Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:41 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times

Advertisements

I fall more in love with SC everyday and this is my list of TEN ( what's yours?) of the things I love, love, love, the best:

1. The weather ... It is 70's in January! Garden Centers are open..Flowers set outside.
2.The ocean...Of course it is so awesome.
3. The shows...There are so many, and never enough time.
4. The people...Alway hello, always happy, smiling, friendly.
5. The street festivals and conventions, craft fairs too.
6.The Golfing capital of the World....100 courses!
7.Happy Hubbies ( due to the above)
8. Tons of restaurants...most on marshes or on the ocean.
9. Pet friendly beaches, hotels, neighbors.
10. Great places to bring company...The fairs, the flea markets, water parks, shows, restaurants, entertainment, Broadway at the Beach, Market Common, Coastal Mall.

Can I say more? What are your favorites in SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,332,502 times
Though I haven't arrived yet, I've been to SC several times and am coming out of my skin in anticipation to move there. So, for now, this is an outsider's top 10. And, like yours, my kinda leans toward a Myrtle Beach theme, but not totally.

1-Weather
2-The ocean
3-Friendly people
4-Wonderful selection of restaurants
5-SC Gamecocks
6-Broadway at the Beach
7-Very nice aquariums
8-Bible Belt
9-Reasonable cost of living
10-Numberous events, festivals and celebrations year round.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM

And how in the World did I forget LOW Taxes! I mean that small check compared to PA...no wonder they smile so much down here.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:51 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,617,513 times
All great reasons I love it here except for one...the bible belt...

Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM

It is kind of interesting to see so many kinds of religions around. To each, his own choice......
Everyone can choose the way that is right for them.
I still see my church from home in NJ and PA so I will be perfectly fine.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:43 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,918,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I fall more in love with SC everyday and this is my list of TEN ( what's yours?) of the things I love, love, love, the best:
Summering ... nothing could be finer ... I am so glad you love, love, love South Carolina.

Eventually you may want to visit churches of your own denomination so you will have a local church family too.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,882,633 times
Summering, I LOVE LOVE LOVE South Carolina too!

Things I love in no particular order
- the changes it has made in my oldest son's life
- affordable housing (It is why we moved here)
- weather
- beach
- friendly people
- the ability to get out and do things all year round (as opposed to being stuck in the house for several months of the year with the heat cranked up - I HATE the cold)
- have I mentioned the beach?
- the wonderful friends I have made
- living in a tourist area (I know this one sounds strange but I love it. To get to see people relaxing and enjoying their vacation, couples holding hands and parents playing with their kids is a constant reminder of how we all should live our life everyday, not just on vacation ... and frankly it just makes me smile)
- and I can't forget the beach!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 AM

460 posts, read 984,141 times
It's funny. I grew up in Charlotte, and Atlanta. But everyone else in my entire family is from South Carolina. And of course I've visited there many times. The thing I mostly love about it, is that when I do visit, it feels like home, even though I've never actually lived there. South Carolina on my short list of places to possibly retire.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 PM

You are all so interesting.
I too can not stand the cold. I love getting out on days that back home I'd be caved up.
Seeing flowers in January and February is amazing to me.
I will never tire of that.

Also this area ( on the south end anyhow) is so very pet friendly. Everyone has one or two dogs.
We meet up and talk at the beach or local park.

I am still hoping to catch up with Vexy...with our pups on the beach!

Everyone is so very friendly they love to talk to you and tell you where they are from.

I think Muonic you are right to think of SC as the retirement place. It does feel like home.
The prices and the taxes are right. The people wonderful. The beach, the weather....
What more can one ask for?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,900,849 times
Summering,

I'm so glad you are enjoying it there. I like alot of the things you listed about SC. Myrtle Beach is one of my favorite beaches and all that it has to do.

Sounds like everyone is just as happy there. Must be a wonderful place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina