U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,892,729 times
Reputation: 1228

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-conejo View Post

YouTube - 35.000 BESIKTAS FANS JUMPING,CRAZY ATMOSPHERE | HD


YouTube - Inter vs. Milan Derby Ultras


YouTube - basel pyro show


YouTube - You'll never walk alone (Celtic supporters)

that's one reason why europeans (like me) love soccer...

show me something like this in us-sports.

i was attending yankees games, knicks games, giant games, lakers games, galaxy games ..... and the atmosphere was just horrible all the time.. maybe except a usc football game, but even there the atmosphere is pretty lame compared to european soccer games.

if you talk about us-sports in europe, the first thing that comes to the people's mind and the first thing they're gonna tell you is: "their fans suck, it's like going to the movie theatre. they sit around being quiet during most time of the game. there is no atmosphere."

however, personally i love us-sports although, as i said, i think it's very sad that the atmosphere is so lame..
yea wow we as Americans are so envious of a bunch of sheep jumping up and down screaming, not paying attention to the game.. when i go to a sporting event i like to actually watch the game not spend the entire time singing fruity songs or jumping in unison.. all those videos show are how stupid and monkey-see monkey-do people are.. kind of what happens when people try to do the "wave" during sports games.. real fans don't partake in stupid sh.t like that.
all the screaming and "singing" soccer fans do serve no purpose.. in football and basketball and even baseball the crowd has an effect on game play (thus producing the "home field advantage").. the home team's fans in football cheer loudly when the other team is on offense, often disrupting play making it impossible for players to hear the plays being called. same effect in basketball, baseball, hockey etc.
in soccer its just mindless screaming and noise.. i.e vuvuzelas.. which annoy both teams equally. a lot of ppl at soccer games spend too much time lighting flares and singing stupid songs to pay attention to the game

 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,753,801 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
And if you talk to Americans who have attended soccer games in Europe, they will tell you it's thuggish and trashy. It's not uncommon for fans to be killed or brutally maimed at soccer games in Europe whereas it's almost unheard of here.

In the U.S. there are standards. U.S. fans will not hold Nazi flags, openly yell ethnic slurs and throw bananas and stuffed animal monkeys on the field at non-White players.
I know dozens of Americans that have attended games all over the world and I have never heard a bad word about it. Most would call it an exhilarating experience and not one has experienced anything that you mention.

It is actually uncommon for those things to take place. It doesnt happen all that often but when it does, it is world news so it appears that it happens all the time. You have to realize that their are thousands of pro soccer games in Europe a year and only a handful will have tragic events like that take place. You could probably count them on one hand. It's an extremely small percentage. You also need to realize that soccer is very political in Europe and the riots that take place have more to do with that than the actual game.

There are bad things that happen at American sporting events too. I hear racial slurs and crap at Chiefs games every time I go.
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,753,801 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
in soccer its just mindless screaming and noise.. i.e vuvuzelas.. which annoy both teams equally. a lot of ppl at soccer games spend too much time lighting flares and singing stupid songs to pay attention to the game

You're making yourself look foolish. You really are not that naive, are you?
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,580,918 times
Reputation: 2829
Haha, defensive 'merican patriots in this thread...
 
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Georgia
897 posts, read 1,459,336 times
Reputation: 611
Because to most American sports fan it's boring. Football,Baseball and Basketball are much more interesting.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 4,015,430 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
Because to most American sports fan it's boring. Football,Baseball and Basketball are much more interesting.
Most people in this country find baseball, football and basketball boring too...so what is your point?
 
Old 07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
 
2 posts, read 4,826 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
yea wow we as Americans are so envious of a bunch of sheep jumping up and down screaming, not paying attention to the game.. when i go to a sporting event i like to actually watch the game not spend the entire time singing fruity songs or jumping in unison.. all those videos show are how stupid and monkey-see monkey-do people are.. kind of what happens when people try to do the "wave" during sports games.. real fans don't partake in stupid sh.t like that.
all the screaming and "singing" soccer fans do serve no purpose.. in football and basketball and even baseball the crowd has an effect on game play (thus producing the "home field advantage").. the home team's fans in football cheer loudly when the other team is on offense, often disrupting play making it impossible for players to hear the plays being called. same effect in basketball, baseball, hockey etc.
in soccer its just mindless screaming and noise.. i.e vuvuzelas.. which annoy both teams equally. a lot of ppl at soccer games spend too much time lighting flares and singing stupid songs to pay attention to the game


obviously you have never been to a soccer game
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,892,729 times
Reputation: 1228

YouTube - Crazy Italian Soccer Fans in Milan

^lol what a joke... bunch of neanderthals. the noise during soccer games serve no purpose. you could replace that with a bunch of recorded cattle noises or sounds from a random concert and it wouldn't make a difference.
fans in baseketball, football and baseball games change the way games are played. soccer "cheering" serves no purpose.
there is no equivalent in soccer of a home team's crowd in nfl cheering loudly during the opposing team's posession to disrupt their offense vs not cheering as loud when their team is on the field.

you have "singing" and vuvuzelas. that's why soccer is 'uncool' in the US.
and like i stated earlier, no plays in soccer can compare in terms of athleticism to the plays u see in other sports.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 03:28 AM
 
1,645 posts, read 4,015,430 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post

YouTube - Crazy Italian Soccer Fans in Milan

^lol what a joke... bunch of neanderthals. the noise during soccer games serve no purpose. you could replace that with a bunch of recorded cattle noises or sounds from a random concert and it wouldn't make a difference.
fans in baseketball, football and baseball games change the way games are played. soccer "cheering" serves no purpose.
there is no equivalent in soccer of a home team's crowd in nfl cheering loudly during the opposing team's posession to disrupt their offense vs not cheering as loud when their team is on the field.

you have "singing" and vuvuzelas. that's why soccer is 'uncool' in the US.
and like i stated earlier, no plays in soccer can compare in terms of athleticism to the plays u see in other sports.

In YOUR opinion. I've been to 2 NBA games, 1 MLB game, 1 NFL game and numerous college football games and the atmoshpere at those events was DEAD. Especially the baseball and NBA games I attended. No atmosphere whatsoever. The NBA games I attended had these hideous rap and techno songs being played the entire game (NBA). Very annoying... The college football and NFL games I went to had very little atmosphere at all because the game would constantly stop for commercial breaks and stand around time. Thus, the crowd's enthusiasm that was built up would suddenly die during the stand around and do nothing time.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
 
Location: liverpool in England but not of it
481 posts, read 1,043,977 times
Reputation: 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post

YouTube - Crazy Italian Soccer Fans in Milan

^lol what a joke... bunch of neanderthals. the noise during soccer games serve no purpose. you could replace that with a bunch of recorded cattle noises or sounds from a random concert and it wouldn't make a difference.
fans in baseketball, football and baseball games change the way games are played. soccer "cheering" serves no purpose.
there is no equivalent in soccer of a home team's crowd in nfl cheering loudly during the opposing team's posession to disrupt their offense vs not cheering as loud when their team is on the field.

you have "singing" and vuvuzelas. that's why soccer is 'uncool' in the US.
and like i stated earlier, no plays in soccer can compare in terms of athleticism to the plays u see in other sports.
Sir your ignorance knows no bounds.Why do you hate a sport you clearly know nothing about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top