com
Vrhunski...and you find these videos funny?
Have you ever been to a single game at one of those grounds (Belgrade, Athens, Zagreb, Instanbul...)?
I, for instance have watched numerous Partizan Belgrade football matches at their own ground ,including games against Newcastle Utd, Lazio and ofcourse Red Star Belgrade (Crvena Zvezda) and I can tell you when these so called fans go crazy it is not funny at all.
If you find that fire crackers and gas bombs falling near you funny, then I don't know what kind of human being are you.
You do realize that there are family with children there too?
There have been numerous dead cases in Belgrade alone in the last 10 years or so and I think that is not something to be clarified as LOLLLL but it is tragic.
When I go to watch football game I want to watch football game, not some idiots throwing stones and knives and who knows what on them.
For those reasons, I stopped going to the games while I was living in that part of the world. It became insane. Those people are not football fans. Those people are former prisoners, gang members etc. who don't care if their club wins or loses. They want to fight.
The governments of these countries (Serbia, Croatia, Greece, Turkey...just to name the few) needs to do something to stop the violence. They have tried in the past but no results, as these countries are poor and all have other more important problems to deal with. I guess that's why the hooliganism is booming there. People are poor, no jobs, no security, so they vent all their anger at those games, especially football games. UEFA also needs to act and punish these clubs more heavily in order to stop the violence.
They just have to look at England and the way they manage to put an order in their fans behaviour (on English soil though).
If not, football in these countries will die soon and you can see that it is going downward with the speed of light especially in Serbia and Croatia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or