U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,747,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB_nerd View Post
hello,i have one question about the MLS,how much does make an average player in the MLS???a month and year,i read that teams have like a budget,players can't receive more than ****,someone explain this please??

Teams have a salary cap of 2.2 million per year; however, there is an exception where a team can have up to 3 designated players where only 400K of their salary counts against the cap. This is where players like Beckham, Henry, and Ljundberg come in.

The average player probably makes around 80K per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 PM

65 posts, read 28,957 times
yeah,i understand it now,did a lot of research

i now now the minimal salary is 40 k,how does beckam make so much money??and donovan so little???like most players they do more in endorsments that soccer,only reason why donovan hasn't left US

Old 08-12-2010, 09:46 AM

someone ask one think?the winner of the supporter shield is the champion??

Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
someone ask one think?the winner of the supporter shield is the champion??

No, the winner of the Supporter's Shield is simply the winner of the Supporter's Shield. The winner of the MLS Cup is considered the Champion.

There has been discussion about giving the Supporter's Shield winner some kind of advantage in the playoff though. Not sure if that will ever happen though.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM

i ask cause i saw that the clubs from us going to CONCAF champions league were the champion and vice champion of mls cup,champion of us open cup and the winner of the supporter shield so i start asking,what does the champion gain?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
i ask cause i saw that the clubs from us going to CONCAF champions league were the champion and vice champion of mls cup,champion of us open cup and the winner of the supporter shield so i start asking,what does the champion gain?

What do you mean, what do they gain? They are the Champion. That is what they gain. Once you are the Champion, you have reached the highest level possible, there is nothing else to gain.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 AM

lol,no offense,but here we want to be champion also to go to the champions league,that yes,its the highest it is,and normally the chamipons are the ones who go there

Old 08-15-2010, 02:54 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,165,015 times
Quote:
lol,no offense,but here we want to be champion also to go to the champions league,that yes,its the highest it is,and normally the chamipons are the ones who go there
Why would there be any offense?

Europe is Europe. America is America. Here, whoever wins the Major League Soccer Championship is the most revered. There, whoever wins the Champions League is most revered. So what?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM

i was just saying dude,but don't you think that would make clubs go an extra mile to be champion,with the champions league bonus?also the relegation system,very strange you guys don't have there,same thing for those in the bottom,they would have to try extra hard not to get to the 2 division,this is just my oppinion

Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times
There is no Champions League here so there is not even discussion needed on that point.
Relegation on the other hand is needed. Get rid of the stupid division and have two+ tier league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer