Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,207 times

Advertisements

My husband received a promotion to Florence, SC. Currently I am a teacher in Michigan. We have 2 young sons (5 and 2). We are looking for a neighborhood with land, a place our family and friends can be proud of. We are terrified to move away from EVERYONE that we know. Our 5 year old was going to start K at my school. This is a crappy time because school already started in SC and hasn't started here. I am stressed and not sure where to continue looking for homes. We are an interracial couple and am concerned with that as well. I would like to be outside of a city, but not to rural. Please help!! THis is my first post on anything like this...ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 PM

899 posts, read 2,277,294 times
Welcome to South Carolina! You should use the "Search this forum" function on the South Carolina page to find other discussion threads on Florence. The general advice given is that the West Florence area is considered the most desirable in terms of living and schools. This is what I have also heard from friends who live in Florence. You can find nice neighborhoods in West Florence and the public schools are the best in that area. Florence is not a giant city but is an anchor city for the Northeastern section of the state - so you have plenty of amenities, shopping, dining, etc. Hopefully some folks from Florence will chime in too, but definitely try reading the other Florence threads too.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:56 PM

130 posts, read 265,509 times
My recommendation is to rent for about six months, particularly with the current housing market. Houses in SC are often very over priced hoping some "rich yankee" will buy it. You can then better decide where to live.
It will be different. Afterall this is a strong Tea Party/conservative Republican state - and getting moreso.
Good luck!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,868 times
What is considered West Florence. I am looking to move back to the coastal South Carolina area in the next 6 months

Old 09-28-2011, 03:53 PM

235 posts, read 525,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by standonit View Post
What is considered West Florence. I am looking to move back to the coastal South Carolina area in the next 6 months
West Florence is generally the area around the Mall and Civic Center by the intersection of 95/20. I wouldn't consider Florence part of the coast but its only a 45-60 minute drive depending on traffic.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
West Florence is generally the area around the Mall and Civic Center by the intersection of 95/20. I wouldn't consider Florence part of the coast but its only a 45-60 minute drive depending on traffic.
Thank you for reply. we are looking at Florence because it allows us easy access to the beach without having to put up with the insanity of the tourists constantly under foot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina