Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times

Advertisements

There are gangs here, but there are gangs in nearly every city in the country. The real thing that makes the crime rate higher in the South, not just South Carolina, is that domestic violence is a bigger problem. It may be because a lot of extended families in the rural south live on the same land that great great grandpa had and they're in closer proximity to each other than in many other parts of the country. I don't know. Just listen to or read the news and you'll see how many of the crimes are domestic. Heck, my family drives me crazy - if they lived next door I might become prone to violence, too, lol, but luckily most of them are out of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
Hey, im not even from south carolina and i see crime ,violence , gangs ,drugs and arson all the time and im up here in upstate ny in the middle of know where. no matter where you go , unless you go to the moon there will be something . i like everything about sc except FIRE ANTS LOL

Old 04-13-2008, 04:11 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
There is a serious cultural problem across the United States. Somehow many people have completely lost the ability to properly recognize good and evil and then prioritize their lives accordingly. Too often today we see young people who have been brainwashed into thinking the bad things in this world are good for them. It seems that general respect for anyone or anything is diminishing into a distant memory. This is certainly not limited to this state. It happens everywhere across the country and most parts of the globe.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Yes, it is all over..........You can just read it online in any newspaper you might punch in.
Believe me its in my home state of NJ, my current state of PA...........its in my vacation spots of Florida and South Carolina.......
America has a problem not just one area or one state.........I agree with the above poster. What happened to Americas values, and why do criminals get away with so much.........??

Old 04-13-2008, 10:15 PM

3,072 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Just thought I'd drop in on ya tonight, SC. I agree with the 2 previous posters. The crime problem seems to be everywhere anymore, same offenses, same underlying problems, etc. I don't have a clue what to do except that it is going to take a united effort-and with people so divided on issues nowadays-it will be tough to get people together. But something must be done before America (and maybe the world) becomes one big ****hole. We must start somewhere. I know what a lot of people fear and that is retribution.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:48 PM

I see and understand a definite foundational problem in a common philosophy for life. I think too many individuals have given in to the idea that there are no absolutes and therefore no one is considered right or wrong at any given time. I have wondered if these same people just don't care about laws and the necessary structure they provide in our lives. Let's face it, laws have to be based on some form of absolute moral system or they are pointless. How else can anyone be justifiably dictated by what is considered legal and what is not? It seems that many people just do not believe they can ever be wrong, regardless of their actions and that is a serious problem in my opinion.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:14 AM

I don't care what anyone says about south carolina. im still moving down this summer, because it has alot of positive things to offer. isn't funny that everyone just wants to pull the negitive out this state. how come i don't see a thread on here about some of the nice things ? if the state is so bad then why don't all the ones that have nothing good to say about south carolina move to a better state , since it's so bad down there.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
I don't care what anyone says about south carolina. im still moving down this summer, because it has alot of positive things to offer. isn't funny that everyone just wants to pull the negitive out this state. how come i don't see a thread on here about some of the nice things? ...
I had to search pretty hard, but think I may have found a thread with at least "some of the nice things" for you.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:42 AM

Thankyou skyliner !! you just made my day. those pics are awsome. these prove that sc is not just a crime ridden area. it has beautifull things to offer.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Oh gosh, how could SC be so bad........Its not.
I love the weather, it kind of has all seasons except not such a bad winter.
It has the ocean and all the fun that goes with that.
How about Barefoot Landing, Broadway at the Beach ( sorry hubby deleted those pix by accident) and now it has the Market Common. The most gorgeous new Coastal Grande Mall.........we are never bored.
There is the Dixie Stampede Shows that all the company loves.
The Grand Ole' Opry stage.........and how about Alabama Theater.
There is a lot of entertainment.
Now you also have Hard Rock Theme Park..........the newest Theme Park in the Nation.
The Pee Dee Car show comes every spring and it is a real hit. All those old time cars!
There is over 100 golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area, plus those just over the border.
Shopping galore..........cute Pottery Shops.......antiques.
And............those Murrells Inlet restaurants!
Really, it is a fun place and I look forward every year to going there for a few months..
I have yet to worry if my door is locked..........You'll love it just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina