Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:40 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times

Advertisements

Funny how most soccer players retire in their mid 30s. Did they suddenly lost their skill?

VO2max - professional athletes:
Soccer: range from 55-70
American Football: range from 42-60

This (http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2008/11/02/16/299-JV_RAIDERS_FALCONS_06.standalone.prod_affiliate.4. jpg - broken link) is what a call a proper athlete. The same goes for this (http://morningbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/2l9lh50.jpg - broken link) Usain Bolt lookalike. Nice sixpack on this guy.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
kinda corny to point out offensive or defensive linemen... old and tired. oh wait i suppose u think a proper offensive line or defensive rush could be achieved with some pencil neck like messi... yea, if i was a qb i'd want to have a bunch of 150 pounders blocking lol

but i'll take those beasts over this "amazing athlete" any day hahahah

Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Americans do not train to become great soccer players and the greatest US athletes are not interested in becoming soccer players.

Children outside the US are conditioned from an early age to play soccer, heavy emphasis is placed on intensive soccer training in their academics, hence, political strife and culture are governing factors. In the US, children play recreational soccer, if at all, whereas, baseball, basketball, and football, dominate the sports arena in every fashion

Americans root for their teams, Europeans root for political class/religious structures, which explain the intensity, fanatic rage and violent nature associated with this game, this behavior is cool to the Europeans, but not cool in America

Soccer briefly gains some interest when US competes, then the temporary frenzy diminishes until the next cycle…. soccer is not apt to ever become mainstream America ,hence the majority of the people that follow soccer in the US are foreigners.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 01:11 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
kinda corny to point out offensive or defensive linemen... old and tired. oh wait i suppose u think a proper offensive line or defensive rush could be achieved with some pencil neck like messi... yea, if i was a qb i'd want to have a bunch of 150 pounders blocking lol

but i'll take those beasts over this "amazing athlete" any day hahahah
Why? They are part of the team..? I have never seen an obese soccer player.

It seems like you are obsessed with size (even players that are clearly obese) and homo erotic imaginary (American football, basket and soccer).

Old 07-25-2010, 02:10 PM

489 posts, read 1,192,935 times
Football=The worlds most popular sport played and watched by billions American Football=Minority sport played by supermen (steroid cheats)More people watch the world cup draw(a bunch of middle aged men pulling numbered balls from a pot) than the "super"bowel.It really is a david v goliath argument most people prefer the skill and style of football over American football. Sorry that's just the way it is .

Old 07-26-2010, 01:11 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
is it really that hard to follow? probably too late to wish this but i hope you never procreate. holy hell.

What's hard to follow is how someone can keep posting their opinion (yes, it is your opinion) and when knowledgeable people attempt to educate you on a sport you know little about, you fail to listen to them and keep posting your opinion based on incorrect information over again.

A rational, smart, and reasonable person generally takes information presented to them, processes said information, and then changes their opinion based on their new knowledge.

But, you somehow never obtained that skill as a person which is kind of sad. If you keep not listening to people that are more knowledgeable than you on a particular subject, you are going to have a difficult life.

Until you can acknowledge the information other people have presented to you, there is no point in continuing this discussion. Every time you post, you make yourself look like a fool because you completely ignore all the information presented to you and then you keep LOLing at your own post like it's something clever. What is truly funny is that the joke is on you.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Why? They are part of the team..? I have never seen an obese soccer player.

It seems like you are obsessed with size (even players that are clearly obese) and homo erotic imaginary (American football, basket and soccer).
this is the second time a soccer 'fan' has projected their deep seeded psychological issues/ repressed sexual problems in this thread...
everything is "homo erotic" to you it appears.. well..
please find me an instance in the NFL, MLB, NHL or NFL where something lke this happens

until then enjoy the only sport where BITING PENISES happens during celebrations LOL

Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
What's hard to follow is how someone can keep posting their opinion (yes, it is your opinion) and when knowledgeable people attempt to educate you on a sport you know little about, you fail to listen to them and keep posting your opinion based on incorrect information over again.

A rational, smart, and reasonable person generally takes information presented to them, processes said information, and then changes their opinion based on their new knowledge.

But, you somehow never obtained that skill as a person which is kind of sad. If you keep not listening to people that are more knowledgeable than you on a particular subject, you are going to have a difficult life.

Until you can acknowledge the information other people have presented to you, there is no point in continuing this discussion. Every time you post, you make yourself look like a fool because you completely ignore all the information presented to you and then you keep LOLing at your own post like it's something clever. What is truly funny is that the joke is on you.
haha @ "you fail to acknowledge the information other people have presented"

WHAT
INFORMATION

my first few posts here were a simple question- find A-N-Y clip in soccer comparable to the freak show athletic displays found in NFL and NBA... and i was met with SILENCE...
the silence speaks more than your useless post, regurgitating something you have already posted acting as if that somehow disproves my argument..
my statement remains: THERE. ARE. NO. ATHLETIC. PLAYS. OR. PLAYERS. IN. SOCCER. that can compare even in the least to those found in football or basketball

the only "proof" someone tried to post was a clip of maradona from like 30 years ago lol.

but yes keep reassuring yourself that i'm "wrong" because you can't come up with ONE single instance to reject my claim, jackass

Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin loon View Post
Football=The worlds most popular sport played and watched by billions American Football=Minority sport played by supermen (steroid cheats)More people watch the world cup draw(a bunch of middle aged men pulling numbered balls from a pot) than the "super"bowel.It really is a david v goliath argument most people prefer the skill and style of football over American football. Sorry that's just the way it is .
let's give this genius a round of applause... look at the thread title and shut the hell up. the topic states:
"why is soccer so uncool to us and so cool to europeans/foreigners"

the answer simply is: there are no real athletes in soccer, europeans in general produce GARBAGE athletes (and other crappy countries like egypt produce nothing.. except sand soccer "stars" apparently in the form of the no. 9 ranking in the world lol) and thus are not accustomed to the freak athletes found in the United States of America, which produces THE GREATEST ATHLETES IN THE WORLD, as is proven in the olympics every 4 summers. their expectations are much lower than mine as an American.
it's really that simple.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
*shakes head in disbelief*

I really didnt think there was anyway someone could be this stupid. I feel sorry for your parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer