U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:37 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,189,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4satnleycups View Post
Lancet, we are not ready to win a WC yet, I do hope we make some noise. My final game teams are Brazil and Spain.
We weren't supposed to beat the Russians in hockey in 1980 either but we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 05:40 PM

580 posts, read 862,448 times
Many teams can win the cup, some look better than others, but all these teasm have some chances:

BRAZIL
SPAIN
ARGENTINA
ITALY
GERMANY
HOLLAND
ENGLAND

Portugal, USA, Uruguay, an African team (Ghana?) can make some noise, but don't seem to be ready to win a World Cup yet.
Just an opinion, so don't hate.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 AM

122 posts, read 261,823 times
Quote:
Who do Y'all think wins the World Cup?

I'all believe that either a European or South American team will win it all, y'all!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,750,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Many teams can win the cup, some look better than others, but all these teasm have some chances:

BRAZIL
SPAIN
ARGENTINA
ITALY
GERMANY
HOLLAND
ENGLAND

Portugal, USA, Uruguay, an African team (Ghana?) can make some noise, but don't seem to be ready to win a World Cup yet.
Just an opinion, so don't hate.

If it is an African team, it will be the Ivory Coast that makes some noise. In fact, I have seen a lot of people pick them as a dark horse team to make the final. They are one of the most fun teams to watch in the world right now.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
We weren't supposed to beat the Russians in hockey in 1980 either but we did.
The US winning that gold medal is a cakewalk compared to this US team winning the WC. I would say that it is next to impossible for this team to even get close to the final, much less win it.

This US team is not a great team or even close to it.

Out of the 32 teams in the tournament, they are ranked in about the middle. We are blessed with one of the weakest groups in the tournament. Anything more difficult and we would not get out of group play.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Call me crazy, but I like Argentina's chances. They've got some good scorers in Messi and Milito. I'm going with them or Spain.
The same team that barely qualified for the WC and got beat 6-1 by Bolivia in qualifying?

Lots of talent but a terrible coach and a team that is far too inconsistent.

You can have all the talent in the world but that doesnt mean you have a good team.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:36 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wertyuru View Post
I know Spain is the favourite to win, but being a favourite isn't a good thing.
I agree with the majority, and I think Spain will win this year.
In 1994, Columbia was touted as the favorite to win. They went home after the first round.

I believe a non-European team will win, because that has been the case in the past. No European team has ever won outside of Europe. Of course, anything can happen. An European team might win this time around. But I don't think so.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:04 PM

787 posts, read 1,547,106 times
Anyone currently watching the US- Eng match?

*edit* Phwoar. English keeper is asleep at the wheel that evens it up and US and England are now 1 a piece

Last edited by Spindle; 06-12-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 02:03 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,845,667 times
After the show Germany is putting on... They've got to be one of the favorites!! WOW... Very impressive....

Old 06-13-2010, 02:39 PM

33 posts, read 76,675 times
The favourites according to past and present are:
-Germany
-Brazil
-Italy
-France

The second tie should be:
-Argentina (yes please!)
-England

Third tie
-Spain

And dont start with things like, spain has the best team beacuse the have won nothing (except for the euro......the same that greece!! won a few years before)

And saying France has a bad team( and they got to the finals in 2006 so they deserve all my respect)

I think that italy and brazil (and it hurts me to admit) it are the favourites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or