U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 11:28 AM

615 posts, read 443,165 times

Advertisements

You can't have a normal conversation with a soccer fan, especially the Europeans ones who are brainwashed as children to think soccer is the greatest game, they are just too brainwashed and hyper sensitive when it comes to soccer. Its like someone who comes from a country where "blank" is the dominant religion, if you say something about "blank" the people get all sensitive and crazy. The clips of the soccer games in Europe seem like a bunch overgrown idiots who are most likely drunk and acting like goof ball clowns. I'm a casual soccer fan, and I admit the game can be extremly boring, and the game is often decided by a retarded play. For example the game winning goal might happen when the goalie runs his to teammate, or an own goal, or it deflects off someone not even looking!

Word to the wise, you're wasting your time trying to have a conversation with the die hard soccer lemmings, they are brainwashed and sensitive, they'll never understand why someone wouldn't fawn over their "bootiful," nil-nil snorefest.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:44 AM

481 posts, read 1,043,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
You can't have a normal conversation with a soccer fan, especially the Europeans ones who are brainwashed as children to think soccer is the greatest game, they are just too brainwashed and hyper sensitive when it comes to soccer. Its like someone who comes from a country where "blank" is the dominant religion, if you say something about "blank" the people get all sensitive and crazy. The clips of the soccer games in Europe seem like a bunch overgrown idiots who are most likely drunk and acting like goof ball clowns. I'm a casual soccer fan, and I admit the game can be extremly boring, and the game is often decided by a retarded play. For example the game winning goal might happen when the goalie runs his to teammate, or an own goal, or it deflects off someone not even looking!

Word to the wise, you're wasting your time trying to have a conversation with the die hard soccer lemmings, they are brainwashed and sensitive, they'll never understand why someone wouldn't fawn over their "bootiful," nil-nil snorefest.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,892,729 times
i think its funny that the argument these soccer stans are taking now is "omg its so much fun to be in da standz screaming and making noize during soccer aka football gamez"

all the while ignoring the fact that people go to sporting events not to see what the jackass next to them is doing but to watch the ATHLETES and the game itself.

the question was why is soccer uncool to people in the US.
the answer has already been given. the best soccer player in the WORLD is a 5'6, 150 pound dwarf. LOLOL
that in itself speaks to the lack of athletic ability required to play soccer. we as Americans like to see things we can't do ourselves, to cheer for men doing freakish athletic things that we could never do.
something like having a 40 inch vertical leap, jumping from the freethrow line for a dunk, throwing a 60 yard touch down pass, throwing 99 mph fastballs.
ive watched about 90% of the world cup including todays game. what are the "amazing" athletic plays being made? it's all about well placed kicks and well formed plays, its not about any player or players having freakish athletic abilities.

nate robinson is 5'8'' about 180, and his athletic ability is greater than ANY soccer player in the world. and he isnt close to being the best player in the league.
43'' vertical leap
bench 300lbs
played college football and basketball, excelling in both sports and eventually going to the nba

http://karlesmontalt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/nate-robinson.jpg (broken link)

^show something like this in soccer. yea, burning flares is so *exciting*

football players, like the great Barry Sanders, breaking tackles, juking the hell out of the other team going for 50-60 yards is exciting.
soccer players are all p.ssies too... American fans like winners, not diving sissies who get bumped then dive and start ripping grass off the field in "pain".. Donovan McNabb broke his fcking leg in one and STILL played. he's had broken ribs and still finished a game. Where do you see that in soccer? No athletic plays, no "gutsy" performances, games ending in ties... gee i wonder why Americans don't like soccer. LOL

Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,015,430 times
Why are you watching the world cup if you hate the sport so much??? I think NBA basketball is horribly boring and full of arrogant, self-centered, over paid cry babies...but I don't sit and watch the sport for hours on end just to make fun of it. I went to an NBA games ONCE and it was one a snoozefest. The only thing that kept me awake was the crappy rap music and the annoying techo crap they were playing over the pa...while the game was in progress!!! Plus, players were scoring like every 15 seconds which made the whole point of scoring seem meaningless and underwhelming.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM

I hate soccer because i said i hate it right? You saw me post saying "i hate soccer"... that's why you're talking out of your ass saying i hate it. I don't hate soccer. I'm in a thread explaining why soccer isnt as popular as other sports in the US.
I watch soccer because I watch almost every sport there is. I don't particularly think golf is exciting but i still watch. It's one of the luxuries I have as an American, the ability to watch a wide range of sports (as opposed to foreigners who only have soccer to watch)

And just like i figured, no answer for my questions about what the "amazing" athletic moves/plays soccer players do are. There are no highlight reel worthy athletic plays in soccer.
That's why you're continuing to talk about being in the "stands" lol.
I watch most of my games on TV. Your argument is stupid. If you live in indiana how many euro league soccer games are you attending you moron lol

Old 07-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
I hate soccer because i said i hate it right? You saw me post saying "i hate soccer"... that's why you're talking out of your ass saying i hate it. I don't hate soccer. I'm in a thread explaining why soccer isnt as popular as other sports in the US.
I watch soccer because I watch almost every sport there is. I don't particularly think golf is exciting but i still watch. It's one of the luxuries I have as an American, the ability to watch a wide range of sports (as opposed to foreigners who only have soccer to watch)

And just like i figured, no answer for my questions about what the "amazing" athletic moves/plays soccer players do are. There are no highlight reel worthy athletic plays in soccer.
That's why you're continuing to talk about being in the "stands" lol.
I watch most of my games on TV. Your argument is stupid. If you live in indiana how many euro league soccer games are you attending you moron lol
lol?? What are you, a 17 year old girl? First of all to say that there are no highlight worthy plays in soccer is completely retarded. The sport is full of stunning plays, creative goals, etc... And by the way, YOU are the one that keeps talking about the atmosphere at the games.. talking about how soccer fans in the stands jump around and make noises like idiots. Don't put that back on me, miss.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 PM

lol@ "the sport is full of stunning plays, creative goals, etc"

everything except showcasing great athletic ability. no specific examples can ever be given because there arent freakish athletes in soccer. you don't need to be the fastest or strongest. you don't need special abilities to play soccer. it's kind of like golf. there are no REAL athletes in golf, just really good players. same with soccer.

this is soccer's greatest player:

^who is built like i was back in the 7th grade LOLOL. 5'5 160 lbs = the best soccer player in the world LOL, there are girls in high school basketball teams that are taller weigh more lol
and speaking of which, how many times did the greatest soccer player alive right now score in the game's biggest stage?

......?

in what other sport does this happen? Federer, Woods, Jordan, Gretzky, Montana = all increased their level of play in the playoffs and championship games.
..yet the "best in the world" leaves scoreless hahahahaha.. mike bradley of the US team had more goals than the best soccer player in the world. what a joke.

but tell me about how *exciting* it is in the stands of every barcelona or real madrid game you attend, and how that makes up for the lack of real athletes in soccer

Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Soccer players aren't real athletes... Unlike these guys, right?...

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/photos_large/2008/09/22/alfonseca.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-10-2010, 08:33 PM

48,516 posts, read 84,010,700 times
Bscailly take your choice of reason;soocer is just not up there as far as spots int eh USA. Most people can't even name any professioanl soccer team here. My guess is it willever repalce;football;baseball;basketball or even hockey. It is what it si and is popualr in other countries just not here.It jsut can't compete with other sports here for the bast alth;les or even funding from producig revennues in pro or college.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM

615 posts, read 443,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol@ "the sport is full of stunning plays, creative goals, etc"

everything except showcasing great athletic ability. no specific examples can ever be given because there arent freakish athletes in soccer. you don't need to be the fastest or strongest. you don't need special abilities to play soccer. it's kind of like golf. there are no REAL athletes in golf, just really good players. same with soccer.

this is soccer's greatest player:

^who is built like i was back in the 7th grade LOLOL. 5'5 160 lbs = the best soccer player in the world LOL, there are girls in high school basketball teams that are taller weigh more lol
and speaking of which, how many times did the greatest soccer player alive right now score in the game's biggest stage?

......?

in what other sport does this happen? Federer, Woods, Jordan, Gretzky, Montana = all increased their level of play in the playoffs and championship games.
..yet the "best in the world" leaves scoreless hahahahaha.. mike bradley of the US team had more goals than the best soccer player in the world. what a joke.

but tell me about how *exciting* it is in the stands of every barcelona or real madrid game you attend, and how that makes up for the lack of real athletes in soccer
I made a similar point in another thread here in the soccer section. When you go to see Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Peyton Manning, Barry Sanders, Ovechkin, Paquino play or compete you know you watched one of the greats in the game, the athletic ability comes through. While I can watch Messi, Kaka, Rooney, or other soccer greats and not even know they are on the field, they might not get a shot off, or a shot that goes over the goalies head by 30 yards. Soccer games are hardly ever entertaining too because the first teams that scores usually wins the game, you hardly if ever get the back and forth action like you do in a great basketball or football game where every single play counts. The why soccer is played makes that impossible, the last 20 minutes of a soccer game is usually one team keeping the ball away from the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer