U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 12:55 PM

615 posts, read 442,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I have seen NFL and college football teams on numerous occasions start milking the clock with like 6-7 minutes left. That equals around 20 minutes or so when you add in all the commercials, timouts and other bs.

Sure NFL games have more combacks than soccer games. But, there are a hell of alot more blowouts in the NFL and college football than there are in soccer games. To me, nothing is more boring than a blowout. Out of the 11 NFL playoff games last year 5 of those games were complete blowouts. Out of the 15 world cup knockout round games there have been 3 blowouts. Bottom line...I'll take a 1-0 soccer game any day over a 52-14 NFL or college football game.
You can come back in football, look at the Packers VS Cardinals game in the NFL playoffs last year, one of the best sporting games ever, went down to the last play of the game. In soccer the team that scores the first goal wins 90%+ of the time, because the other team can go into a shell and make the game a dullard fest.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,571,047 times
My MLS team just came to win back yesterday. The Germany/Uruguay game had three lead changes. You're trying to articulate a real argument based on stupid stereotypes you heard from some talking head on the radio.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:45 PM

615 posts, read 442,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
My MLS team just came to win back yesterday. The Germany/Uruguay game had three lead changes. You're trying to articulate a real argument based on stupid stereotypes you heard from some talking head on the radio.
Don't think so, I don't even listen to talk radio. In the WC the team that scored first won 90%+ of the time. There were only three times a team came back to win a game when they didn't score first. The Germany/Uruguay game was more open then most games because neither team had much too lose..... In a few of their matches once Spain scored their goal they basically killed the clock for 30, 25, and 20 minutes. Spain scored a total of 8 goals in the WC, lowest scoring team to ever win it all, this WC was pretty lame, if you can't admit that you're not being honest.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:55 AM

5,716 posts, read 14,571,047 times
My opinion of this tournament does not determine my overall views of the sport.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,818,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
My opinion of this tournament does not determine my overall views of the sport.
Anyones opinion of this tournament in which determines their overall views of soccer is just plain stupid!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,746,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol@ "the sport is full of stunning plays, creative goals, etc"

everything except showcasing great athletic ability. no specific examples can ever be given because there arent freakish athletes in soccer. you don't need to be the fastest or strongest. you don't need special abilities to play soccer. it's kind of like golf. there are no REAL athletes in golf, just really good players. same with soccer.

this is soccer's greatest player:

^who is built like i was back in the 7th grade LOLOL. 5'5 160 lbs = the best soccer player in the world LOL, there are girls in high school basketball teams that are taller weigh more lol
and speaking of which, how many times did the greatest soccer player alive right now score in the game's biggest stage?

......?

in what other sport does this happen? Federer, Woods, Jordan, Gretzky, Montana = all increased their level of play in the playoffs and championship games.
..yet the "best in the world" leaves scoreless hahahahaha.. mike bradley of the US team had more goals than the best soccer player in the world. what a joke.

but tell me about how *exciting* it is in the stands of every barcelona or real madrid game you attend, and how that makes up for the lack of real athletes in soccer

This is one of the most foolish post I have ever read.

Size does not determine physical abilities or athleticism. This is a common misnomer with American sports fans. Just because you are 6'4" and loaded with muscle does not mean you are a freakish athlete or even a good athlete. It just means you were blessed with tallness and hit the weight room a lot.

Female gymnasts are the most incredible athletes on earth and most of them are under a 100 pounds.

You not only know nothing about soccer but nothing about sports period. You need to find a new interest.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,889,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
This is one of the most foolish post I have ever read.

Size does not determine physical abilities or athleticism. This is a common misnomer with American sports fans. Just because you are 6'4" and loaded with muscle does not mean you are a freakish athlete or even a good athlete. It just means you were blessed with tallness and hit the weight room a lot.

Female gymnasts are the most incredible athletes on earth and most of them are under a 100 pounds.

You not only know nothing about soccer but nothing about sports period. You need to find a new interest.
I used nate Robinson as example u clown, he is 5'8" and a million times more athletic
Than ANY soccer player, including the oompa loompa 5'5 dwarf who is the best soccer.player in the world
Same one that scored as many goals in the world cup as I did
Zero

Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM

...and I'm still waiting to see the "athletic" plays or players in soccer that come close to someone like bo Jackson, michael Jordan, or something as impressive as any of Barry sanders electrifying runs

Oh wait there aren't any, especially when someone shorter than my mom is the best.in theworld at the sport .Lolol

Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,746,473 times
You do realize that periods go at the end of sentences, right?

I think you need to ask your mother permission to be on the internet. I am getting the impression that you are in middle school.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM

I'm on my HTC evo and I have.big fingers. The spacebar is right next to the period button on the on screen keyboard

But way to go on avoiding the question. Good thing to do since.there are no real athletes playing soccer lol.
Just a bunch of guys good at the game. Like pro bowlers. Not athletes, but really good at their game Haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer