Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,073 times

Advertisements

Hey all...so I might be relocating to Florence and wanted to know if anyone can give me details on the area. Its going to be a big move since I'm from Chicago and am moving to a smaller town. I'm curious to know if there are any more urban/larger surrounding city or gentrified/diverse areas near florence that I might consider moving to. Not to be overly paranoid, but being a minority (Asian) honestly makes me a bit apprehensive on the move...

Any information on good locations, best places to meet people, etc are would be much appreciated....the positive on the move is that I am a golf nut so that would be a plus!

Thanks all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM

235 posts, read 528,370 times
Well first of all good luck to the move if made. Here is my take on Florence. It's not Chicago or anywhere close to that. Florence has all of your basic needs; Pretty much anything that you need going from a decent mall to plenty of different restaurants to go to. Im not sure if your big on nightlife but Florence isn't greatly known for that but has a few good spots such as Apple Annies, Redbone Alley, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc... Probably the best thing Florence that a lot of love is its location. Columbia and Myrtle Beach are within a hour drive, 2 hours to 3 hours to Charleston, Charlotte and Savannah and Atlanta is 4 hours. Florence is a real laid back town but very true to what you would think of southern hospaility. I wish you well on your transition and hopefully this input helped. Anymore questions I am more than willing to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina