Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,319 times

Advertisements

So, you disagree that North Charleston and Mt Pleasant are suburbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
Oh awesome. The fact that you have that perspective of this...makes it that much more fun for me! But it's ok, I'll stop picking on lil ole Greenville.
Lol. There is that ego again. You aren't that important brother. Don't kid yourself kid. Your posts prove that.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 PM

315 posts, read 623,444 times
"gvillesc", to add, you must have missed Joe Riley 2 weeks ago come out publicly praising and supporting Barack Obama..........the same Obama whose NLRB is sueing Boeing and trying to force the N Char plant to close. Yeah, Riley is REALLY helping.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Lol. There is that ego again. You aren't that important brother. Don't kid yourself kid. Your posts prove that.
No I'm not. But I'm important enough in your eyes to keep you here posting in response, although you offer little to refute my facts. So while I may not be that important, it says a lot that I've obviously kept your attention

Old 02-02-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
So, you disagree that North Charleston and Mt Pleasant are suburbs?
Well, yes and no. "Suburb" if you mean both are smaller than the City of Charleston. Thats unquestioned to be true.

But comparing a larger scale, would Fort Worth be a "suburb" of Dallas? Both are very large cities and would be fine on their own, but do depend and benefit from each other. Minny-St Paul, Tampa-St Pete. Same idea.

To me, "suburb" is a cluster of population that is somewhere around 25%-30% the size of the central city. And North Charleston, if you included the military population, would be probably 100-105,000, compared to Chas's 120,000-ish. Just doesn't ring the "suburb" vibe to me.

BUT, if you mean strictly in saying both are a bit smaller than Charleston, then yeah, they are.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Quote:
No I'm not. But I'm important enough in your eyes to keep you here posting in response, although you offer little to refute my facts. So while I may not be that important, it says a lot that I've obviously kept your attention
It is always entertaining to chat with people who have really big egos. I do have a busy day tomorrow though, so I'll have to read up next time I have time. Take this with you though, on a serious note. In order to achieve success, a big ego has to be humbled. Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees. Have a good one!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
How to solve this problem: Contact Cenus or move to Atlanta. Better yet, do both. You'll be in a MSA area so large then that you won't even have to worry about what counties are or aren't included in the metro area.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
It is always entertaining to chat with people who have really big egos. I do have a busy day tomorrow though, so I'll have to read up next time I have time. Take this with you though, on a serious note. In order to achieve success, a big ego has to be humbled. Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees. Have a good one!
And he still can't get enough

Wow. An anonymous dude on an online forum....after I've accused him of not being able to help himself when it comes to responding to me........responds by trying to give me some sort of inner wisdom.

Look man, just stop Stop responding to me, I'm toying with you, having fun in a childish debate because you make it so easy. It's too fun for me to stop, honestly, so for both us, just stop and dont respond!!! I'm cutting you off!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How to solve this problem: Contact Cenus or move to Atlanta. Better yet, do both. You'll be in a MSA area so large then that you won't even have to worry about what counties are or aren't included in the metro area.
But I really dont care about city size. That dude redcliffe is obsessed with it, and I had fun a few months back picking on him about it. Hell, if that MSA size crap mattered that much to me, I'd move to York County, South Carolina, which TECHNICALLY is in the Charlotte MSA, which dwarfs the Gville, Cola and Chas MSA's.

But SSHHHHHH If redcliff hears that, he may move!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,319 times
Quote:
Well, yes and no. "Suburb" if you mean both are smaller than the City of Charleston. Thats unquestioned to be true.

But comparing a larger scale, would Fort Worth be a "suburb" of Dallas? Both are very large cities and would be fine on their own, but do depend and benefit from each other. Minny-St Paul, Tampa-St Pete. Same idea.

To me, "suburb" is a cluster of population that is somewhere around 25%-30% the size of the central city. And North Charleston, if you included the military population, would be probably 100-105,000, compared to Chas's 120,000-ish. Just doesn't ring the "suburb" vibe to me.

BUT, if you mean strictly in saying both are a bit smaller than Charleston, then yeah, they are.
No. Not, your personal definition. Size doesn't matter. Do some research on suburban history. There's lots of good books on the subject. PM me if you would like me to suggest some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina