U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,013,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
let's give this genius a round of applause... look at the thread title and shut the hell up. the topic states:
"why is soccer so uncool to us and so cool to europeans/foreigners"

the answer simply is: there are no real athletes in soccer, europeans in general produce GARBAGE athletes (and other crappy countries like egypt produce nothing.. except sand soccer "stars" apparently in the form of the no. 9 ranking in the world lol) and thus are not accustomed to the freak athletes found in the United States of America, which produces THE GREATEST ATHLETES IN THE WORLD, as is proven in the olympics every 4 summers. their expectations are much lower than mine as an American.
it's really that simple.
You have to be a first class idiot, or know very little about sports to say that soccer players "aren't real athletes". Hell...I remember in high school the football coaches used to threaten to send the guys who wern't working hard enough in football practice over to soccer conditioning. Needless to say, they changed their tune real quick! You have to be an extremely well conditioned athlete to play soccer. Where as, in football, baseball, or even basketball...you can be a total out of shape lard ass and still succeed.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,266 times
soccer "athletes" hahahahahah.. anybody can jog for 2 hours.. we used to run a mile every wednesday in grade school and 90% of the class ran it in under 10 minutes.. meaning they were running at a higher rate than these amazing soccer "athletes"
here's one

last seen in a cameo in this movie:

playing a malnourished starved polish prisoner at a german concentration camp

Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
*shakes head in disbelief*

I really didnt think there was anyway someone could be this stupid. I feel sorry for your parents.
you live in kansas city- your parents were related before they procreated. thus explaining the many problems you face in life, including your inability to create a counter argument which is the reason you've spent your last several posts in here repeating yourself like a mindless imbecile.
keep it in the family

Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 PM

arguably 2nd best soccer player in the world, and fifa player of the year the year before dwarf messi:

amazing soccer skills:

http://www.mbovo.fw.hu/pic/viera.gif (broken link)

fernando "el nino" torres, showing MIND BOGGLING athleticism:

WOW, this is freaking unbelievable human abilities:

here is Didier Drogba, one of the best in euro league soccer, having a seizure after what surely was the hardest hit/tackle in the history of the world. had to be worse than when Donovan McNabb broke his leg and kept playing:

man now im really starting to wonder why American sports fans dont like this amazing action.
*rethinks position*

Old 07-26-2010, 11:09 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,048,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Anyones opinion of this tournament in which determines their overall views of soccer is just plain stupid!
the stupidity on this thread has gone off the radar.

Quote:
LMAO@ American sports require little skill... what a joke.
Fact: NO POSITION in soccer, or any other sport for that matter is more difficult to play than the quarterback position in football
fact: a runningbacks job, reading screens, defensive schemes, running behind or around blockers, running by it through huge linemen and linebackers who all want to destroy him is MUCH harder than some sissy soccer player getting chased around by other sissies, who can always dive and get bailed out by the ref and given a free kick.
That's another thing that makes no sense about soccer... any little bump by a defensive player sends the offensive player flying 14 feet, cringing in pain. NFL players literally tackle each other, and a lot of times the tackles fail to bring the player down. How? Because NFL players don't act, they are much stronger and faster and thus better athletes.

But yes what position in all of soccer requires the skill that the QB position in football requires? They get at most 4 seconds to read the entire field and defensive schemes and make a decision to pass, scramble, or hand off.

What soccer player has ever had the freak athleticism, clutchness or alien skill that Michael Jordan had?
Is there even such a thing as bring clutch in soccer?
Do u consider Messi being a clutch player after his zero goal showing in the world cup? LOL!
I bet, the worst soccer player in the worst league could pants you on the field.

You might not like soccer, but to carry on like a uneducated tw@t, reeks of immaturity.

I do not care of baseball. I also question the idea of some NFL players being classed as athletes, for if they average people they'd plainly be fat or obese.

If you do not understand or like the game of soccer, so be it. To question whether they have athletic skill is, just plain stupid on your behalf.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 AM

129 posts, read 162,374 times
I don't really care about soccer. It's not that I dislike it, it's just that I've never really been exposed to it and just have never given it much thought. I think this is probably similar to a lot of Americans.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,843,264 times
This thread has gotten so old, stupid and off track that it needs to be closed! Please....

Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
This thread has gotten so old, stupid and off track that it needs to be closed! Please....
+1, although those .gifs made me laugh.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM

The gifs speak for themselves. That's why Americans dont like soccer. Soccer players = p.ussies
My argument stands and has yet to be refuted. Thanks for playing. U can all go back to watching men lightly jog for 2 hours and display their great diving and flopping skills. I'll stick to watching real sports
I accept your apologies

Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,013,566 times
Quote:
The gifs speak for themselves. That's why Americans dont like soccer. Soccer players = p.ussies
My argument stands and has yet to be refuted. Thanks for playing. U can all go back to watching men lightly jog for 2 hours and display their great diving and flopping skills. I'll stick to watching real sports
I accept your apologies
By your logic, If soccer players are p*****s and divers then all NFL and NBA players are rapists and felons. So....go back to watching your stupid commercials with 15 seconds of "action" in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer