Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:57 PM

14 posts, read 50,072 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to Mt. Pleasant in the Spring/Summer of '08 from NJ. He's an elementary teacher and should have no problem finding a job. Me on the other hand am an Art Director in Pharmaceutical/Consumer advertising. Is it a lucritive enough business in the Charleston area that I can have an easy time finding a job? I'm prepared for the pay cut (quality of life is most important). Any info regarding this industry is much appreciated! We can't wait to get down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,555,881 times
We'll look forward to having you. I can't speak specifically to the advertising side of your industry, but I know many people that are in pharmaceutical sales locally that do very well.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Thank you! I'm not exactly "married" to advertising, so pharma sales is something I will definitely look into. My background may end up being a foot in the door...

On a slightly different note, are you familiar with Watermark? Have been doing research and can't seem to find out too much about it (like when it'll be liveable). I do know it's a new development that could be worth looking into.
Thank you for your help!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Good luck with the job search.
I do not know when Watermark will be liveable. I can tell you that it's in a good location and the developer develops nice places.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM

Good to know about the builder. Thank you again!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:04 PM

You're welcome, and I hope all goes well.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:55 PM

5,545 posts, read 15,319,929 times
Since I am familiar with the large Advertising industry in the Greenville area (thus on a statewide level as well), I found it rather easy to locate a helpful organization in the Charleston area for you. Advertising Federation Charleston (Ad Fed Charleston) - a nonprofit association with lots of valuable information.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Skyliner:
I can't thank you enough for this information. It's been stressing me a little with the job search (I need one in order to move ;-) I am going to register now to become a member! Whew....I feel better now! It seems to also be a great way to meet people....Again, thank you.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,727 times
MelD74:
I came across your message thread w/ Skyliner and felt compelled to reply. My wife and I are also from NJ and have been traveling to Charleston, SC in preparation to move there. I am a professional musician (play in Monmouth County all the time) and own a Broadcast / Marketing firm. My wife, who co-founded the company has just recently earned her Masters, EdS degree and is now a licensed Psychotherapist.

The Ad Federation sounds like the place to be for Advertising Professional, there is also the American Marketing Association-Charleston. Good luck on your move... we won't be far behind!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 AM

ADG: It's hard not to fall in love w/ Charleston...but my husband and I are still in NJ (between the economy/job market and the housing market it's impossible)...But we hope things will change soon. I wish you and your wife luck on your move! When is the big day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina