U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806

Advertisements

You would have gotten refunded if you did. Seattle is giving a full refund for the tickets to Saturday's match. Stupid move by the team. It is now going to be expected if the team loses. 4-0 is bad but not like absolutely terrible.

A team gets their ass handed to them every now and again. It happens. Fans need to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
 
117 posts, read 307,143 times
Reputation: 60
I just read the article. It's a credit towards next season and it only goes to the season ticket holders.

First time in history (well, 1+ years) that they allowed more than 1 goal at home.

I don't know if it's a "stupid move" but it would be better if they could offer it to people who can only make 1-2 games to show that the team out there Saturday "was not the Sounders" although I know that's not practical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
KoT
 
Location: North Texas
103 posts, read 164,881 times
Reputation: 31
The good thing about Seattle is that they have a good fan base. I like to watch the Seattle games just to see the excitement and how it affects both teams. The games have been sold out how many times in a row? They could probably afford to credit next years games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
322 posts, read 706,156 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You would have gotten refunded if you did. Seattle is giving a full refund for the tickets to Saturday's match. Stupid move by the team. It is now going to be expected if the team loses. 4-0 is bad but not like absolutely terrible.

A team gets their ass handed to them every now and again. It happens. Fans need to deal with it.
I am not sure if it is a stupid move, but yeah I had the same thoughts. I was at the game and I never expected a refund. The only thing I expected was to see the Sounders play the Galaxy and that's what I got. Obviously I was not happy with the loss, but that's the chances you take as a ticket buyer. I don't think any of the fans had an issue whatsoever in "dealing with it." It was just something the team felt it needed to do, for better or for worse. But there was in no way a fan backlash against the team or the front office.

Also, you are right in that it sets a bad precedent. What happens if the team loses 4-0 again? Of course, 4-0 losses are pretty rare in soccer, especially suffered by the home team, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoT View Post
The good thing about Seattle is that they have a good fan base. I like to watch the Seattle games just to see the excitement and how it affects both teams.
Yeah, the games are pretty spectacular. I honestly never thought I would see crowd sizes and, even more impressively, crowd intensity like this for an American team for decades, if then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoT View Post
The games have been sold out how many times in a row?
One of my pet peeves with the front office. They are so addicted to saying they have sold out x number of games in a row that they limit seating when they could average so much more than 37,000 per game. I know some are saying that it builds demand and I see that viewpoint - I just don't agree with it. But in the whole scheme of things, not a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Plano, TX
23 posts, read 39,094 times
Reputation: 23
I'm just happy that FC Dallas put more than 1 point on the board and even more thrilled that our first win of the season was against Houston in Houston. That's a first for us. So glad I took of in the middle of the week to make that game, but I really wish I hadn't gone to get something to eat when we scored.

Plus, another 3 points against DC United this past weekend moved us up from the bottom of the conference.

Saturday, we play Philadelphia and I really don't know what to expect. Aside from some thuggery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthegreen View Post
One of my pet peeves with the front office. They are so addicted to saying they have sold out x number of games in a row that they limit seating when they could average so much more than 37,000 per game. I know some are saying that it builds demand and I see that viewpoint - I just don't agree with it. But in the whole scheme of things, not a big deal.
They are right for doing what they are doing. If they were to open up the entire stadium, it would lower the value of the ticket because they would have excess supply. By decreasing supply, they increase demand and can keep ticket prices at the level they are at. As weird as it sounds, opening up the stadium would probably decrease attendance.

As someone whose team played in an 80K seat stadium, I can tell you that having unlimited seating available makes people not want to pay hardly anything for tickets. I am so glad the days of playing at Arrowhead are over for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
322 posts, read 706,156 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
They are right for doing what they are doing. If they were to open up the entire stadium, it would lower the value of the ticket because they would have excess supply. By decreasing supply, they increase demand and can keep ticket prices at the level they are at. As weird as it sounds, opening up the stadium would probably decrease attendance.

As someone whose team played in an 80K seat stadium, I can tell you that having unlimited seating available makes people not want to pay hardly anything for tickets. I am so glad the days of playing at Arrowhead are over for good.
I completely understand the economic intent behind it - I just don't agree with it. With the incredible interest behind this team, I could see them average 50,000+ per game. That's okay though - not my biggest concern. I am much more annoyed that all U.S. Cup games last year were played at a 3,000-seat stadium far from town and that the team is considering playing CONCACAF Champions League games there too. Every game should be at Qwest, in my opinion. The USL Sounders played all their games at Qwest in front of 5,000 fans, and I am very bothered the MLS Sounders refuse when they could likely get 10-20,000 for U.S. Cup/Champions League games.

Back to the topic on hand ... if I am right that the interest in the team will remain extremely high for years to come, the front office will eventually open up more and more of the stadium anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806
MLS is back on tonight and all teams play this weekend.

The Kansas City Wizards are negotiating with former Barca and Chelsea forward, Eidur Gudjohnsen as DP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Plano, TX
23 posts, read 39,094 times
Reputation: 23
We're back. In their first home game since the MLS break for World Cup, FC Dallas will take on the Kansas City Wizards on Saturday, July 3rd.

I don't think Jeff Cunningham, who is riding the bench right now, is going to be pull off a hat trick like he did last year against KC. And since, their former keeper is now our starting keeper in Dallas, I really hope Kevin Hartman doesn't give up 6 goals like he did to us in that game last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,744,446 times
Reputation: 2806
We are in shambles. I see Dallas pounding us 3-0. We suck so bad right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top