Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 01:54 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,063,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3200 View Post
Do not go to Columbia sc unless you wallow in football games,cheerleaders and all around male chauvinistic behavior..

Hey this something to be proud of for your first post! Can't wait to read your next post.

Oh, BTW, GO GAMECOCKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 02:36 PM

5,715 posts, read 4,680,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Hey this something to be proud of for your first post! Can't wait to read your next post.

Oh, BTW, GO GAMECOCKS!
Yeah, what ZUMAN said.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 12,847 times
I moved from Columbia to Charleston 2 1/2 months ago and made a mistake. Will be moving back by the end of September. Its very expensive to buy a home and if you are ok with living the apartment life. Charleston is beautiful but just way to expense. I would pick Columbia.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:42 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth47 View Post
I moved from Columbia to Charleston 2 1/2 months ago and made a mistake. Will be moving back by the end of September. Its very expensive to buy a home and if you are ok with living the apartment life. Charleston is beautiful but just way to expense. I would pick Columbia.
But why move somewhere thats known to be more expensive than columbia without the proper funds?

Old 09-12-2016, 07:45 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,937,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
But why move somewhere thats known to be more expensive than columbia without the proper funds?
I find it way cheaper to check Zillow for a couple minutes rather than move first, then figure out housing later.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:19 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I find it way cheaper to check Zillow for a couple minutes rather than move first, then figure out housing later.
Yep! Homework counts.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:33 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,945,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3200 View Post
Do not go to Columbia sc unless you wallow in football games,cheerleaders and all around male chauvinistic behavior..
You know, I find it funny how people who only know Columbia because they went to a few football games or visited some friends at USC in college make an assessment of the city purely based off of that. Not saying thats the case with Wolfie here but 9 out of 10 times someone says that Columbia is awful, all they know of it is from the campus south to I-77 which based off of just that, yeah Columbia does suck and yeah, it is nothing but a bunch of football fans, you know because, thats where the game was! I was telling a co-worker here in Greenville about being from Columbia and they gave me they whole "oh, I'm sorry" line that you get from most Greenville natives because the only experience they have had in Columbia was a few elementary school field trips to the zoo and state house, visiting a friend who went to USC and lived in Five Points, going out in Five Points, and the Clemson/Carolina football game 5 years ago (this person is a Clemson alum).

That would be like someone coming to Greenville and only going to White Horse Road or Piedmont Highway and saying its a terrible city.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 AM

5,715 posts, read 4,680,176 times
My Uber driver the other night had moved from DC. He assumed that he would find a job easily because he had been in the restaurant industry for 20 years. That logic baffles me. People who come here without jobs, have never even visited, and don't have a sizable nest-egg, are daft.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:34 PM

1,124 posts, read 924,346 times
I’d say Columbia over Charleston anyday. I moved here not even a month ago and can’t wait to get away from the snotty stuck up people. Plus, higher incomes in Lexington County and ya cheaper. And you can’t say it has more any longer.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 PM

1,124 posts, read 924,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amignon View Post
I would highly recommend Charleston known for its rich history, well-preserved architecture, distinguished restaurants, and mannerly people, Charleston is a popular tourist destination and has received a large number of accolades, including "America's Most Friendly [City]" by Travel + Leisure in 2011 and in 2013 and 2014 by Condé Nast Traveler,[9][10] and also "the most polite and hospitable city in America" by Southern Living magazine.[11] In 2016, Charleston was ranked the "World's Best City" by Travel + Leisure.[12]
I am a realtor with Carolina One Real Estate Services and live in Summerville. I can help you find a place to rent so pls call me on my cell number 843 998 4903.
Thanks and I look forward to hear from you.
I mean, Columbia would have historic architecture if Sherman hadn’t burnt it all. But, we can’t all just have the option to surrender our city. And those are all outdated. Charleston has awards. But so does Cola. The Zoo is the most visited attraction. Not Fort Sumter or the Battery. Columbia’s got at least something for eveyone. Old buildings, high rises, and yes, technically, one skyscraper. Columbia was just named one of America’s Best Small Cities by National Geographic. And personally, I don’t know how those fake, uppity, snooty people got “Most Friendly City.” It’s all fake. More genuine people in Columbia in my opinion. And I’ve lived in both. And the lower class down here in Charleston has really been left behind. I’m not saying it doesn’t have things, just, Columbia has finally caught up and surpassed the “hype.” Not to mention skyrocketing rates. Do a quick search, Mr Realtor Man can’t tell you this, but odds are, in a couple years, your rates will skyrocket because no one can afford to live there. And I love his use of what I assume is a Wikipedia article and not his own knowledge, given the [10][11] and such. My knowledge comes from personal experience. He probably can’t tell you that because he’s not originally from here. Have a nice decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina