Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,679 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone my names angelo new to this forum didnt even know they had city forums its good to find a town i might like soo heres my story ,

I am 20yrs old still livn at home , i live on longisland in a town call portwashington , getting pretty sick of it , born and rasied and my parents (townie) i hate the cold now , and prices of homes and land here are crazy , im into (dirtbikes) motocross and own 2 drag cars , looking to relocate and start out on my own some where in sc im looking for a town / county where i can find around 10acres of land or more and a decent town i dont care if its a big city , i got sick of seeing so many people , please help me thank you - angelo p.s. i need to build a huge garage / shop for my self thanks agenn, my dad wants to get a away to will sell his house here (500,000) mabe , so we will have money , i got about 30,000 saved up on my own need more think for a down payment ?

any good websites realestate ?
thanks agen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
There are lots of real estate sites on the Internet. Try RealtyTrac for listed foreclosures.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,679 times
anyone have any town ideas?

Old 02-27-2011, 05:57 PM

13 posts, read 19,624 times
It really just depends on what area of the state you want to live in which depends on what kind of environment you are looking for. You can find rural areas throughout SC where you can easily buy 10+ acres of land. Also prices for the housing market and land are pretty fair here so you should have no trouble finding what you're looking for.

If you want to live near the coast, you will find some nice rural areas an hour or so from the ocean but you will have to deal more with tourism spikes during the summer. The Midlands is good if you want to be within an hour of the capital with lots to do if you get bored. The Upstate is great with lots of available land in most counties including mountain areas.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM

255 posts, read 610,436 times
Don't forget about looking into the Pee Dee area. Florence is a great place to live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina