Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,102 times

Advertisements

My husband job may be bringing him to Greenwood. We have 4 children elementary school and below. What are the schools like? Are there sports facilities for children? Are there good childcare facilities? I am a teacher, how hard is it to get a teaching job? Is there a part of Greenwood that is better for raising children? We would be coming from Atl. and are looking for a place that doesn't take my husband 1.5 hours to get home, just so we can live in a place that is child friendly(good schools, parks, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 PM

64 posts, read 303,962 times
My daughter is a teacher here in Greenwood and I think they always need teachers. There are many many day cares here. I think North or West Greenwood would be the best places to live. I wouldn't want to live in South Greenwood. Lake Greenwood is a good place to live also, but you might want to be closer in town since you have children and they may be into sports. I think you will like it here. My daughter has a very nice house with a pool for sale. It has 5 acres with it. Its in the neighborhood of $260,000.

Last edited by SClady; 07-12-2007 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM

66 posts, read 59,352 times
i used to live in abbeville about 15 miles from greenwood it was the town we had to go to get things has a big walmart pretty much everything you need, my mother was a teacher in calhoun falls around 25 miles from greenwood, i know greenwood does have some parks dont know how many though..its a nice town it seemed to me...

Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,320 times
my sister used to live in greenwood...it has been awhile since she has lived there so...very nice place for a small(er) town

Old 07-14-2007, 02:07 AM

947 posts, read 3,572,282 times
I live and work in Abbeville as a radio broadcaster at one of the two stations in town....

If you can, I'd look for a place in Abbeville... it'll be a bit cheaper, it's a quieter, laid back town where most people are pretty friendly. .. that and it's barely a 20 Minute drive down Highway 72 to Greenwood!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:25 AM

13 posts, read 47,019 times
Abbeville is full of white supremacists and idiots trying to have the city annexed from the USA. Don't listen to the post above mine. Greenwood is statistically higher on the crime rate as well

Old 03-12-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandal View Post
Abbeville is full of white supremacists and idiots trying to have the city annexed from the USA. Don't listen to the post above mine. Greenwood is statistically higher on the crime rate as well
Wow, that is news to me.. never heard anything like it when I lived in Abbeville.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:41 PM

13 posts, read 47,019 times
Talking no joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerUser000 View Post
Wow, that is news to me.. never heard anything like it when I lived in Abbeville.
Search the history of Abbeville. You've never noticed the giant sign coming down the hwy stating let's make a stand! ,giant rebel flag with annex abbeville in smaller lettering. They did a piece on a&e about it a few yrs back. It does appear to be a small quiet town but I've met a few of these wierdos, and I wouldn't make it up. Now I'm not sure if this is still in process, but abbeville doesn't have anything to offer anyway besides a huddle house and trees

Old 04-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandal View Post
Search the history of Abbeville. You've never noticed the giant sign coming down the hwy stating let's make a stand! ,giant rebel flag with annex abbeville in smaller lettering. They did a piece on a&e about it a few yrs back. It does appear to be a small quiet town but I've met a few of these wierdos, and I wouldn't make it up. Now I'm not sure if this is still in process, but abbeville doesn't have anything to offer anyway besides a huddle house and trees
Maybe a huddle house and trees or whatever is all some of us want. I liked Abbeville,it had everything I needed.. didnt hardly ever go to Greenwood for anything and in my 18 months in town, didn't visit Greeneville once.

Id move back to Abbeville sometime again in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina