U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM

4 posts, read 2,478 times
we are also from ohio looking to relocate to the SC area but are looking for manufacturing jobs any luck with these there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 AM

3,723 posts, read 2,709,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofplacebeachbum View Post
we are also from ohio looking to relocate to the SC area but are looking for manufacturing jobs any luck with these there?
In the past few months, several manufacturing companies have announced re-locating to the Upstate area (Greenville-Spartanburg). Even a company from Cleveland is moving here. Check out the Greenville-Spartanburg sub-forum for more info.

BTW, you will love it here in SC. I was born and raised in Ohio, but being in the Navy had not lived there since I was 18. I visit family there several times a year, but avoid visiting in the winter!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,328 times
Default Us Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanefreehauf7986 View Post
My wife and I have always loved SC. We went to Hilton Head 2 years ago, Charleston last year and Myrtle Beach last week. We live in Ohio and hate every minute of it and want to move to SC. I'm a landscaper and my wife wants to work in a retail shop. I Don't want to be in big cities but want to be around a half hour from beach. Please give me some suggestions.
My family and I are in the same situation as you here in Wisconsin. If you find this "small town" that we are looking for,would you kindly let me know? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,328 times
Looking for a small town (8,000 people or less)) to relocate to with my family (wife,14 yr. son, 4 yr. daughter). hopefully with in 30 min. of Charleston. Anyone have any advice?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,793,398 times
Chapin is 21 miles northwest of Columbia and calls itself the Capital of Lake Murray.

Lake Murray Makes Top 10 of Places to Boat and Live | wltx.com

http://www.boatingmag.com/skills/10-...-boat?page=0,5

Old 05-25-2011, 04:30 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,551,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Chapin is 21 miles northwest of Columbia and calls itself the Capital of Lake Murray.

Lake Murray Makes Top 10 of Places to Boat and Live | wltx.com

10 Best Places To Live & Boat | Boating Magazine
I second this post. Being from WI it is so nice to be on a lake... in winter... that doesnt entail needing a snowmobile to get out on.... and fishing doesnt require a hole in the ice and someone yelling "tip up!!"

Seriously this area worked for us as we wanted to be near/on a lake while also being near the "city", and only a couple hour drive if we want to visit Chareston or the ocean for a day. Been here 2.5 yrs and love it.

For the various midwesterners on this thread--winters here are great. Sure summers are long and hot, but one doesnt shovel humidity...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM

6,674 posts, read 4,793,398 times
Here's a website for those interested in and needing more information on moving to the Carolinas.

CarolinaLiving.com: Visitor, Relocation & Retirement Guide to North Carolina & South Carolina

Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 PM

130 posts, read 131,062 times
Watch out for the humidity! Lived here all my life and it still gets to me.
Recommend you rent for a while before you buy. Also the advice on jobs is very good. SC economy is in the doldrums and this is a right to work state, so pay, benefits and job security are not as good.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 AM

21 posts, read 6,068 times
Default Moving to SC area from OHIO

Hello,
We are wanting to move to SC area from Lima, OH. Husband and I are originally from small farming towns Coldwater/Celina Ohio. We are becoming empty nesters and want a change in life. I keep saying this cannot be what life is suppose to be? Work, home, supper, tv, yard work then bed? No way can I keep living in an area where there is nothing to do. Life has more to it then this!!! We are ready to move and start our lives.
How do we look for jobs and where to live, prior to moving there? We have visited the area and love the area. I don't want a big city, but want something with jobs, close to ocean; 30 min, 45, etc.

Where did you move from? Can you help us on where to move, where jobs are, etc.? We are a great hardworking couple!

My husband is a foreman for a roofing company- repairman, and I have large amount experience in office administrative; accts pay, rec, payroll, etc.

Thanks a million!

Tammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
I'm from Ohio. where at in the buckeye state are you from. i can give you an idea as to what might be good so that there isn't too much "culture" shock. the only reason i say "culture" shock is that you want to avoid "big cities" in SC? well small towns in the lower state may not be to your liking. just being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina