Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 6,435 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a spiritual and native Californian who have been looking into the possibility in moving to Summerville or Dorchester County in 2008 and living in a new state. I have set my site at property in Reevesville. It is my goal to open a B&B for couples relaxation. I plan to offer more than the usual bed and breakfast food and accommodations. Would you come? What is around Reevesville? Are there restaurants and shopping nearby? I would like to ask your views before bidding on this property. Any help or suggestions will be appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 10:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Wow, looks like Reevesville is in the middle of nowhere. What made you choose this area? At least its close to the interstate.... but I can't say that I would travel to this town for a B & B.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
My great-grandparents lived in Reevesville, and baylovers is right--it's basically in the middle of nowhere. I think you'd have better luck with this venture in neighboring St. George.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:21 AM

3 posts, read 6,435 times
I choose Reevesville for the acreage, close to the interstate, gateway to Savannah, not too far from Charleston, and to build my retirement home. However, my overall goal is to have a retreat of some sort for people to get away and relax. My plan is for a place to restore what has been lost due to the thing called LIFE. I want people from all walks of life to come and enjoy the peaceful atmotsphere I have envisioned.

I was hoping that there was retaurants, shopping, things to do nearby, and becoming more populated like Summerville. Summerville was my first choice since I was able to visit last year, but I haven't found the acreage. I found the people to pleasant and things to do there. St. George is in the close proximity of Reevesville--correct? What other areas would be nice for a B&B?

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and will keep on looking for a place to make my dream come true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina