Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 PM

33 posts, read 124,553 times

Advertisements

Relocating- I am interested in information on areas to look to buy a newer home. We are moving from the northeast to the Aiken area and there seem to be so many homes for sale. I was looking for some information on the best communities to live in, so I can better narrow down our search. Would love a newer home, safe suburb type neighborhood with a decent yard. Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,913,566 times
Mwebs,
I really would suggest you rent for a small time to really look around and see what you would be interested in buying. Buying a home is a giant commitment, saying that, I bought mine in 3 weeks after looking around for a home. We bought new.
What are you looking for?
Do you want to be in the city of Aiken?
I live outside the city which is minutes away from me.
It's a buyers market, so you could always make an offer on a house that you like.
We went out with a realtor who really did listen to us as to what we wanted.
Check out 29803 city of Aiken zip code. I live in 29851. Warrenville is outside the city
limits, yet close to downtown Aiken, USC, hospital, and there are MANY brand new
homes in Warrenville for sale right now. Check out online.
Have fun in your home search, and good luck! You will love this area, I'm sure!
If you have any questions, ask me here on this forum online.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Default Re:

Thanks so much for your reply. Due to relocation benefits etc. it looks like it might be best for us to buy in the next few months. We were told Aiken was a nice area but are interested in surrounding towns as well. Did see a lot of new homes in the Warrenville area online. Just hard to tell which developments are the best. We are planning a trip down with a realtor so I think the best plan will be to just look at whats down there and decide. If you know the names of any housing communities in that area that you have heard good things about please let me know (or negative things as well). Thanks again!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,653 times
I have lived in Lexington for over 2 years now but used to live in Aiken. I can't think of names to new developments that are actually in city limits in Aiken. Sandstone behind the mall is within the last 10 years. There are some new developments around Woodside and Chukker Creek. I grew up in Houndslake and I used to live in Millbrook and I know there is a newer townhome development back in there as well. Houndslake and Millbrook are older, established neighborhoods.
New developments I can think of were in what is known as the valley or Midland Valley area which includes Warrenville, mentioned above, and Graniteville. Horse Creek, Hawk's Ridge, the neighborhood beside Sage Valley Golf Club(name escapes me), Gregg's Mill, Camden, Mustang Plantation. Nearly any subdivision around the Sudlow Lake Road side of Midland Valley High School has been built within the last 15 years or so. That area puts you right in between Aiken and Augusta.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger17 View Post
I have lived in Lexington for over 2 years now but used to live in Aiken. I can't think of names to new developments that are actually in city limits in Aiken. Sandstone behind the mall is within the last 10 years. There are some new developments around Woodside and Chukker Creek. I grew up in Houndslake and I used to live in Millbrook and I know there is a newer townhome development back in there as well. Houndslake and Millbrook are older, established neighborhoods.
New developments I can think of were in what is known as the valley or Midland Valley area which includes Warrenville, mentioned above, and Graniteville. Horse Creek, Hawk's Ridge, the neighborhood beside Sage Valley Golf Club(name escapes me), Gregg's Mill, Camden, Mustang Plantation. Nearly any subdivision around the Sudlow Lake Road side of Midland Valley High School has been built within the last 15 years or so. That area puts you right in between Aiken and Augusta.
Have you heard which of those developments are better or are they all basically the same just put in different places? Thanks so much for you help!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,653 times
Just from my driving around and understanding from people that still live there:

I'd say Horse Creek has larger, nicer homes that are higher priced. Hawk's Ridge is beside it and is supposed to be a downsized, lesser priced version of Horse Creek. Gregg's Mill, Camden, Sage Creek, Mustang Plantation, and Midland Pines are all basically the same homes just in different spots. All of these except for Sage Creek have easy access to US 1, which is the main corridor for travel between Aiken and Augusta. Sage Creek has better access to I-20.

You might also want to look around Connector Road, Addie Road, and Ascauga Lake Road as well in the valley. There are many new homes built on these roads that aren't necessarily in neighborhoods but are very nice. Connector Road is the back way to connect the town of Graniteville to Midland Valley High School without having to get on US 1. Ascauga Lake Road connects Graniteville to North Augusta.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:14 AM

9 posts, read 15,183 times
We are moving to Beaufort, SC in July. We have a 8 and 13 years old school age kids. Would like to know which area is good school location for great schools? Appreciate any advise. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina