Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,436 times

Advertisements

Birdmom,

I just happened upon your post, asking for info about life in Greenwood. I'm currently in NJ, hoping to move out to find affordable housing elsewhere (I'm newly retired). Just doing a lot of looking online, I found very affordable housing options in Greenwood, but I've never been there.

If you've "fallen in love" with the town, that's a good recommendation. Can you describe it a little more, like some of the things that you liked so much?

I'm looking for something quiet, peaceful, picturesque, and where the people are warm and friendly. Seems like I'm asking for a lot.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 05:07 PM

5 posts, read 28,586 times
Blueroses47-
I went to Greenwood and fell in love with the lake area to live. It is peaceful and beautiful. The way life should be. Then about 8 minutes and you are in town which offers you a wide array of food establishments and stores. Everything you could need. Then 8 minutes again and you are back to peaceful serenity of the lake. My friends live in one of the lake communities that is not gated. When I am there we sit on the porch and enjoy the nature. Here in NH I live in a neighborhood of 13 houses and the kids run amuc. It is noisey with cars and dirt bikes. Not that any of those things are bad, but not what I want to listen to. The folks that I have met in Greenwood are wonderful people. I highly recommend checking it out.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 PM

64 posts, read 303,194 times
Glad you liked Greenwood. I have been here about 25 years and I love it. I live on the lake and couldn't imagine moving back to town. My electric bill runs about $140 a month. I have a 3 bedroom, 2 baths house. My neighbors are from Vermont and really nice people. Most all the people here are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. Come on down, I think you will like it.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:20 AM

947 posts, read 3,563,290 times
I moved from the Seacoast of New Hampshire in November 2006 and have been in the Abbeville-Greeenwood area since December 2006.

If you're looking for gay life, gay community etc.. stay away from the small towns. If you keep to yourself and mind your p's, q's and etc.. you'll do fine.

Around here, people care more about you "gettin the job done" and taking care of yourself more then anything else.

PM me any time.

Last edited by Jammie; 07-14-2007 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: addy removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina