U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2011, 04:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,032 times
Default Moving from Florida to South Carolina

My wife and I are considering relocating to South Carolina from Fort Lauderdale, FL, I'd appreciate any advice or info you'd care to share with me. We are looking to move to a safer area to raise our kids in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 04:42 PM

8,719 posts, read 14,271,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwoodley814 View Post
My wife and I are considering relocating to South Carolina from Fort Lauderdale, FL, I'd appreciate any advice or info you'd care to share with me. We are looking to move to a safer area to raise our kids in.
Have you checked out Greenville, SC. Apparently, the best schools in SC are there. It's a neat town as well.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM

714 posts, read 524,162 times
The suburban areas of Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston are all nice places. If you're looking for a slower pace of life as well, then you'll likely find it. Coming from South Florida, be prepared for a bit of culture shock, especially in Greenville and Columbia, but I think you'll find either place to be a good place to raise kids.

Oh, and this is true now more than ever, esp. in this economy...have a job in hand before you make a move! The employment outlook in SC seems to be rebounding somewhat, but it's not exactly a hot jobs market at the moment.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 PM

7,089 posts, read 5,423,447 times
The urban areas of Columbia are nice as well. Choose A.C. Flora High or Dreher High.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,281,967 times
bmwoodley,
You have to give more info on here for a more specific recomendation.
Do you wnt to be by the ocean?
Do you prefer the mountains?
What do you do for a living? There are different companies throughout SC.
How old are your children?
I'm partical to where I am living, so I will just give you
a link to our online newspaper for your review.
Aikenstandard.com
Check it out. Nice place to raise kids.
You must visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina